Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Best foundation ever! Light feel with great coverage. Very natural and also love the smell! Would repurchase over and over again...

on 5/16/2015 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Nice finish, neither too dewy nor too matte. Great foundation if you have naturally good skin but can look a bit oily in t-zone or cling to dry patches a little. A bit disappointed with the packaging, the bottle is fairly basic and you can't see how much is left. Overall good value for money. I bought this last October and after daily use I've only just run out 6 months later. I only apply a small amount for light coverage, if you want something with full coverage this probably isn't the right foundation. Has a wide range of shades, I originally wanted the Vitalumiere but had to buy Vitalumiere Aqua after even the palest of Vitalumiere shades was too orangey for me (I'm very pale). The Vitalumiere Aqua in 10 Beige is a perfect match though. With a nice setting powder this foundation looks great!

on 5/15/2015 12:34:00 PM

I have been on the search for a foundation that has light coverage. I wanted to basically just even out my skin tone and I would just use concealer in areas that I need a little help. I had previously used EL Double Wear and loved it for a long time but it started to feel and look too heavy imo. I was smart in my search. I cruised MUA reviews, asked for dozens of samples and even bought a couple that didn't work out and I couldn't/didn't return. Then one day I came across a sample of Chanel VA in my magazine. It was even the perfect shade (30 Beige). I liked it but didn't run out and buy it. It's incredibly expensive and I was still stinging from the other two I had bought. Then I'm catching up on a couple of Pixiwoo's latest posts on You Tube and notice they have a video just on Chanel foundations. It was like a Chanel intervention. I went for it! What the heck, I deserve it. After all, I'm getting older and need all the help I can get. So, not only did I buy VA but I bought the loose powder also. The next morning (today...right now), my face is incredibly itchy and irritated. I would wash it off but I have a repair guy coming to the house and don't want to scare him off but this stuff is going back! As others mentioned, alcohol and parabens are a no-no on my sensitive, acne prone skin and this has both! It's such a shame, though. It really is a pretty foundation and color match (as I scratch my forehead...LITERALLY!)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Easily my favourite foundation! First of all, I have very pale skin but B10 blends in perfectly. I also struggled with many foundations because I simply couldn't get them to blend in but this is not the case with this one. This is the easiest foundation to use. You can apply with your fingers, a brush, Beauty Blender, it will look beautiful nonetheless. The coverage is light to medium but it will cover minor imperfections and I find it to be perfect for everyday. The finish is very natural, seamless on the skin and when set, it stays put all day. I always love the scent (though not everyone will) and the bottle is very travel-friendly.

on 4/30/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is probably my favourite every day foundation. The finish is not satin, matte or dewy; it really feels like second skin. It is also very light and feels very comfortable. There is no tacky feeling left on the skin and if you don't have oil problems you could easily forgo any powder. I still powder though because of my oily nose. I find that bar my oily nose, on my dry skin this doesn't highlight flakes you didn't even know you had and it doesn't make your face look dehydrated. It also lasts very well, even I'm the summer despite the lack of long wearing claims and while my nose gets crazy shiny, the makeup doesn't break up or melt away there.

Yes you need to shake the bottle to combine the pigment and water, but my fat upper arms need some work so I don't find it to be annoying. It is very liquidy but not super runny so it won't run down your face. It blends pretty well and I know people recommend fingers but I find that method never works well for me so I prefer using a brush. It is light coverage that you can build up to medium. As I think another reviewer noted, I'm worried about going through it quicker than normal because you do need to use more product. This will not provide a made up make up finish. I recommended this product to a friend and she hates it and she is someone who prefers a done up and flawless look. I think the name ultra light skin perfecting makeup is very appropriate. If you want something with flawless coverage look elsewhere.

The bottle is plastic unlike other Chanel foundations but I don't mind because I usually take this when travelling and I can rest knowing it won't break in my luggage. It is expensive (high end makeup people!) but it is cheaper than many of the other Chanel foundations. I was worried that the high alcohol content would be drying but thankfully it hasn't been so far. I initially thought this may not be suitable for winter and while it is still autumn here it is already windy and freezing and this still is not drying on my face. We'll see. If you have really really dry skin, like I used to then I wouldn't recommend this. If you do find this drying, I enjoy mixing this with the Chanel le blank base and it added some more luminosity in a non oily way and I also tried mixing it with mac strobe cream the other day as it was very very cold and it became more moisturising and applied smoother on the face. You don't need to do either of these by any means. Just observations and suggestions.

The smell seemed super strong when I first tried it and it kinda freaked me out but I don't even notice it anymore and thankfully, there has been no irritation on my skin. As for my shade, I think I am the second lightest shade at least here in Australia and it matches me pretty well but the undertones are pretty neutral rather than yellow, which is what I have. As usual there aren't too many shades for fair or dark people. I'm lucky I just fit in.

