September 19, 2014 | 1603 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

First of all, the colors are not super pigmented (hence the bad reviews) but they do blend nicely and work well for the younger age range. I got the color blonde for my 12 year old daughter and told her how to apply it and how to prime her eyes before applying the shadow. I'm giving this a good review because this is blendable and perfect for a light wash of color all over the lid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

save your money and buy wet n wild-it`s better quality than EA!
If you want to splurge, go to MAC, it puts EA to shame. since elizabeth arden is the only high end brand readily available where I live I`ve tried it many times...and am hugely disapointed. The eyeshadows are poorly pigmented, don`t blend nicely, and aren`t nice colors...They are also very shimmery and did not work for my older firends or me...Honestly the only person I could see using this makeup is a 12 year old...its sheer and the colors are crappy, she may as well use a generic kit!

The packaging is OK but not very strudy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was gifted the EA Christmas special set which included a pallette of 10 eyeshadows. The colours look nice in the pallette but the colour pay-off is terrible! The eyeshadows have hardly any pigmentation, colours hardly show up even if I use a primer / base and have no lasting power either. And I specially bpought EA's eyeshadow brush to apply these. There's no way I would buy EA eyeshadows.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

My love for Arden must stop at their skin care and parfume. Because these eyeshadows are simply not the best. I have tried so many eyeshadow high and low and the Arden eyeshadow palette are one of the worst. They're not the finest powder. They don't have the smoothest application. They have one of the worst pigmentation. I'm not sure how nice the colors are because it's hard for them to show up. I thought abut scrapping them out and use them like loose powder shadow to pile on my lids, but then why bother when there're so many better shadow out there and in my drawer. I love a few Arden skin care products but that's where I should draw the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by kimberleylyra

I have a eyeshadow duo and they're both gorgeous colours but I wish I could say the same about the pigmentation. It's not great colour pay off, you have to use alot to get the right pay off on your lid. The eyeshadow is buildable so you can have a softer colour look instead of intense colour. These eyeshadows are perfect for everyday wear and something I would actually expect from the drugstore.

I gave these eyeshadows a 3 because I really love the packaging of my shadows. It has a mirror and it's very sheek. Perfect for grabbing when in a rush. Also I love the colours. Perfect for everyone. And lastly I personally like how they're buildable. As a high school student at an anti-make up school, I can build how intense I want my crease colour to be. More noticeable, subtle, intense (but I'd have to use alot).. it's great. I took off two because it's hard to build up to a more intense colour and it blends a little too easily at times.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this eye shadow --- in a coffee brown --- for a couple of years now. It's velvety and smooth, and I like that it doesn't have glittery bits like many eyeshadows seem to have these days. I also like that I don't have to buy a "set" of several colours to get the one I want. It doesn't flake and it stays on all day, despite my oily skin. The only thing I don't like is the applicator, but I use a small brush, so that's okay. This is my favourite eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the EA eyeshadows. I only have a few though. The one I love the most is Mingle, a light fawn/taupe colour that looks like nothing special in the pan but looks great on the lid with blue or green eyes. Good pigmentation and lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My mother gave me this elizabeth arden, colors to go eyeshadow pallet. 8 colors in total. It was part of her collection but since she wasnt using it kindly gave it to me. It must be a discontinued line as I could not find another review on it, but let me tell you how great these are, there is a variety of colors ranging from bright colours to pastel colors they have a velvet satin finish and are so pigmented I do not need to use a eyeshadow base. They are easily blendable, with no fallout and the texture seems to be a smooth velvet, not chalky like some eyeshadows and you need only a light hand. I do not know why I havent heard of these eyeshadows before now. They seem to get a negative review either they have changed there formula or people are not using the correct eyeshadow brush. do not recommend using applicator.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sparky17

Why? Why? Why do I have to grind the applicator against the shadow and then grind the color into my skin to get it to appear. And for a product bearing the Elizabeth Arden name no less.

FAIL.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the shade Silver Smokeóa very pretty grayish, lavender color. The texture is velvety smooth. Some people may find this color a little too sheer, but I prefer the subtle look. This shade brings out my blue eyes very nicely. The packaging is a little bulky and (being more of a drugstore makeup buyer) I think this is insanely expensive. Nonetheless, I keep rebuying. Itís worth the money.