September 2, 2014 | 1719 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Seashellbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is awwwweesomeee. I bought it for my senior prom and had used it for a long time afterwards; since it lasts foreverrr. A little goes a long long way, that's for sure. It makes your skin (body or face) look flawless, which would make it the perfect foundation. But to be honest it was a little too thick for me for a daily use. I usually like the more natural dewy look. But this is a beautiful foundation and you'll love it. Definitely worth to at least try- get a sample before you buy if you want.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by stephaniedubbioso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this one on accident thinking this was the double wear my friend was telling me about. Gives amazing coverage and makes my face look FLAWLESS around my nose and forehead. But I had to take off two because no matter how quickly I blend it, no matter what I use to blend with and no matter if I use a primer/ moisturiser... It always turns out patchy around my cheeks, and the sides of my face. It dries so quickly on the face so you have to be quick. Shame it didn't work for me because I really did love the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by brindadhillon

This foundation is amazing for all skin types. i have normal skin and i have little bit of redness around my nose and little of scarring but girls this foundation will cover anything on your face flawlessly!! it is full coverage foundation! and it sets very quickly so you may want to apply it in small sections and blend it really good. i know i will not have any problems if i don't set it with powder but still i do set it with rimmel's translucent powder. little amount goes a loooong way! this tube will last aa long time. it goes on so smooth and creamy and flawless. i apply it with my clean fingers but i'm still gonna try it with a buffing brush. i love it. once i ran out of it ...i'm gonna try the estee lauder double wear foundation the one that comes in glass bottle. anyways my shade is Medium/Deep in this one. this foundation won't set in ur fine lines or anything of that sort. i sometimes use it as a concealer also under my eyes and this doesn't set in my fine lines. it an amazing product. person who has lots scarring or redness i would really suggest this foundation for you!
AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!

xoxo
brinda :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation BY FAR!!!... yes it is quite thick and creamy, so you have to blend well, but i have used this for over 6 years, nothing compares, for hiding lines,small marks, eyebags,everything it literally covers a multitude of sins !... also a tube of it goes such a long way, as you only need a tiny bit. I always wear origins brighter by nature powder over the top which gives the most flawless finish ever... and I've tried MANY products, nothing compares. The pale ivory is the shade i use, and its not TOO pale, though its the lightest colour, as i find a lot of foundations make me look washed out... this never does. I should imagine younger flawless skins would not need this... but at 42, i do!.... full marks from me... i always worry they will discontinue it.. then what would i do!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sstockno

Not Just a Foundation!
I have broken cappilaries (sp) on my cheeks. I have always used liquid foundations and never found one that would cover my cheek marks.
When the BB & CC creams came out I tried them as I am in my sixties and really did want a softer look. I tried several CC creams but had the same problem.
Well I went to the Estee Lauder counter and tried their new BB cream it worked really well but still couldn't get coverage on my cheeks. The SA suggested I use the double wear camouflage under the CC cream. Let it dry and then apply the CC cream. It worked! I can now use my other CC creams that I previously purchased because this camouflage makeup covers everything. I even tried it on the varicose veins on my legs and it's a perfect match.
I use the color taupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Shaz18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Skin type and texture- I have oily skin with a few dry areas around my nose.I have active and inactive acne and have large pores around the cheek area and extremely bad panda eyes!

This foundation simply doesn't work for oily skin with enlarged pores which I sadly have.The foundation applies nice and evenly and covers most of my acne scars and blemishes and gives a flawless finish.Almost doll-like.After three hours of wear,it began to slide off and transfers very easily and the colour began to oxidise and turn orange.I am sad that they have discontinued the lighter shades as even Creamy Vanilla is still too dark for my skin tone.If they did lighter shades then this could make a big difference.

My friends use this foundation and they have combination skin with less visible pores and this foundation really works for them and gives them a flawless face!

I think the normal Double Wear does the job for me and considering I have deep acne scars,this foundation does wonders! It covers my pores,scars,blemishes and makes my face look like a little porcelain doll :) I use CN2 ECRU which is just a little warmer than my skin tone but makes me look more healthier.
I truly believe that the normal Double Wear foundation is just as good and if not better than the Double Wear Maximum Coverage.(This is someone who has a face full of scars and blemishes)

Overall-A fantastic foundation for people with normal/combination skin with acne and scars but not suitable for people with oily skin and enlarged pores.