I really like it. Hope this helps

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I am head over heels in love with this base and it has quickly become a staple for my daily face. I originally tried this out in a sample and I was so impressed with the coverage and how it feels on my skin I went out to buy it immediately. My skin has been normal as of late and now that my skin is almost break out free I have been looking for something light to wear that feels and looks more natural. I have moderate box car scarring and moderate hyper-pigmentation ranging from red to purplish spots, so I need coverage but I don't want the mask look and feel of full foundation. I was wearing Lancome Teint Idol everyday which was starting to feel so heavy to apply everyday.

Let me start off by saying you need to shake this product a ton; when your done shaking, shake the container again for this to work right lol. When you don't shake enough the product comes out watery and the coverage lacks and applies streaky, I made this mistake and almost returned it. When you shake it long enough it comes out mousse like and smooth to apply. I usually use this with my TF Primed and Poreless under and I have awesome results. This applies smoothly and evenly with my fingers; easy to use and one less brush to wash! I use two light layers, I mix this with my GA Light Reflecting primer which gives me great even medium coverage with a beautiful healthy glow. I just need a little NARS RCC or GA High Precision Retouch for my darkest spots and my under eye.

Most importantly I love this because it doesn't sink into my scarring and exaggerate my textured skin at all, which most face products do. I am sold on this, the way this feels and looks on my skin really pushes this to the top of my foundation list. I use shade 30 Beige for reference. I paid $47 and I will continue to pay it as often as I need to without having to think twice. I do feel as though I will run though this faster then my usual face products because I need to build it up to medium but the results are well worth it. Overall a great daily foundation, I am totally impressed!

on 4/24/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have super oily skin and I resisted buying this for ages even though I've seen/heard so many good things about it. I was finally able to get a sample through an online order a while ago and gave it a try. The shade was too dark but I loved the formula so much that I wore it for two days anyway and ordered a full-sized bottle halfway through the first day wearing it.

The packaging is great because it's not huge and bulky like a lot of other foundations. It's a tiny lightweight plastic bottle, great for travel, with a lid that twists and clicks securely in place. The nozzle allows you to really get out exactly how much you need without issue, which is great with such an expensive product. I usually just squeeze it onto my fingers, dab it all over and use whatever brush I have handy to blend it in. I purchased the lightest shade, B10 and it matches my N15/20 skin perfectly. I still have to use a primer on my nose because everything separates there on me but the finish of this is unlike anything else I've worn. When I set it with my Tarte powder, it just looks like I have gorgeous, soft, flawless skin. This foundation wears fairly well my oily skin, the only real issue that I have is that it settles in around my nose a tiny bit and does fade somewhat through the day. I still have to blot, I will always have to blot no matter what so that's fine. It does have a soft fragrance, which doesn't bother me at all.

on 4/23/2015 12:43:00 AM

I bought this foundation a few years ago after seeing so many youtubers rave about it. I saved up and decided to buy it. It's so expensive but I guess that's what you have to expect with Chanel. But if you pay that much, surely you should get a foundation that looks amazing?
Anyways onto the foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I get oily on my T-zone in about four to five hours. The first time I tried this with my RT buffing brush and it was so hard to blend even with my daily skincare routine and primer. It took a while to blend, not good if you're in a rush. And when I did eventually get it to blend, it set so powdery? It also made my pores look huge (which they're not). Awful foundation. Sticking to my YSL Touché Eclat foundation

on 4/21/2015 3:38:00 PM

I read bought this foundation after watching multiple videos on YouTube about just how great this foundation is. I ordered this online, I have fair skin and I got a beige 20 which was a little too dark but I decided it would be okay. I first had to shake up the foundation really well, it's then very liquidy but won't run down your hand. It's hard to apply this foundation only because of you use a sponge it will soak up a lot of your foundation, but if you apply with a brush you have to watch out for streaks. I would say it gives a medium coverage but what bothers me about this foundation is it lasts no more than 4 hours without coming completely off my face. Despite setting this with a translucent powder, it doesn't feel dry until about an hour after I use this foundation. I have normal to dry skin but this foundation goes into all my creases and smile lines even before I can set it. I would not repurchase.

on 4/19/2015 11:14:00 AM

Hands down one of the best foundations I've ever used...although I hesitate to call it a foundation. I find myself reaching for this little bottle of magic whenever my skin is looking good (smooth, minimal acne, minor dark circles) and I only need a single thin layer. It evens out my complexion without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. It glows in the exact right places, covers just enough, and is extremely right. For me (normal, sometimes dry acne prone skin) this lasts all day from 8am to 11pm and doesn't break me out.
I think Chanel really knew what they were talking about when they named this foundation "Ultra light skin perfecting makeup" because that's exactly what it is.
If you are looking for a foundation with coverage this is not it, but if you have nice skin and want that no-makeup makeup look this is an absolute must-have. I will definitely repurchase again and again!!!