Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I am head over heels in love with this base and it has quickly become a staple for my daily face. I originally tried this out in a sample and I was so impressed with the coverage and how it feels on my skin I went out to buy it immediately. My skin has been normal as of late and now that my skin is almost break out free I have been looking for something light to wear that feels and looks more natural. I have moderate box car scarring and moderate hyper-pigmentation ranging from red to purplish spots, so I need coverage but I don't want the mask look and feel of full foundation. I was wearing Lancome Teint Idol everyday which was starting to feel so heavy to apply everyday.

Let me start off by saying you need to shake this product a ton; when your done shaking, shake the container again for this to work right lol. When you don't shake enough the product comes out watery and the coverage lacks and applies streaky, I made this mistake and almost returned it. When you shake it long enough it comes out mousse like and smooth to apply. I usually use this with my TF Primed and Poreless under and I have awesome results. This applies smoothly and evenly with my fingers; easy to use and one less brush to wash! I use two light layers, I mix this with my GA Light Reflecting primer which gives me great even medium coverage with a beautiful healthy glow. I just need a little NARS RCC or GA High Precision Retouch for my darkest spots and my under eye.

Most importantly I love this because it doesn't sink into my scarring and exaggerate my textured skin at all, which most face products do. I am sold on this, the way this feels and looks on my skin really pushes this to the top of my foundation list. I use shade 30 Beige for reference. I paid $47 and I will continue to pay it as often as I need to without having to think twice. I do feel as though I will run though this faster then my usual face products because I need to build it up to medium but the results are well worth it. Overall a great daily foundation, I am totally impressed!

on 4/24/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am OBSESSED with this foundation. I have super oily skin and I resisted buying this for ages even though I've seen/heard so many good things about it. I was finally able to get a sample through an online order a while ago and gave it a try. The shade was too dark but I loved the formula so much that I wore it for two days anyway and ordered a full-sized bottle halfway through the first day wearing it.

The packaging is great because it's not huge and bulky like a lot of other foundations. It's a tiny lightweight plastic bottle, great for travel, with a lid that twists and clicks securely in place. The nozzle allows you to really get out exactly how much you need without issue, which is great with such an expensive product. I usually just squeeze it onto my fingers, dab it all over and use whatever brush I have handy to blend it in. I purchased the lightest shade, B10 and it matches my N15/20 skin perfectly. I still have to use a primer on my nose because everything separates there on me but the finish of this is unlike anything else I've worn. When I set it with my Tarte powder, it just looks like I have gorgeous, soft, flawless skin. This foundation wears all day on my oily skin and the only issue that I have is that it settles in around my nose a tiny bit. I still have to blot, I will always have to blot no matter what, but it just stays put through everything! It does have a soft fragrance, which doesn't bother me at all.

I am seriously so in love with this stuff right now!

on 4/23/2015 12:43:00 AM

I bought this foundation a few years ago after seeing so many youtubers rave about it. I saved up and decided to buy it. It's so expensive but I guess that's what you have to expect with Chanel. But if you pay that much, surely you should get a foundation that looks amazing?
Anyways onto the foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I get oily on my T-zone in about four to five hours. The first time I tried this with my RT buffing brush and it was so hard to blend even with my daily skincare routine and primer. It took a while to blend, not good if you're in a rush. And when I did eventually get it to blend, it set so powdery? It also made my pores look huge (which they're not). Awful foundation. Sticking to my YSL Touché Eclat foundation

on 4/21/2015 3:38:00 PM

I read bought this foundation after watching multiple videos on YouTube about just how great this foundation is. I ordered this online, I have fair skin and I got a beige 20 which was a little too dark but I decided it would be okay. I first had to shake up the foundation really well, it's then very liquidy but won't run down your hand. It's hard to apply this foundation only because of you use a sponge it will soak up a lot of your foundation, but if you apply with a brush you have to watch out for streaks. I would say it gives a medium coverage but what bothers me about this foundation is it lasts no more than 4 hours without coming completely off my face. Despite setting this with a translucent powder, it doesn't feel dry until about an hour after I use this foundation. I have normal to dry skin but this foundation goes into all my creases and smile lines even before I can set it. I would not repurchase.

