Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have been wanting to get this for months and finally splurged, its a nice light coverage foundation that doesnt look too heavy. I wish it were a bit more yellow however, and it doesnt cover breakouts well so im taking a star off. It definitely looks good and natural, I will buy it again after my hormonal breakout subsides. :D

on 6/21/2015 9:53:00 AM

I really love this foundation. I was wary of trying it because a lot of people with oilier skin types have said it isn't great for them, but after trying a sample I purchased.

I find it applies light-medium coverage but is build-able. I makes the skin look lovely and have a nice sheen for the finish. It has a lovely texture, runny but not so funny that it leaves the back of your hand and a slight scent that I can't describe but it isn't unpleasant.

I apply to the skin in blotches and blend with a damp beauty blender. I do find that I need to powder a couple of times throughout the day but if I do this it lasts well and doesn't look cakey or slide off.

I used this almost every day for 2 months before it ran out. I have repurchased this since running out of my first bottle.

Definitely the worst foundation I have ever tried. It gave me acne cosmetica. If you have sensitive skin (not necessarily acne prone skin) stay away from it.

on 6/18/2015 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has replaced my previous HG foundation - YSL touche eclat. Vitalumiere aqua does everything I want from a foundation and more.

Firstly, some background information. My skin is combination, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Otherwise, my skin is far from perfect but I have no serious issues with pigmentation, scarring or acne. My face becomes more oily in summer and drier in winter, which is why I strayed from my usual HG to try this. YSL teint touche eclat foundation is perfect in winter, but it melts off my nose in summer. I read the reviews of this thinking that it just wouldn't work for my skin type, or provide enough coverage. I have very fair, cool toned skin (NW15ish), but I wear this in B10 despite that it's intended for warm/yellow undertones. I find the colour to be quite neutral as it's not particularly yellow, and it blends into my skin perfectly. I think that this also helps to colour correct the redness in my face, as it really covers it better than any other lightweight foundation I've tried.

I like my foundation to look like skin, I don't like anything that is clearly visible on my face. This fulfils expectations here, it is undetectable on the skin with one layer. The coverage is light, but you can absolutely build it up to a good medium. I have some small blemishes and redness in my cheeks, and this evens everything out. It doesn't make everything dissappear entirely, but that's what concealer is for. After applying a second layer or more, this ceases to become completely undetectable on the skin, but only with close inspection. It still looks perfectly natural, and to the untrained eye it won't be obvious that you're wearing foundation.

In terms of finish, this is just like skin. It is neither completely matte nor dewy like YSL touche eclat is. However, the more you apply, the more matte this becomes. It is in no way flat, and more of a semi-matte finish, but after a layer or two I do notice a difference. To me, this is a good thing as it means I can build up coverage in the areas I need it (especially my nose) and the matte finish means that it won't highlight my imperfections.

I've heard a few people say that this foundation could accentuate dry patches and pores. I have moderate dry patches on my cheeks, this does not make them visible at all - rather it seems to make them less visible. Though I do use a good moisturiser before applying any foundation (Clarins hydraquench). Likewise, I have some enlarged pores around my nose and cheeks, and this does not make them obvious. Though it doesn't make them less visible either. However, I only use one layer on my face (I apply with my fingers or a RT buffing brush), as I think that is how this foundation is intended to be used. If you usually apply more than one layer, then this may well highlight dry patches and pores a little.

If you have oily skin, don't rule this one out straight away. Sure, if it's exceptionally oily then you will absolutely have to work with it. I don't think this is intended for extremely dry or extremely oily skin. But this has amazing staying power - so much so that it appears to defy all logic. Foundation always melts off my nose within an hour when it's remotely warm. Not with this one, even without powder. I do set with a light dusting of rimmel stay matte in my t zone, but my foundation lasts all day - which does not happen. After a long day, foundation tends to go patchy in my dry areas and shiny where I'm oily, so much so that I regret having worn foundation at all. Again, not with this one.

The packaging put me off buying this foundation for a long time, which isn't usually a factor in buying foundation. But for the price, I've come to expect luxury packaging and a fancy glass bottle rather than plastic. Even so, I like it more than I anticipated. It's sleek and sophisticated, as you might hope from Chanel. It's also much smaller than my foundations from Dior and YSL, despite containing the same amount of product. Thus, it's perfect for travelling. You could even put it into your bag for touch ups during the day, given that you can apply this with fingers - not that it really needs touching up all that often.

As for the price itself, this is expensive. No, bourjois healthy mix is not a perfect dupe (I own both) - though I would recommend you try that one if you're on a budget, it's good. So do not be afraid to ask for samples. In my opinion, the more you pay for a product, the more right you have to try it out first. If the Chanel counter you visit refuses, go elsewhere or ask them to apply it to your face so you can try it out for the day instead.

One last thing, although this foundation contains SPF15 it is safe to use in photographs. A lot of makeup artists recommended Chanel foundations for bridal makeup for this reason.

on 6/16/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off, my skin type is combination oily, sensitive, quite acne prone and I have noticeable pores in the T zone areas. Still yet to find the perfect skin care for my skin type, but shu uemura balancing cleansing oil has been the best cleanser I've used thus far. As I always say, skin care is most important to truly make the foundation work to it's best potential

PROS
-This foundation is the best one I've ever used. The texture is beautiful and flawless. -perfect amount of dewy with a natural semi matte satin finish. It's honestly gorgeous and I love the way it smells.
-I'm aware it has some skin irritating ingredients because of the fragrance and alcohol in the formula, but it works absolutely fine for my sensitive skin.
-It does well to perfect the texture of my skin - it is the least flake and pore enhancing foundation I've tried amongst many, and I occasionally have these skin coloured bumps on my forehead and this foundation doesn't enhance it like some caky foundations do, especially under the light. Those that have these skin coloured bumps may know exactly what I'm talking about. It makes my skin look smooth and masks rough texture well!
-light and convenient packaging to carry around with you when you're out, should you ever need to top up through out the day

