February 28, 2015 | 1278 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2015 10:41:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this foundation because it claims to stay all day with a matte finish. I love MAC's studio sculpt foundation and I wanted to try something that lasted longer with a nice matte finish, versus the more dewy finish of the studio sculpt foundation. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I really like it! However, I did have some issues. I have combination skin with an extremely oily nose and dry cheeks. I also have very small, subtle freckles with some redness. My skin is clear, with only getting pimples maybe once a month or so. Although, My skin does break out and become irritated by heavy creams or oils. This foundation has a very beautiful satin/matte finish that makes my skin look flawless. For me, it was a medium coverage and after the first layer you could still see my tiny freckles showing through. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that trying to build this up is a pain. It dries so quickly and can be difficult to work with. I'm more than certain that someone can build this up and make it work but with me, it just wasn't working. In my experience, when I tried to add another layer, it would start caking up everywhere along my cheeks, forehead and even my nose. I would have to take it off and start over. I found that the easiest way to apply this is to only put one layer and then apply concealer to any dark spots or in my case, freckles showing through. This stayed on all day just as promised with a really pretty matte finish. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin since I've been using it. It even stayed put on my super oily nose, which I swear melts off any foundation within a few hours of applying. I did get slightly oily, but the foundation itself didn't budge. Other pros include the convenient pump and I think that this was a very good color match for me (NC20). The price could be better, but I guess it's worth it because it's the only foundation that I have tried that truly lasted all day for me. So overall, I really like this foundation. I wish it was easier to build up, but other than that I'm very impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2015 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sagr

Good coverage, nice finish however breaks me out like nothing els. I noticed it almost immediately, after first day of usage. Applied more the next day for more coverage although that only made it worse. I repeated that mistake the following days until I stopped and my face cleared up. Seems mac foundation just sucks for some.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2015 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Lizziburns1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I really loved this foundation, it is definitely long wearing and it would probably last all day and night however I find that it is unbelievably hard to blend in and is very cakey and sometimes yellowy on my skin, I have quite oily skin so it did stay on but it would be patchy quite often as it dries up on your face as soon as you apply it so is very hard to spread over my face, it is quite good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2015 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I live in humid South Florida and my skin is oily, so when I want something with good coverage and lasting power, I go for this foundation. I don't wear it often because the dimethicone it has breaks me out. It is really hard to find a foundation that looks this good on that does not have dimethicone! I haven't found one that looks good yet, so this is what I wear on special occasions. I'm NC20 and it actually doesn't oxidize on me and it photographs nicely. I apply it with a Sigma flat top kabuki. Because of the weather and my skin, I do get oily with this foundation, but it isn't as bad (and doesn't look as bad) as if I was bare-faced or wearing a different foundation. This is without primer and with primers (Pur Color Correcting, Benefit POREfessional, and a Lorac primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2015 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Beachhead

I'm not really sure about this product yet. I've only had it for a few days and the coverage is AMAZING. I had to get one of the lightest shades and it matched perfectly. however, I did notice after awhile that it did oxidized, it wasn't too bad though! and I have noticed that since I've started using it I've started to break out around my nose ): I'm not sure if it was this foundation or if the breakout was caused by something else. Overall I really do love the foundation but I'm not sure if I'd buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2015 9:05:00 PM More reviews by belindapilcher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm naturally very pale, and so I bought this in the NC-15 shade, because when the lady matches me in the store it fit. It looked pretty nice and I was in need of a new foundation so I bought it. But I sincerely do not like this foundation. It oxidises, so if you pale you end up with an orange face, I find that it doesn't sit well on my dry patches and felt heavy on the face. I also feel like it can look cakey.. It just doesn't look like skin which is what I look for in a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2015 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ItsPrincessDaria

This is the first foundation I bought from Mac ... and I was very disappointed tbh 😐 Well first time i applied it, it was fine (nothing special though) Then the next day it really dryed my skin and make me have some disgusting dry patches. Also I found that if I wanted a little more coverage it would look soo cakey. I do not like this foundation and found myself throwing it away. erhhhhh 😴

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 6:49:00 PM More reviews by serena44