on 4/19/2015 11:14:00 AM

Hands down one of the best foundations I've ever used...although I hesitate to call it a foundation. I find myself reaching for this little bottle of magic whenever my skin is looking good (smooth, minimal acne, minor dark circles) and I only need a single thin layer. It evens out my complexion without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. It glows in the exact right places, covers just enough, and is extremely right. For me (normal, sometimes dry acne prone skin) this lasts all day from 8am to 11pm and doesn't break me out.
I think Chanel really knew what they were talking about when they named this foundation "Ultra light skin perfecting makeup" because that's exactly what it is.
If you are looking for a foundation with coverage this is not it, but if you have nice skin and want that no-makeup makeup look this is an absolute must-have. I will definitely repurchase again and again!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Try as I might not to, I love this foundation.

Originally, I had gone to a Chanel counter - BR12 was too dark and far too pink. Maybe they didn't have it in stock, but I finally bit the bullett and bought B10 (Beige 10) unswatched and CDG Duty Free. A real risk, but I'm glad I did.

Tone-wise, it has enough yellow in it for me, to counteract some surface redness, but VA is definitely not as overwhelmingly golden as I found Teint Innocence in the lightest shade to be. Coverage wise, it is buildable to medium coverage, but I do feel like you have to use more product than other similar foundations. I still will need concealer for any blemishes and undereyes, though. I like application best with fingers; I find it harder to control with a beautyblender, blending sponge from Quo, a Real Techniques buffing brush or Sephora 55. I also generally set this with my Bourjois Loose Powder or with the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre; both are equally effective and interchangeable for me. Wear time is average for me - 6 hours, maybe 7 max before it starts to break down.

I also have drier skin (normal to dry, quite sensitive) but find it doesn't dry me out further or cause any irritation. I don't really notice a fragrance either when applying or when actually wearing. I like this best over a no-frills moisturiser like Cetaphil, and a pore refiner on my nose; I find it blends better that way as opposed to using over a silicone-heavy primer. I will certainly repurchase once I finish my current bottle; though Bobbi Brown Skin still has my heart as HG status. Great foundation if you want something lightweight, with decent coverage and you're not used to the feeling of foundation or makeup.

on 4/18/2015 8:15:00 AM

I love and hate it at the same time!

Why?

Loved the texture, the smell, the shade, the light-weightes feeling and satin finish. feels like a second skin.

Hated: stickst to the dry areas, perfect only if you have perfect skin and want to even out your skin tone, really expensive, plastic bottle (not very fancy looking for the price), which you have to shake really well to combine the texture.

So - If you have a normal (not dry, not oily) skin this is a perfect match for you, literally perfect.

Since I have the pleasure to have such weird skin (dry in T zone, acne prone on my cheeks), this product was not meant to be for me.

Would love to love it :D but no I probably will not repurchase.

on 4/4/2015 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Lightweight, natural looking, medium coverage, dewy finish. Shade 10 beige is neutral light, not orange, nor pink. It's not spectacular at keeping oil at bay - 4 hours max. Maybe I wouldn't repurchase, but 10 beige is matching my skintone better than any other foundation so far, so I probably will. It's not great, it's not HG, but it's soild product.

on 3/25/2015 12:41:00 AM

I tried a sample of this and within a day my whole face broke out in a rash, which has never happened to me from make up before. Other than the rash, the coverage was a nice medium and gave a slightly dewey finish.

I didn't buy this foundation, but I got a sample and wore it for several days. It's an awesome light coverage foundation--it evens skin tone and makes my skin look luminous (without being glittery or sparkly at all). However, I ended up not buying it because it didn't do anything to minimize my pores.

I wish they had a wide range of colors--the lightest is I think a little too dark for me, and the darkest shades are barely dark at all.