Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 6/3/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Using this everywhere - face hands & hair.

I've been using 2 drops on the ends of my hair after washing it (after I rub my palms together with the oil) and let my long, dry ,colored/highlighted hair air dry.

I then use another 1-2 drops after my hair dries, on the ends again, then flat-iron my hair.

My hair has never looked better - even my Stylist said to me at my last visit "whatever you are doing/using, keep it up - your hair has never felt this good!!"

on 6/3/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Versatile product, for a decent amount of money. I use it to remove my eye make-up right now, but am open to trying some of it's other uses for hair, and so forth.

I used to use it as a moisturizer but contrary to what everyone seems to believe - it CAN break you out, and it DID break me out, so be careful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review pertaining to 100% Organic Jojoba Oil - no brand in particular.

This oil is very versatile. I use it for my skin, hair, to remove stubborn makeup and so forth.

--SKIN: It is not heavy, does not break me out and provides much needed moisture.

--HAIR: I have lion king hair. My hair is long, wavy/curly and can get a bit frizzy. I apply jojoba oil to my damp hair - on the scalp, ends, and basically all over. This oil definitely reduces my frizzyness and allows for my curls to form beautifully.

*Tip for my curly haired gals: after you apply jojoba oil to your damp hair, rest your head on any cloth-like surface or better yet, go to sleep after. (I usually wash my hair at night) After 30 mins or once you wake up in the morning, your hair will be bouncy, curly and definitely NOT frizzy. Girls always ask how I manage to keep my curls in tact. Well, there you go. If you let your hair air dry alone, gravity weighs your hair down since it's damp, thus not allowing your curls to form the way they should.

*Tip for my foundation lovers: apply a drop of jojoba oil onto med-full coverage foundations prior to applying. It completely removes that "caked-up" makeup look and provides for a natural, flawless finish. It also allows for my makeup to better adhere to my skin and it lasts longer. I have very oily skin, so do not be afraid of adding oils to your beauty routine. Yes, I still get a bit shiny, but once I blot hello flawless!!! This oil is a must for anyone's beauty arsenal. It's so versatile and it's VERY inexpensive.

on 5/4/2015 3:12:00 PM

The most glorious of all natural oils. I was turned on to jojoba oil last summer after a friend recommended it as the product that does just about everything. I was skeptical-- Acne prone and defeated by the market of unsatisfying products that all promised the same thing. Jojoba oil is a little pricey, I paid $13.99 for a small bottle, but it's so worth it. Not only has the application of a few drops to my face helped to clear up my acne and even my skin tone, but this oil can also be used for everything. I use a drop or two, rubbed into my palms, to smooth fly aways after blow drying my hair. I've also used jojoba oil to get rid of stretch marks, soothe dry itchy skin and so much more.

on 4/9/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am a fifth of the way down on my bottle. Picked this up to help fill a price requirement while shopping online. I never imagined it would change my hair and skin so much. It has been my go to product. I use 2-4 drops on the ends of my hair when it seems dry. I've added 7-10 drops to my favorite shampoo. I have put drops on each of my fingertips and massaged into an angry red scalp after highlights that got way to close. It reduced the redness and itching and returned my scalp to normal. 1 or 2 drops added to my nightly moisturizer when my skin feels dry and itchy. Once it saved my face due to red cheeks that got a sort of chemical burn reaction from chemical sunscreen. Also very soothing after over exfoliation with AHAs. Bottom line this stuff is gold. The 4oz bottle of Organic Jojoba oil is a awesome. Its uses are endless. Make sure you get the 100% cold pressed no chemical processing or additives. So grateful for this stuff :+)

on 3/3/2015 10:02:00 PM

Have you ever looked at the ingredients in those eye makeup remover pads? Well I have, and was not impressed. I now use this product as an eye makeup remover and love it. It does leave a bit of an oily residue, but I have noticed an improvement in my eyelashes since using this product- longer, thicker and overall healthier. Highly recommend.

on 2/2/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. Alone, it's not enough of a moisturizer for my dry skin, but it's GREAT when added to my evening regimen. I also put some of this in a small container with a brush and use it as cuticle oil. It's perfect. It's good for sunburns, dry skin patches, under eye area and lips. Save yourself some money--mix a tiny drop with some sugar and make your own lip scrub. Or your own body scrub, like I do. It's a little expensive for that, but if you don't mind the cost of the oil, it's WAY cheaper than buying all those things separately.

on 1/29/2015 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

To start with, here's my night time skincare routine:

1) Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser + jojoba oil (night)
2) Vitamin C Serum
3) Prescription Acne Medication
4) Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream + jojoba oil (night)

INTRODUCTION:

I have combination skin, mostly oily but I do get dry, flaky skin around the corners of my mouth and my chin area. I heard how using oils on your face will help regulate your pore's oil reduction so I decided to give it a go.

