July 30, 2014 | 1172 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by chemyst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I use this the way it was intented, but I threw out the flat brush and apply over BB/under powder with a concealer brush picking up my color as needed: yellow for undereye circles, green for redness/pimples and pink for any weird healing bruise-y stuff. (I have bad sinuses that occasionally give me under-eye circes that look and fade like shiners)
It has all three colors in one compact, so it is great for travel and has better coverage than I expected.
Really the only con I have is that, like most powders, it just doesn't last more than 4-5 hours on me. It also works really well on my fair to light skin, leading me to think the 'creamy natural' part might run far too ghostly on darker complected folks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by veelui

is this supposed to be a setting powder, it makes me look super pasty, and it doesnt do any 'correcting' either, this just doesnt work for me

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very fair with yellow undertones not pink. I couldn’t tell if this powder was really correcting because it looked so bad the three times I tried it. I tried it with 2 different powder brushes and a puff but each time it made my makeup look cakey and highlighted each pore and fine line to an unacceptable degree. I bought the translucent but it left a whitish cast on me. I shudder to think what it would look like on a medium skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Tayloralma

I love this stuff! It really does "correct" your flaws, I find it gets slightly oily but nothing at all that a quick blog can't fix! It feels very light! I would definitely recommend it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with this powder.
The goal of my make-up routine is always to get flawless, natural skin. I don't buy a lot of eyeliners or eyeshadows, but I invest a butt load on concealers, BB creams, etc.

So when I came across this powder (on sale) I thought I would give it a try. I have really fair skin, so I actually opted for the translucent version in the hopes that it would correct a few things (such as the very prominent bags under my eyes, the ruddiness around my nose, as so forth).
I was actualy very impressed. It helps even out my skin tone, and I like to use it around my eyes to set concealer as well as correct anything my concealer does not get.

A good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of hte mineral wear talc-free powders from PF--and this mineral correcting poder in creamy natural makes my porcelain skin simply glow--and I tend to get a bit shiny in my T-zone and with this I am pretty shine-free most of the day--when I'm busy I forget to powder my nose, but with this powder, no worries--it evens out my rosy cheeks and gives a soft matte finish once I put my Max Factor Face Finity foundation on--my face stays perfect all day--I pick these up whenever I hit a buy-one-get-one 50% off; and the packaging stinks, but what can you do--the brush is garbage and I use a large fluffy powder brush to set my makeup. LOVE--my sensitive, fair, combo skin that's turning 40 this year LOVES PF powders :) Try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Target had the Physicians Formula Correcting Kit (comes with loose powder, correcting concealer, and this compact) on clearance for $4.50. Such a deal! The correcting concealer sucks, but I had much better luck with this. It gave nice even coverage. I have combo/oily skin and am pretty pale. This evened out the redness I tend to get around my nose. It did so well I think it would be okay by itself for a light makeup day, like a quick trip to the grocery store. Just a bit of blush and some lip gloss.

You're better off using a regular brush, the ridiculous PF tri-colored flat brushes do nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SweetLash

Because my skin is super sensitive, It has been about a year or so that I have not used a powder. I use foundation and I like the dewey look it has without a powder but it doesn't last all day...so today I went searching for a powder that doesn't have talc and alas, I found this! I am in love with it! I have combination skin and this powder helps blot out my shiny spots but it doesn't enhance the look of my dry patches either. It's translucent enough to use as a finishing powder without making my face look cakey. I recommend this product if you have sensitive skin, or if you want a nice matte finishing powder that will neutralize and even out your skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this today but I have checked it in the mirror several times since I purchased it and it's going on 6 hours that it still looks great. I did read reviews and it seems people are disappointed with the color and lack of coverage. It's not a foundation, it's a color neutralizer. It looks just like your skin just with more even tone. That's the point.

I decided recently-ish that I needed to embrace my naturally paler-than-I-would-like skin in lieu of wrinkles and cancer from the sun and fake tans. I've struggled to find a good foundation in my new shade that does everything I want.

I found this on sale and I had seen it before but never given it a try. My skin isn't great, my cheeks and nose get blotchy and I break out on my chin pretty bad one week a month. ;-) I like doing my makeup but i don't want to NEED a 10-step routine each morning. I think this may be the answer to my 5-step routine.

1. Moisturize
2. BB cream all over
3. Concealer as needed
4. Blush/bronzer/eyes as needed depending on the day
5. Sweep this correcting powder over my nose and chin for a smooth finish without redness

So far it has a nice finish: not quite matte but not shimmery. It doesn't seem to rub off when I touch it which is cool. I could see how it would be too light if you have a tan or dark skin but over regular makeup and a light hand it does a pretty good job. I did see that they now make a "correcting bronzer" that might work better for darker skin although the reason I liked having a tan in the first place was because it evened my skin tone so maybe they're thinking darker girls don't have this issue. Overall I'm excited to use it more and I hope it holds up well.

Oh yeah, the container and brush suck but all their products have the same packaging so it was expected.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I use this powder in the winter, when I'm extra pale and my skin's a little dry. It's not terrific at controlling oiliness, but at that time of year it's ok. It's also very light-textured, so it's nice as a touch-up powder because it doesn't feel like I'm caking on a ton of makeup with every touch-up. However, it's a bit of a pain to use that way, as the provided brush is TERRIBLE and the powder itself is very soft, so using another brush gets messy. It doesn't really work with a puff, because you can end up with streaks of the "blended" tones. So, I end up using it mostly at home -- even though it's better for touchups. However, it's the best winter powder I've found, because of the extremely light shade and less drying finish.