November 27, 2014 | 1589 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jamie2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a guy that wear sandals all year round and have been getting professional pedicures and wearing nail polish on my toes for the past several years. I had started out wearing blue or silver polish on my toes and I always wear open toe sandals. The women that I work with told me that since I have a light skin color, the best color for my toenails is red and that I should try wearing red toenail polish. My nail tech suggested that I try "I'm not Really a Waitress" and I could not believe how pretty the color looks on my toes. It is an irridescent candy-apple red. I wore open toe sandals to work after the pedicure and all of the women complimented me on the color. It is fun to tell them the name of the color. The women at work were right and I really believe that red is the best color for toenails. My other favorite color is OPI Mat-Adore Red. It is a true red that is more on the blue rather than orange side. Im really in a color rut with these two colors. My toes are always either Mat-Adore Red or Waitress.

Jamie :-)Fashion Freedom for Men!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by TheGlamazon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This nailpolish is not only my staple but i find it's often the only color i seem to wear, when i even attempt to try others i just end up taking it off and putting on my "im not really a waitress"! This is hands down my favorite shade out there!

Also for all of the reviewers stating it doesn't work for yellow undertones, let me just say that those statements arent at all true! I am asian and have quite a lot of yellow undertones in my skin and this color looks fantastic on me, i get compliments all the time on my nails. Maybe it just wasn't the other reviewers style, but it's a must try color in my opinion. It's not a subtle color, but it's super sexy and stunning- why would you want subtle when you could have this?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I work in a salon, so I get to test out a lot of the OPI nail polishes. I didn't think I'd like this one just from looking at it in the bottle. But, once I put this on...I was amazed. This isn't your typical glossy red, this is more of a shimmery/metallicy nice bright red. It definitely reminds me of Christmas/Holidays. I love it. This color is different, but in a good way. I would've never honestly thought of buying this on my own, but it was better than I expected. I will admit, I usually am not a fan of OPI nail polishes. This formula was different. The brush was precise, & the polish itself glided on so smoothly without any streaks. It's extremely hard to mess up application with this nail polish. Even a 5 year old painting their nails with this would have a hard time messing up. You literally could get away with only applying one coat of this, but I do two coats usually. The color is very true to the bottle, actually I think the color may be even better once it's on. Like all the other OPI polishes, I love the name of this one. Very cute & catchy. Sometimes I just pick the bottles up just to read the names. This is a very nice color, I think it would be more for the winter/fall though. I would highly reccommend for people who want something different, or a different type of red. This one's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the most gorgeous, sexy red polish out there....and there's a reason it's the best seller, Allure mag winner year after year, etc. It's just perfect, that's why! Nay-sayers? Hmmmmm, I just don't believe ya! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mtack

I am sorry to say this is not a red for light olive skin. This color turned magenta on me, ug! Looked very cheap on, not sophisticated at all. However, I saw this color on a co-worker that has pink undertones and it looked a true red on her. Do not recommend this color to anyone with olive skin. Do have to say, it lasted 4 weeks on my toes without any chips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress is such a gorgeous, pretty shade of red with the perfect amount of shimmer. This is definitely a staple shade in my collection. Typical OPI quality; no streaks, no bubbles, just smooths onto the nail like silk with rich, creamy colour. I love how this has just the right amount of shimmer without being loud. This colour works very well on my tanned hands; golden yellow undertones, and my hands are darker than my face. But I'll bet this will look stunning on pale/fair skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Ellie424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This polish lives up to its reputation. I think it's a great option for people who prefer cool toned red. It has a pretty shimmer. It has the quality and longevity I expect from OPI. My bottle was a little thick when I received it, but that is probably because I bought it online and the color has been around for so long. Nothing that thinner couldn't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm Not Really a Waitress is THE PERFECT RED -- period. I am very fair and was leery of red polish, figuring it would be too loud, or orange-y, or what-not. But this is a perfect, mid-tone, neutral red with a hint of shimmer. I've been using it for years. Please OPI, don't ever stop making this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SEHavens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shade of red. The name is great, and wears well. Two coats works for me. I get compliments on this as well. I get mine at cosmo prof. so, it's only $4 ...so that's where the 2 comes in on price. I would pay the avg. $8 for OPI though. Love this brand. 4 for pkg. I like Nicole's bottle better (easier holding) I always have a bottle of this in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Every girls needs a deep glossy red in their nail polish collection - and this is the one for me!
Just 2 coats for the perfect colour!
I have read that this is the best selling OPI shade ever - and it has THE BEST name. Classic OPI!

Very Glam!