I've been coming back to this foundation for 5 years now. We have a love/hate relationship. It's amazing when we reconcile, but after a little while, I remember why we broke up. The color match is awesome. I wear NC-15, which is a tad pale, but once it oxidizes, it matches perfectly. The spf gives a little flashback that actually acts as a highlighter so, bonus! Here's the tricky part, the texture. It will suck the life out of your skin and require a jackhammer to remove. And if you do not remove it completely, it will cause Mac-ne. Forget about layering and building up. You have one chance to get the coverage you desire. I slather myself in moisturizer (bobbi brown) and quickly blend this with my fingers, patting in over massive pores and blending where I don't need as much coverage. For breakouts, I dab with a concealer brush. Any kind of rubbing after the first layer will result in patches akin to your skin peeling off. Don't even think about putting this anywhere under your eyes if you don't want to look 10 years older- use a separate concealer for that. Once I mastered application, I do not have to touch up for at least 12 hours. This will last on me all day long with maybe a quick blot. It also makes a great eye shadow primer as I have the oiliest eye lids known to mankind. However, like all summer romances, my love affair comes to a screeching halt once my skin starts to crack and breakout from this sucking the life out of me like a stage 5 clinger. Maybe this time it will be different if I take better care of my skin and use extra moisturizing products...or maybe I will finally find the perfect foundation that meets all of my needs and treats me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 8:53:00 AM More reviews by StephanieDelRey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I totally love this foundation, definitely an HG product for me! And I'm not the kind of person that claims that very often. I got matched NC15, and I have to admit it is spot on, totally my shade! I love this product because it gives great coverage (I have smooth skin but tend to get a little red on my cheeks, chin and nose), this foundation makes me look like I have baby-like skin. It goes on smooth - I use my BeautyBlender most of the time, but applying with my fingers works just fine. I actually feel like this softens my skin. The smell doesn't bother me at all. The texture might be too thick for some people but if you apply with a damp BeautyBlender you won't even notice. I have tried three other longwear foundations, both drugstore and high-end brands, and this one is the one star of the bunch. It controls my oily nose so incredibly well, I rarely need to touch up. And when I do, I don't have to worry about it rubbing off because it simply stays put. I have to admit I have slept with this and worn it throughout the next day (I know, bad bad bad!) and it STILL stayed on. I just LOVE this!!! I am happy to pay full price for this wonderful product and will definitely buy this again and again!

The other good ones I tried:
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h
Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin

The "bad" one:
Max Factor Lasting Performance - I got the lightest shade which matched fine at first but after an hour or so turned orange on me. Doesn't blend well on my skin either. Dissappointing to say the least.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 8:24:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands up if you're here because you want try this over Studio fix? *Hand going up everywhere*

Story- I tried studio fix for 2 days, and basically tortured my skin for that amount of time. I don't have bad skin, I dont tend to get spots or get a greasy face but studio fix made me break out like crazy, with or without primer, and setting powder.

Packaging- I love the packaging, very modern, sleek and simple, and a lovely pump included also.

Wear/Feel- So I then decided to try Pro longwear. I ordered a sample from Ebay. Tried it for a couple of days and I fell in love! The shade that I matched myself to (I did plenty of research) is NW15 and its the perfect shade for me, like spot on. I have since ordered myself a bottle which has arrived today and its still the correct colour etc. Its easy to apply, with fingers or a brush, easy to blend/build up, you don't need a primer, though it helps, it really does last 15 hours, you don't need a setting powder,it does not personally break me out, not like studio fix, it has good coverage and it doesn't feel cakey. The bad points for me and other girls are that some girls have said that it sets quick so they cant work quick enough to get it in place before it sets, I haven't had this problem, but i thought i'd mention it. It is more expensive than studio fix for the same amount of product and lastly it has no lid, I know it has a lock safety thing going on for the pump, but a lid would be great.

Price:25 not too bad for a mid range foundation. I am happy to pay this.

With any foundation though, try and get a sample first so you can test it properly in your own home rather than a makeup counter which I has stupid artificial lighting, you can then also see how long it lasts on you, the feel etc.

Overall I totally recommend this product, it is a life saver! I have also purchased the concealer for this, which I haven't tried yet but I'll do a review on that too!

UPDATE- This foundation has now started to break me out!!! I am going to completely stay away from all MAC foundation!!