Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 5/4/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This comes in a small toner bottle. I didn't get much for my money. Tried it last night for the first time. I applied it after cleansing and I woke up this morning with bright glowing skin. I'm 58 and I don't get results like that much anymore so you could have blown me over with a feather! I will certainly keep up with this product. I do wish you would get more in the bottle but I had no irritation and I have seriously sensitive rosacea skin. I have tried all of her BHAs and old AHA products but this blows all of those away!

on 4/27/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. This exfoliates my skin effectively, removing all the flaking and dullness without any irritation. I use this once a week in combination with the Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. My skin has taken on a glow since I started using this. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

on 4/2/2015 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for a couple of months and I am very happy with its performance. I use it twice a week at night under a serum and a moisturiser (I apply it with my fingers, because I don't like wasting product). It does make a difference to the appearance of my skin. I've noticed that my skin is clearer and more even and my pores are smaller than they usually are. I am probably not supposed to, but I also use it to make zits smaller. I put some of this product on them and they shrink overnight. It works brilliantly.

My skin is sometimes sensitive to products, but not to this one. That said, my skin sometimes itch a little an hour or so after application, but doesn't seem to irritate my skin in any other way.

on 2/13/2015 5:46:00 PM

I have been using this weekly treatment (several times a week) for over a year now and I love it. I have mature skin with sun damage, but it is not sensitive and never reacts to glycolics or retinols so I can't comment on how sensitive skin may react to it.

The product is extremely easy to use. I don't apply it with my fingertips as I find it just too difficult as it is watery so I pop a bit onto a cotton pad and wipe it over my skin just like a toner. I don't moisturise afterwards as I find it is more effective for me if I don't.

My skin always feels and looks lovely in the morning after allowing this treatment to work its magic overnight. It is very similar to Alpha-H's Liquid Gold (also an amazing product) - but it is a lot cheaper. PC products aren't quite as cheap here in Australia as in the US, but they do compare favourably price-wise with anything on the market of such high quality. I find PC products generally to be state of the art at a great price point.

I've been using it once a week for the past 6 or 7 months and people have told me my skin looks better. I also like how smooth it makes me skin feel so I'm very pleased with this product. I was worried it would cause breakouts or irritation but my skin likes it! But be careful to not put too much on your face because it will make your skin peel a lot. I use it in the evening and leave it on overnight.

on 10/16/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this to speed up fading of hyperpigmentation from adult acne. I think it would take 2 full bottles of this and many many applications to equal the results I saw with professional peels. But, for minor uneven areas, this is helpful.

Once a week, I leave this on overnight. Once applied, my face feels tacky, but since I'm sleeping - who cares. Initially there was a moderate sting, but after months of use my tolerance has increased.

That being said, there are a lot of 10% glycolic treatments. I settled on this one because of the effective pH and price. Paula's Choice runs coupons often, so I wouldn't buy anything from the site at full price.

on 10/10/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After struggling with the 8% AHA gel, I switched to a combination of the RESIST Daily 5% AHA with this and I am MUCH happier! I'm really happy with my skin texture since I switched to Paula's Choice products. I used to have to wear full coverage foundation for my hyper pigmentation but now I can wear tinted moisturizer!

on 9/17/2014 2:14:00 AM

This is probably the best AHA product I have used so far, and that's due to the formula. It's like water, which I like (the fewer pore-clogging thickeners, the better). I shake out a few drops onto my fingers and apply that way, with very little wasted product.

I use this whenever my skin feels rough -- 2-5x a month. Any more than that and my skin gets too flakey.

on 8/22/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The upside : I bought 2 samples of this and will be buying the full size. This is a very good exfoliating treatment. How good? I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror after 2 uses and did a double take. Was that really my skin? Why yes! Yes it was! I looked...younger and could not quite put my finger on why. My skin just seemed a bit clearer, glowy, plumper.

This product did not sting which pleased and surprised me because I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I left it on 10 minutes since the directions are 10 min to overnight. I usually do the least amount of time because I tend to get irritated easily.

The downside: This is a liquid in a bottle. My sample was in a packet, but the full size is in a bottle. I would love it if this was on pads the way PTR and Bliss package their similiar products. I always tend to waste product I have to squeeze out.

Comparison: 2 similiar products I have tried are the above mentioned pads from Bliss and PTR. The Bliss pads irritated my skin a bit but worked well. The PTR does not give me the immediate results PC does, but I will continue to use it since it has some additional ingredients in it that I think may help long term. I feel no one ingredient is the anti- aging solution and am throwing a bunch of things at my issues.

Tip- use this product on the backs of your hands and you will be very happy with what you see if you have aging hands like me.

on 5/15/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wish I could give this a 3 1/2 star rating - it isn't quite good enough to hit the 4 star mark yet it deserves a better mark than how we usually rate 3 star "its ok, a little above average" type products.

This is one of the top products in Paula's collection and I really do find it to be an above average treatment. It definitely removes dead skin through some pretty hardcore exfoliation. That said, this product is NOT for sensitive skin types. My face has gotten used to some pretty heavy duty professional peels over the years so I was really surprised by the amount of irritation I got using this overnight, and the amount of redness (almost like a mild sunburn) which followed/lasted a day or two. even so I like how smooth and exfoliated my skin is post treatment. Its affordable considering it is only used 1-2 times a wk so your money does go a long way.

Even though I am a liked this product, I wouldn't consider it the greatest thing out there.
Considering all of the great 1-2X's per wk peels and masks available that do the same if not more for the skin, I find this to be over-rated. I have seen this touted as a miracle worker by nearly every guru and online blogger I watch/run across which makes me roll my eyes. I haven't noticed any changes in my uneven skintone or to any scars or rough patches at all so its not penetrating as deeply as it claims. But it did help with flaking although I think its kind of on a more temporary level. I am not seeing any miracles here but I definitely got an impressive exfoliation without having to scrub or risk damaged skin. Again though, those results seem very temporary and I much prefer a daily treatment (and she does have better daily use products, as do other co's).

If you aren't a sensitive skin type, have dry skin, and want to do some light range superficial slothing I do recommend this product. But I suggest trying a sample first for a buck from her website to see if its for you. If you have problem areas that you want to fix or improve, such as acne scaring and hyper-pigmentation, you won't be too impressed with this stuff. Resist weekly treatment seems to me to be one of those products which helps to improve skin which is already really good, not so much for those of us with skin complaints. IMO its not a bad product but its not a great one either; it works better than what is available at the drugstore but not as well as high end products or other products at the same price. Its kind of in the middle and gave me no cause for celebration and I wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind re recommending to others. Me personally, I won't re-purchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)