November 26, 2014 | 1690 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A few years ago, I went to MUA Top Picks to search for the most highly rated concealer, out of sheer desperation and anguish that my current concealers weren't doing a good job, and saw that this was rated #1. However, I was disappointed because I knew that this brand was not available in my area.

Fast forward to beginning of the year. I was walking past a pop-up store for Collection and thought it sounded familiar. Peeked at their product range and saw the concealer on display. Could it be? And it was! Long dramatic story aside, I was overjoyed and proceeded to test the colors available, finally settling on Cool Medium. Even received a 20% off the retail price. Awesome!

I have to say, when I first started applying the concealer with my fingers, I didn't see anything worth raving over... but after I tried blending the formula out with a brush, it looked flawless. I put the concealer to the test -- foundation, concealer, loose powder, blush & contour. Onward to my day. When I returned home ten hours later, the concealer had not budged an inch from where I had applied it on my face. To say I was elated would be an understatement (I'm sure anyone with a combination face feels me on this). From an arm's length away, my undereye area did not look like I had had four hours of sleep and I could barely see my acne scars. Finally!

My complaint would be that the shade range is limited. Four colors? Come on. However, that aside, the staying power is incredible and I did not experience any discomfort or itchiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by violetstarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this product - I've been buying it for about seven years now! Easy to apply and blend, high coverage and lasts all day and night. It also lasts very well as you only need a tiny dot of it to cover several spots. I've used this to cover acne many times and it never irritates or worsens it. Also works perfectly as an under eye brightener.
I see that many people with more dry skin have not got on with it, my skin is very oily so perhaps it's better suited to oily types.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ladypunx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best (& cheapest!) concealer I've tried yet. Formula is creamy, highly pigmented & gives great coverage. One thing I would say though is always make sure your skin is well moisturised before application, as sometimes the product can get a little cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It has good coverage but it dries to my skin and looks cakey
Writing rubs of within a week, colour range is poor
overall not my favourite concealer and will not be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Randomination22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As I wear light coverage foundation, I prefer something perfecting as a concealer for blemishes and for under the eye. Not costing too much at all, this concealer works well for me.

On my dry skin, I do find the formula to not work for me very well as it seems to cling to drier patches and I have seen my skin look worse because of it. That said, the coverage is high and does give some perfection that is lasting, hence its name. On skin that's less dry, it would work much better I feel.

The other thing worth noting is that it sets fairly quickly so I would work on individual areas first to get the best performance from this product.

I would repurchase it again as it does perform well, but it's not the number one choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Emsabells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I do really like this concealer. The price is amazing, it's about 4, and so is amazing value. When I bought this, I saw the price, and didn't expect anything amazing, but I was pleasantly surprised. I picked the shade fair, which is a very good match for my skin, which I was surprised, considering there are only 4 shades. It has a nice applicator, and it blends well into my skin. The coverage is pretty good, not full coverage, but I'd say medium. I use it in all places, so spots, blemishes, any redness etc. and it works well on the redness (12 hours later I am not red at all), spots are concealed relatively well, although they are visible. Underneath the eyes, there are now shadows, however it is slightly cakey, maybe I put too much powder on? The packaging on the product isn't very good however, all my writing has been scratched off, a bit annoying. However considering the price and how good this conceler is, I highly recommend, as it is definitely my favourite drugstore concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Diningwithsatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible product! I don't get the hype, maybe it's just my skin type? It's got good coverage but that's about it. It's cakey, separates on my skin, smudges all over the place. Shoddy packaging, the writing on the rubs off into my hands when i use it, and the product spills out the top of the tube when i screw the lid on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by miriammak97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my go-to concealers. It has quite a thick, creamy consistency and is easy to apply with the doe foot applicator. A little goes a long way however I have found that it sets pretty quickly so you need to start blending it the moment you apply it to your face. I mainly use this under my eyes and I find that I don't need to set it with powder unless it's a particularly hot day. It has pretty good staying power and is overall a great concealer for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SophieGloria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the products in my makeup collection, this is the one I have repurchased the most. The coverage is very high; the consistency is creamy and blend-able; the lightest shade isn't too dark for my hauntingly pale skin... Oh, and let's not forget the price!
You may ask, however, why I have only rated it a 4/5 if I love it so much and this is for two reasons. Firstly, I find that the staying power isn't fantastic and after an hour it is almost as though the makeup around my t-zone needs reblending. (My skin can get oily, but it isn't THAT bad.) Secondly, as I am sure many people have mentioned, the writing on the packaging smears off onto your hands - which isn't ideal when you're trying to apply makeup!
Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend you give this product a go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really great concealer! Very comparable to the NARS radiant creamy concealer, although I have to say that the NARS is slightly more blendable and fuller coverage. However I really love this and find myself using it very frequently. I like to use it as a light foundation, swiping it over my redness and dotting it over my scars and breakouts to give a lighter more strategic coverage than traditional foundation.