November 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is very close to being my HG foundation and believe me - I've tried MANY foundations. So the lowdown is, it's good for oily skin because it lasts. If it's going to be a big night out I still use a primer, but hey, I'm super oily. It matches my skin well, though it does have that slight orange-y tint that is characteristic of MAC bases and another issue I have is that it doesn't necessarily spread all the evenly, so you gotta WORK it with the brush if you don't want it to streak. But really for an oily girl, this foundation is a godsend. Try it if you've still been looking and color wise, MAC should have something that works. I bought NC35 and NC40 and mix and match depending on how strong my tan is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cadeyduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation really is long wear and that's why I like it. It lasts longer than any foundation I have ever used, and is medium-full coverage I'd say. The only problem I have with it is that the lightest shade is still too dark for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

This product broke me out horribly....definitely going to return this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by gabbyli3

DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION (If you guys like this foundation, I'm very sorry about it. I would give this a 0 if I can. This is my personal opinion :/)!!!!!
I got the shade in NC35 and I was trying it in the mac counter. It was fine, I was happy about the finish and the coverage it gives. So, I bought it and I was walking around the shopping centre for 30-40 mins. I was looking at myself in the mirror. The next minute, I look ORANGE. Literally, ORANGE. I'm not happy about this foundation and I wasted my money on this product. I'm not happy about their formulation. It looks like I've done a really bad fake tan on my face. Also, it rubs off around the nose and the cheek areas in an hour or 2. Let me just do a run down of the foundation by doing a pros and cons:
Pros:
- Nice finish and coverage
Cons:
- Oxides like crazy (ORANGE, It looks ORANGE on me.)
- Broke me out like crazy, I got 2-3 pimples, normally I don't get a lot of pimples.
- Rubs off when you touch it (Suppose to be a long lasting foundation :/)

Just to let everyone know, I bought this foundation ages ago (Last year). Every time I try this foundation, I break out like crazy and I look like an umpa lump. I brought 6 products back to mac and I was so heartbreaking that I wasted my money on this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dallygabriel

I bough this product hoping it would be my HG. I have combo oily skin and primer has not prevented oil from appearing after just one hour of make up application. I was told this make up would last all day and stay dry. Unfortunately it came off my face too easy and left my face with a blotchy/patchy look as the coverage was so thick that it was very noticeable where the make up had rubbed off and where I still had make up on my face. It doesn't have enough shades to provide a perfect skin color match and I have to say that while it looked flawless after application it did not stay on as flawless as I expected it. It simply not make up for "real life". Although it is a heavy make up it did not provide the coverage of blemishes I expected. I was very disappointed to say the least.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first day I put this on my face I was INLOVE, the second day, not so much. I feel like I wanted to love it so badly that I ignored the fact it dries unbelievably fast, the texture of the foundation was quite sticky feeling and it was actually hard to apply. This foundation does however give my face a flawless glow, I mean I GLOW. I have patchy, red, oily, acne prone skin and this foundation makes my skin look AMAZING. Granted you do have to add a little more foundation over top of your blemishes but this foundation is build-able so that isn't a problem at all. I set it by dusting some loose powder and a finishing spray (because this does make my skin a little dry, which I defiantly am NOT) and it stays all day. No touch ups needed, I leave all my concealer, powder, EVERYTHING at home and I don't have a care in the world. Props to Mac for making this foundation have amazing staying power. This will definitely be my HG foundation, I just wish it applied smoother like there other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cw192

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to swear by this foundation as it was the first one I had come across that didn't literally fall off my face due to my oiliness. It has superb staying power when applied on top of a primer and set with a powder (I use skinfinish natural). After around a month of daily use it started to feel heavy and cakey on my face and I decided to look for something with the same staying power but less heavy and since then I have swapped back to my old HG Revlon colorstay which is very comparable to this foundation. Overall a good foundation for an oily skin but can at times feel too much for daily wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by LuvForMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After getting tired of using the same Mac Matchmaster foundation, I decided to switch to something new. Trying out the Pro Longwear Foundation. First time put it on my face with my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush, a lot of patches. The foundation dry very fast. The next day, I applied it on again, I am so happy that it went well. I realized that I did not apply it properly. I set it with my Mac MSF in Medium Dark, even better. The con is, the foundation does not cover my acne spots well, so you have to use a concealer. Overall, I am satisfied :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have an oily/dry skin combo. After I started with acne medication my chin, cheeks and "outer" forehead got flaky and dry. I exfoliate and use embryolisse lait-creme the night before I use this, and my face looks good. It's a buildable coverage, but I use the matching concealer as well, and I absolutely love this. Worth the money!

It stays on for hours, even while I'm sweating. It's great for oily skin, definitly try this out! Love the classic glass-packaging with a pump as well. Just overall a great, great product.

EDIT: have grown to not like it at all. It makes my skin look streaky and disgusting no matter what I do. The color looked kinda grey-ish and I just looked sick and unusually pale. I still like the formula but on my skin it didn't look good.

EDIT 2: the color isn't so bad after all. However: the formula stinks. After 6 hours the the foundation is left in my pores (Yes I use a primer) and leaves "white" dots on my face. It isn't matte enough. I am very dissapointed, and will NOT buy this again. Horrible foundation. I wanted to like it so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, I have very oily skin but I love a dewy finish which I think is so so hard to achieve! I think a lot of people rely on there foundation to do all of the work when it comes to controlling oil on there face but it is essential you are preparing your skin properly before applying your foundation. The colour match for me is perfect & it applies to my skin really well, you can taylor make the coverage depending on what brush is used to apply, I either use my RT buffing brush for a lighter coverage or my RT angled foundation brush for maximum! Once applied leave for a few minutes to let it really settle into your skin. I then apply my MAC Blot Powder in t zone & will top up throughout the day!