I selected jojoba oil because of its amazing moisturizing power and how its structure closely resembles the natural sebum already produced by our skin. Reading this, I was sure my skin would react well and allow the jojoba oil to penetrate easily into my skin.

APPLICATION:

I use jojoba oil only during my nighttime skincare routine while cleansing and moisturizing. I use one full pump of my Cetaphil cleanser and apply 3-4 drops of jojoba oil. I rub it into my fingers, causing the cleanser to foam, and massage my face. I will say adding the jojoba oil definitely expedites the makeup removal process.

After cleansing, I apply my serum and acne medication. Moving onto my Cetaphil moisturizer, I rub it between my fingers to break down the cream and then apply 2-3 drops of jojoba oil. Mixing the two moisturizers between my fingers, I then apply moisturizer as I normally would.

RESULTS:

I've been using this for a little over a month now and I am completely convinced of its skincare benefits. The dry patches around my mouth are reduced greatly and I feel my skin is a lot less oily (although, that might be due to my new Hourglass Immaculate foundation).

In addition to resolving the dryness in my combination skin, people have commented on how glowing and healthy my skin is. This past month, my skin has been recovering from a bad acne breakout and the jojoba oil has definitely calmed and treated my skin. My skin has not been this clear in a long time!

Furthermore, I have always suffered from clogged pores around my nose. After a month of applying jojoba oil to my face, my pores are less clogged and, consequently, the pore size appears minimized.

CONCLUSION:

I definitely love 100% jojoba oil and it is a permanent addition to my nighttime skincare routine. It moisturizes excellently without me waking up as a greasy mess in the morning. It does not break me out or clog my pores; in fact, it actually helps improve my acne and assist in cleaner, minimized pores.

on 1/13/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Use: Cleanser (with micro cloth), moisturizer, primer (mineral makeup). (Amazing as all!)
Time Used: For about 4 months.
My Skin: Pale, sensitive, very dry, adult acne, uneven & dull, spider veins.
Amount: 1 drop on face as moisturizer, 3-4 drops on face as cleanser.
Opinion: Amazing!

My skin is so glowing, soft, and clear. For the first time in 30 years I can wake up and not feel like I need foundation. I use this as an oil cleanser and it cleared up my acne when nothing would. I use a micro cloth to buff this off and it makes a huge difference as well. I use it under mineral makeup as primer and it works fantastic while moisturizing! (I wouldn't suggest to use with commercial foundation as the oil breaks it up; thus how it can be used as a cleanser).I also put on a light layer at night underneath my lotion. I have dry skin and it corrected this but I hear if you have oily skin it will also balance you out as Jojoba is a balancer. You do have to use it for a few weeks before the balance occurs.

AMOUNT MATTERS! You shouldn't need to use a ton of this. That will make you greasy. I use about a drop to a drop & 1/2 on my entire face for moisture/primer. Plus this will make the product last a really long time. If you want to use it on the body try mixing your favorite lotion, a little oil, and a little water (for mixing) in a mist/spray bottle. This will give you a lot of the benefits without using a ton. As a cleanser I use about 3-4 drops if I'm wearing heavy foundation to breakup the foundation. If I'm not wearing a ton of foundation I use maybe 2 drops at most. Make sure to wipe your face after rinsing! Oil is water resistant. I use a micro cloth. You can apply a little more fresh oil as moisturizer after cleaning.

Other oils: Coconut oil is thick and while it works at first, can cause cyst acne after a month or so. I tried Argan oil and found it did nothing for me but some swear by it. If jojoba doesn't work for you, try it. Argan oil does feel very light weight when used as a primer. It is also a dry oil so no greasy feeling and is also superior in hair because it doesn't make it look oily. I still prefer jojoba for skin because I'm so dry.

I will note that everyone is different. Just because an oil works amazing for 90% of the population doesn't mean it won't cause you woes. Try oils till you find one that works but one of them should! Highly recommend the oil life! :)

on 1/11/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It's a decent product that is versatile but it's not the best for any use. I find coconut oil better for hair and body, argan oil a better facial moisturiser and mineral oil based blends work best with my skin for cleansing. I do use it as a carrier oil and sometimes cleanse with it unmixed however it doesn't rise off easily (although it is easier than some). I travel with the small sized bottle as it's convenient and being an all rounder, saves me from carrying lots of different bottles. I've heard of many people having great results using jojoba oil as a cleanser and moisturiser but for me it's just OK. Functional but not wowing.

Popular Moisturizers