CONS
-This isn't a con for me, but probably a con many people about this foundation: The lasting power is only decent. It looks perfect for up to about 4 hours then it starts to look less fresh, but it breaks down very evenly and upholds the dewy freshness that this formula creates. Those who want to look matte the entire day will probably want to skip this foundation though. There are foundations with better oil control definitely, but personally, I hate the way they end up looking when the oil starts coming through. It makes my skin look dull and matte but then there's like an annoying sheen which isn't flattering

If anyone wants to know anything in particular about this foundation, then message me!

on 6/12/2015 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

What a gem this is. Before I go on, I gotta say, I have good skin. I can wear just about any foundation for the most part and be at the very least "OK" with it. My biggest problem with foundation is staying power. I tend to lean toward long wearing formulas. I was afraid this wasn't going to hold up to my staying power expectations, but, oh my, did it ever. This foundation actually gets better as the day goes by on me. No kidding. I've been wearing it for about 2 weeks now and every day, I am amazed by how it looks every time I check on my make up.

I don't mind fragrance, and I personally love how this smells. It is very light and hardly noticeable, but there is definitely a luxuriousness to it. The container is classic Chanel, sleek, no frills and it has just as much product as any other foundation, 1.0 oz. despite the container appearing small. I like the way it dispenses. It's not a pump, but not an open neck bottle. It's a squeeze style container, which I can appreciate. It doesn't irritate my face and I have not experienced any breakouts from this foundation, which I was slightly worried about. Like I said, I don't have huge skin issues, but I'm not immune to a product giving me breakouts. However, I'm not sensitive. The coverage is medium for me and it keeps my nose from getting oily almost all day (trumpets, please.) I do usually get oily around my nose after hour 3 no matter what. I was very pleasantly surprised to realize that my nose has been staying oil free for about 5 hours and after a quick powdering, remains tolerable the rest of the day. After hour 5 though, it seems that I do get oilier faster than the beginning of the day. I definitely love everything about this foundation, I love the finish, I love the way it goes on, I love the coverage and I love the staying power. A real winner in my book. It's the best, most flawless finish I've ever experienced. Not dry, not cakey at all and covers my pores like a champ. Photographs beautifully, and has good quality SPF as an additional layer over other sunscreens. Oh, which reminds me, it plays well with my moisturizers and sunscreens, which I switch up on an almost daily basis for my morning routine.

I came across this foundation by accident. I've been (self) tanning and I needed a good foundation that matched my new skin tone and not make me orange. I tried doing a lot to avoid buying new H.E. foundation, but I just wasn't happy with the results. I kept feeling Jersey Shore lol. So I broke down and decided to go to my local mall, to Sephora and MAC, to get color matched and buy a foundation, whichever I found to be my fave. My mission was to do some serious foundation shopping and was quite offended at the customer service I received at Sephora. When I arrived at MAC though, there was no one at the counter, seriously, it was a ghost town. However, the Chanel counter just happened to be right next to it and the SA at Chanel sang her siren song to me. Next thing I knew I was getting a makeover. I told her I wasn't interested in spending 60+ on foundation and she showed me Vitalumiere Aqua. It was "only" $47, but I was already considering the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is $45.50 where I live, so it really wasn't much of a leap, so I figured wth. I'm a serious makeup lover and shopper. I'm not into only buying H.E., but rather, the best quality, which can be any brand (foundations for me just happen to always be HE). I'm not afraid to spend $$ on good stuff and I was very happy to accidentally stumble up this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this foundation! Have been using it for the last 3 years. The colour selection is great (I am using it in 22BR). The texture is very pleasant and light. It does not clog my pores which is very important for me, since i have quite some sensitive skin. I cant bare wearing a heavy foundation. It lasts quite long. This foundation is easily buildable. You need to shake very well before applying, otherwise the oil gets separated from the foundation itself. The packaging is ok-ish, not the most stylish pack i've seen. But, its convenient for travelling, and its light since its made out of plastic. It does not have a pump which i don't find disturbing.

on 6/2/2015 10:11:00 AM

The sample packet found in magazines is SO MUCH BETTER than the real thing. The sample has a gel-like texture, is super-smooth and has a blurring effect--as if it had built-in primer, and gives beautiful, long wear. After using two samples and falling completely in love, I immediately ran out and purchased a bottle. Sadly, the retail version is nothing like the sample, AT ALL. You MUST shake it before use, or you'll get a bunch of oily water running out of the bottle. The texture, coverage, and wearability are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The actual liquidy stuff has much lighter coverage, no blurring effect, no long wear, really nothing. Too bad Chanel can't (won't) package and sell the sample version. Boo.

Best foundation ever! Light feel with great coverage. Very natural and also love the smell! Would repurchase over and over again...

on 5/16/2015 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Nice finish, neither too dewy nor too matte. Great foundation if you have naturally good skin but can look a bit oily in t-zone or cling to dry patches a little. A bit disappointed with the packaging, the bottle is fairly basic and you can't see how much is left. Overall good value for money. I bought this last October and after daily use I've only just run out 6 months later. I only apply a small amount for light coverage, if you want something with full coverage this probably isn't the right foundation. Has a wide range of shades, I originally wanted the Vitalumiere but had to buy Vitalumiere Aqua after even the palest of Vitalumiere shades was too orangey for me (I'm very pale). The Vitalumiere Aqua in 10 Beige is a perfect match though. With a nice setting powder this foundation looks great!