Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

4.1

on 5/26/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I heard that this is indeed a dupe for MAC's snob, but i think of this differently!!! I LOVE THIS SHADE!! iT GOES PERFECTLY with my berry red lip liner (i NEVER EVER wear lipstick w/o a liner) ... anyways i had this for over a week now and i highly reccomend this shade to all NC45-50 ladies out there! You might look at it as if its a pale blue lilac pink, but it has the same hue as Snob once you apply it!! Loved it so much i bought a backup @ Walmart! ($4.97!!!) Will buy again.

on 3/27/2015 12:01:00 PM

I've heard this is a dupe for Mac's Snob (which I have) and Mac's Angel (which I have). I would say between Angel and Snob, this is closer to Snob being a dupe. However, as the saying goes, close, but no cigar!! To me, I actually like Primrose better than both Angel and Snob, which surprises me, bc when I first got Primrose, I really did not like it much at all and thought those saying it was a 'dupe' were crazy. However, not only do I now like it even better than Snob and Angel, to me it actually wears better. I also find Snob to be a little drying for me, and I often have to pair Snob with the Snob lipglass. But, alas, this is not a review for Mac, so back on track with Primrose!! This wears decently on me, lasts a good 4 to 5 hours on me (which for d/s for me, is great!!) before wearing off, and even then I am still left with somewhat of a faint stain, flattering, not clown-like, like some lipstick shades along this tone can be on me (I am NC15 - NC20). Also does not get gummy or gunky, which is a huge bonus!! Not a fan of wiping lipstick goo off my lips after a few hours!! My only complaint is this can be hard to find a blush to pair this with. I tend to pair it with Mac's Dame, which, coincidentally, I also pair with Mac's Snob..teehee..:) I also find this limits me in eyeshadow choices, which, is not a big deal, but when you like to mix and match, it can be a bit of a bummer.

Just, although I do not find this very versatile, it is still really very pretty and behaves and wears very nicely, so I see no reason to drop the rating down due to lack of versatility with this. If you prefer warm tones or have yellow undertones, this probably won't work for you. But if you have cool undertones or you prefer cooler shades, this might be worth checking out!!! As I said, I was not a fan of this when I first got it, but it is now one of my fave shades!!! I plan on getting a back-up, and why not, at this price, it is very affordable!!!

on 12/1/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I took a chance on this pretty light pink and bought it as a blind buy as I was online shopping recently. I am so happy and I love it! The formula feels really nice and so creamy too and lasts a few hours without eating or touching my lips to my water bottle. It doesn't feel too drying on my lips. I do prefer to apply a lip balm before I apply this product.

Sometimes I like to layer Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter Pink Truffle over it and it looks so pretty! Try it!

Makeup I wore with my primrose lip today:
Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-In-1 Foundation - Classic Ivory
Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer - Fair
Blush - Maybelline - Master Hi-light by Face Studio Blush - Nude
Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded
Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze
Eye Shadow - Covergirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eye Shadow - Country Woods
Eye liner - tight lined with Revlon ColorStay - Black Brown
Eye liner - Lined bottom lashes with the darkest color from Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quads in Chai Latte
Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara - Black
Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara - Carbon Black
Eyebrows - Maybelline Ultra-Brow Powder - Dark Brown

on 11/2/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this was not my color.. Not sure why I thought it would be. I was looking for light pink shade and bought this. But I have yellow skin and dark eyes, looks dead-ifying on me. The light pinkness looked a little frosty and was just TOO light for my complection. Tried it with several blushes and still wasn't the result I wanted.

on 6/5/2014 11:38:00 AM

This is a semi-sheer, blue-based, light pink that would (in my opinion) better suit those with cool toned skin. It was too blue based for my NC20, VERY yellow skin.

on 5/31/2014 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not my color. Too light, cool, and pastel for my warm-neutral complexion. Great formula but I definitely need a different shade.

on 4/28/2014 4:18:00 AM

My goodness. I lusted for this for the longest time. I was looking for a nude-ish light pink that would suit my skintone and wouldn't wash me out. This is an opaque and creamy lipstick, a little bit light for my skin but in a good way! I love to pair it with neutral eyes and lots of blush. It really is a light blue-toned pink but I find it wearable for my fair medium skin. ;) I think it would wear better on neutral and cooler skintones. I will repurchase when I run out because I think I will be wearing this everyday from now on <3

on 3/24/2014 7:54:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have been going through my makeup lately and getting rid of lipsticks I never wear and this is one of them. It's not that it's not a pretty color because it is. It's not that I don't like Revlon lipsticks because I do. This is fairly cool-toned, fairly light pink. I wish I could wear this--it's a pretty color. But with my neutral to warm skin tone this is not a color I can pull off at all. I'm a NC20. If you like and look good in peach, coral, or other more warm toned lipsticks, this color is probably not for you either. Sadly this goes in the to-get-rid-of pile. :(

on 3/20/2014 5:01:00 PM

I bought this recently fearing that it might be too sheer because i have a preference for opaque lipsticks. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had great pigmentation. It can look a little bit barbie doll pink on my fair skin but that's okay because I bought it as a spring summer colour. It can be a bit drying but i've never really come across a lipstick that doesn't dry after a bit of time.
For the price it's great especially because it is quiet close to MAC snob which is about 4 times the price!
I always find the black and gold packaging is a bonus with the revlon lipsticks, it looks more sophisticated.

I wouldn't buy it again, simply because i would like to try a different but similar shade.

It's a pretty nude pink on my pale, cool skin, but honestly, it barely shows up and I find it a tad drying.

I would reccomend pink pout instead.

Popular Lipsticks