Might re-purchase once they bring out a lighter shade :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sezens

My acne is not necessarily 'bad' and I have no scarring, but boy is it insanely persistent. It just refuses to clear up, breakout after breakout. So, naturally, it has been through a lot over the years with almost every acne treatment you can think of, including Accutane (which cleared me up and gave me perfect skin....for a while....which is now just normal skin...but nothing like before). Probably as a result of the hell my skin has gone through, it's also pretty sensitive. So, of course it's been a mission to find a foundation that doesn't escalate every problem my skin has. I have spent thousands on foundations, from way high end to drug store, most of which were not right for me. I also have both the normal and maximum cover Double Wear and so far have not noticed any related breakouts (unlike the Diorskin, which broke me out the same day). Because it's such a maximum coverage, it takes a bit if practice to apply this foundation without looking cakey, but once you get the hang of it, it really does do all that it promises :) I don't need the maximum coverage but I use it as I haven't yet found a better colour match in the normal Double Wear range (I use the 03 Creamy Vanilla in the maximum coverage and it's my exact colour). I don't use a powder with this foundation as it honestly just doesn't need one and I don't find myself looking greasy or "un-set". I'm still on my first bottle (lasts ages!) but I think I would definitely buy this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by theragdolly

This stuff is AMAZING. It doesn't have to be cakey, trust me. You need the tiniest amount for a full face, and you will look flawless. I apply a small dot (smaller than a pea) to the back of my hand and use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply it, starting on my cheeks and just buffing out across my face. It gives the most incredible finish to your face. I can't comment on its coverage for acne scarring etc as I don't have any - my skin is actually quite good, but I still have red bits that I like to cover, and I love the look of a flawless face. I wear creamy Vanilla, the palest shade, and I'd compare it to an NC25. The tube is hygienic and easy to carry, and it lasts all day long - I'll apply at 6am and it's still looking fresh when I take it off at 9pm. Literally can't say a bad word about this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Konkwilay

I love this product... I don't understand why some people doesn't like and keep complain everything .. Maximum coverage will be alittle bit cakey. If u want natural look, why u choose maximum coverage foundation ..this foundation is for the people who want to cover acne scars ..I hv lots of scars and acne on my face. I tried every high end foundation before but just medium coverage for me ..but this one is definitely full coverage and my face look like a doll.. I love this no matter it's look cakey or whatever..if Estée Lauder will stop this foundation , I planned to buy alots and save for my future makeup in my life .... I love this ...really does good job for acne scars....

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Just a background - I have acne and acne scars, oily skin, deep panda eyes, and large pores on my cheek and nose. Just for reference my nose starts to shine after 3 hours with MUFE HD + setting powder.

This foundation really does what it claims to do. Just after putting on a thin layer, the coverage is really maximum. For those of you who doesn't have bad acne and panda eyes like me, you don't even need a concealer.

Coverage: Although it is said to be a medium coverage, I find it more towards full coverage. It really covers EVERYTHING. I accidentally rubbed some near my eyebrows and I was so afraid that it would disappear!

Application: I read reviews that it dries quickly hence making it hard to blend. The above statement is totally untrue for me. It's rather liquid in texture and allow me to do my whole face properly before drying up.

I used my fingers to pat the foundation in because that's what the SA recommended. She also did mention that due to the creamy texture of this foundation, using a brush might result in a streaky finish if not blended well.

Shade: I got to try it out at the counter first, and the SA managed to do a perfect match for me, so no complains about that. I don't really recall, but I think I'm using the shade "light". The colour is not too orangey or yellowish, and the colour is also neutral enough to allow me to use it with concealers of other brands.

Finish: Upon application, the finish is slightly dewy, not matte. This also tells me that I can safely use this foundation for my undereye. However, I did notice that this foundation is not suitable for people with larger pores, as this foundation simply sits on pores and enhances them. I correct this by applying a little of my MUFE full cover concealer on top of it.

As I have oily skin, I set with with MUFE super matte loose powder.

HOWEVER, the
Lasting power: Transfer-MAX. At mid-day (approx 5 hours later) I realise my whole face has patches. And I realised that it has transferred everywhere - literally. As I have really oily nose, my whole nose and the sides looked like there was no foundation on, while the rest of my face looked thick with foundation. The contrast was so stark that I used my fingers to pat some oil onto the patchy areas to blend them in. I looked horrible. When I went back to my desk, I immediately started to use tissue to pat my entire face, and there was no end to the transfer. Eventually, I just used the tissue to smudge all the makeup left on my face, which was still a lot. It did help in blurring out the patches.

A pity that this foundation transfers. If not, I would have given it 5 stars. I then decided that this was still a good foundation, simply not for oily skin with enlarged pores. I would have purchased the full size if it didn't transfer. I will try it out again on another day when I only need foundation for 3-4 hours and update my review if there are different findings. Will not repurchase.

Who should try this foundation:
- normal to dry skinned people
- people with no enlarged pores
- those looking for medium-full coverage.
- acne skinned (this covers both active and inactive acne VERY WELL!)