July 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those who suffer from foundation disappearing or turning into an oil slick in heat and humidity, this foundation is a godsend. Yes, it smells of chemicals and it's not for those with dry skin. And there's a low SPF so you'll need this in your primer or powder. But if you have combination or oily skin, maybe some spots or pigmentation you need help in covering and prefer or don't mind a matte finish, this is what you need in your life. The effect is natural and coverage is medium to full. But you have to work fast to blend it in and it's definitely best applied with a brush. I use Golden Beige on my NC25-35 skin (varying according to season). Though technically this shade suits me perfectly when I'm NC25-30, most of the year I use Laura Geller Balance n' Brighten powder with SPF 15 over it in Fair but in summer I use B&B in Medium without SPF and the overall colour is perfect. I have other foundations I love for different reasons but for hot, sticky days or tropical moments(!), this ones is the best. And it doesn't break out my somewhat sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by TyshaO87

This is my HG foundation absolutely love it! Since Estee Lauder double wear changed its formula and became useless I called upon this..I used to use it back when I was 15 or 16yo when I suffered from acne and frankly forgot about it until I saw it mentioned in a post. The color match is amazing for me...I'm a Sand Beige and have never found a foundation that matches my colour perfectly until this! it covers so well and evens out my complexion and best of all LASTS and stays matte all day!!! Please Revlon..don't change a thing like so many brands do. Why fix what's not broken! It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have a pump..only means you can use every last drop! so glad I rediscovered this amazing product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

This is a dupe of the mac studio fix fluid and I suppose it's okay for its price if your buying higher end foundations all the time (e.g Mac, NARS and Bobbi brown). The good thing is you can get it to match your skin type and it matches most peoples skin tones perfectly. It's best to apply with your fingers rather than with a brush. The only bad things about it is the fact it doesn't have a pump and you have to constantly tap it on your hand to get it out..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by kira1999

This is my favourite foundation, even over the many ones from sephora and mac that I've tried. It stays matte all day and lasts about 10 hours on my oily skin. I didn't rate it a 5 because I would like it to have a pump, and also it's pricey for a drugstore foundation (I payed $20 Canadian) It's very easy to apply, not too thick, it didn't oxidize on me and looks natural. Coverage is medium but is buildable to full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Staceyleigh

After hearing a lot of positive things and YouTube videos I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it's not for me. The foundation is thick and goes on quite nice with med/full coverage. I've used a damp sponge, flat foundation brush, fingers and 2 of the real technique brushes to apply but no matter what method I use I can't make the foundation last, after 2 hours I needed to blot and by 5 hours it had completely melted off my face leaving it looking an oily mess. Even though it's for combo/oily skin types id say it would be best on normal / not too dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

it hasn't broke me out and i don't have to blot my oily skin every 2 hours. isn't cakey. but its really hard to get the thick liquid from the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by epace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makeup is pretty dang awesome for only being $10! I purchased it at Target here in CA for $8.99 (it was on sale) it is the newer 24-hour wear one. Pros: Long Lasting, doesn't get Dewey, stays matte all day, full coverage Cons: No pump, hard to apply without a sponge I overall love this foundation! I have very oily and acne prone skin and this foundation covers it all without breaking me out! I definitely recommend it to anyone!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tillybeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I first bought this foundation long before I read the reviews on MUA and after reading them, thought I would try and give it another go. But alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I suffer from incredibly dry skin due to mild ichthyosis and have done for as long as I can remember. The ichthyosis only really affects my torso, however my face is also left so, so dry. I have yet to find someone who has to moisturize and exfoliate as much as I do! Years of different chemicals (including steroid creams - eek!) have left me finally able to get away with only applying E45 a few times a day and exfoliating every other. So finally, I have 'typically' dry skin.

Lots of foundations look horrid on my skin - quite obviously, mattified ones (let's just not ever return to the days of Maybelline Matte Mousse...)! I struggle to find less expensive foundations that don't cling to dry patches, or worse, create them. I've experimented with most d/s brands, but have found that only more pricey foundations, such as Nars, seem to work. This sitch is not good for a poor student!

When I saw the Revlon Colorstay in 'normal/dry' skin, I was really excited as there are few d/s brands that make foundation for drier skin. I also love Revlon's other products so I was hoping their foundation would be as fab.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, I found that this foundation just didn't agree with me at all! First off, it's difficult to apply. A lot of other users have said this, which I definitely took into consideration when I applied it just now after reading some reviews (I hadn't touch it for a few weeks). I applied a small amount, literally no bigger than a 5p coin size, and quickly buffed it in. I use a decent foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) and it still wouldn't blend in. It sat on the top of my skin, streaky and just generally ick. Then, to make matters worse, on closer inspection it had actually created dry patches on my freshly exfoliated-moisturised-primed skin! And it was under my eyes which is never a dry patch for me. It looked okay from about 3 feet away, but any closer and I looked awful.

I'm really upset because I so wanted to love this foundation - the reviews for the oily/combination foundation are great so Revlon are obviously doing something right. I just think that they've made a mattifying foundation for dry skin which is never a good idea. The colour was great too (I chose the lightest, Ivory, as my skin is ghostly in the winter). It definitely won't put me off buying other Revlon products, but I wish they'd improve this foundation to match the standards of the oily/combination one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by arielise24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin. Using this product alone is not enough for oil control but with primer and setting powder it is fantastic. The foundation lasts about 8 hours and I usually touch it up with either Revlon Colorstay powder or Neutrogena Translucent oil control powder. I LOVE this product. Anyone with oily skin needs to try this. I use 310 Warm Golden. The only reason why I give this a four is because the container is a bit of a pain. If it had a pump it would be perfect! Currently this is my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

I use this almost everyday(i mix with moisturizer to make the coverage lighter) and its great! no problems, but it's not my favorite foundation ever. stays on long too! will repurchase .