Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 9/3/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the foundation I'm currently using, and as long as the formula doesn't change then I will be happy to buy this again and again. I have it in the shade 303 (True Nude) and it matches my skin colour perfectly. I've never tried to build it, but I don't need to, because one pump is just enough for me. I find that my skin looks very nice and natural with this foundation on, not too cakey or oily or dry. I don't use primers and this stuff still lasts all day (though I do set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder). And the packaging is great, I love the size and shape of the glass bottle, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product and doesn't get too messy. Definitely my favourite foundation that I've tried so far.

OMG where can I start with this foundation? Firstly, I have yellow undertones and I am pretty fair skin toned, Ivory 100 fits me perfectly! Usually drug store foundations have pink undertones, and it's hard finding a shade that I'm completely happy with. Second, this foundation is full coverage and a little goes a long way, which is also amazing because it's also inexpensive and affordable. Thirdly, when it says it's 25 hour stay, you better believe it! 12 hour days and maybe only once do I have to apply powder since I do get oily throughout the day. I set this foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder and this is a dynamic duo that's unstoppable! Also, this foundation does not make me break out and I am pretty acne prone especially before my time of the month. TRY IT, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. One of the best drug store foundations, hands down!

on 8/20/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

They changed the packaging it seems, to a glass bottle with screw top lid. I prefer this, for some reason, not that I think it is easier, I just do. Less likely to get squished I guess.
Anywho, I picked this up because it claims to be transfer proof and sweat proof. I wear glasses all day every day and makeup on the nose piece is the bane of my existence, and I live in a very humid place at the moment so I sweat like crazy. It also claims to have "comfort serum" whatever the heck that is. I tested it out at first without any other makeup, on a slightly cool day. It did take about 5 minutes to set completely, but even while it was still a bit tacky it didn't transfer. Only the smallest amount got on my glasses when I put them on, and then it didn't go anywhere. It is definitely more full coverage than any other drugstore foundation I have tried, and with a bit of concealer any spots are gone. I have noticed that if I do set it with powder, it can look a little cakey and dry, so I tend to just let it set, unless I need the extra layer of coverage, in which case I just spritz it with a bit of witch hazel and that takes care of the cakey-ness. Sometimes I get a bit oily in my T zone, but a blotting paper will take care of that, but it doesn't happen very often. Another thing I really love is that it looks like skin. It is full coverage but it doesn't look like you have a layer of rubber on your face like some other full coverage foundations can. The 100 Ivory is a perfect match for my skin, which can be hard to find. The only downside is that there aren't many color options, so anyone with skin darker than a medium tan will have to look elsewhere (I feel like that isn't a very good business plan because they're missing out on a huge chunk of the population).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation offers very good coverage, I would say medium to full. This feels comfortable on the skin, and blends seamlessly. The only downsides would be that it doesn't control oil, or stay matte for very long. I have been mixing it with another foundation just for the sake of using it, since I cannot return drugstore makeup in Canada.

Pros:
- Really cheap
- Somewhat okay shade range
- Good coverage
- For those with neutral undertones, these shades seem to be neutral or pink
- In a bottle with a pump

Cons
- Does not control oil
- Does not stay matte
- No yellow undertones

on 8/13/2015 8:43:00 PM

I have been using this foundation in colour #202 for over 6 years, i am a makeup and foundation junkie and do not leave the house without it.
This foundation is light enough so that you do not look like caked up but heavy enough to cover my redness and rosacea.
You can also put little on and cover a large area or put more on to get the heavier effect.

I do not need to use primer generally in summer but in winter I use a little to moisturize the face before applying as my skin gets dry.

Overall i think this product is great value for money and it can be found in most supermarkets in Australia.

I always get comments on how well I blend my makeup and with this foundation, its best to blend with your fingers.

I had been looking for a long wear foundation since the AC at my work has been on the fritz for a few weeks now and we have all been just boiling hot! As a result of this my make up has been melting off my face so I needed something durable and sweat proof.. I found this on sale for $8.47 CAD and it's description sounded perfect "sweat proof, transfer proof, etc".

Well, I did not find it to live up to its name. I applied two layers to cover my redness (I have very red skin) and I left the house with great coverage and great looking skin. Well by the 3 hour mark in my work day my redness was already showing through! And by the end of my 9 hour shift, my skin looked awful... dull and blotchy and most of my redness was now visible. This doesn't normally happen to me even when I use my normal foundation that is not long wearing!

So disappointed... but at least I hardly spent any money on this,

PS.. since this I have bought and tried Revlon Colorstay Liquid and find it works very well and lasts well throughout my workday!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this foundation! I've worn it daily for about 3 weeks. I find it pairs well w/New York Color's Skin Smoothing Primer. For me, #101 Classic Ivory is an exact match for me. It reminds me a lot of Cover Girl's liquid foundations in Creamy Natural, which are spot-on on me. I found great coverage though not Full coverage as the bottle states. I can build it easily to full w/just 2 layers. 1 is enough for me b/c once I add Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Creamy Natural, I get more coverage w/out looking cakey. I love the floral scent, which is similar to Stay Matte Powder. I tried this Stay Matte Primer w/it & noticed fading & minimal oil control compared to NYC's primer. That stuff locks the Lasting Finish in all through my day! Seriously soft skin, too. Not sticky or gooey. I think this is easy to blend w/either fingers or wedge sponge & leaves no orange rim on my hairline or chin. I even tried this foundation w/No powder on a hot sticky day last weekend which is unheard of for me b/c of my oily skin. To my delight it held up really well w/only a couple of blots on my cheeks & forehead. It didn't transfer when blotted, either. I tried it powderless @ work & had no luck & blotted maybe 3 times w/bigger oily spots plus sweat, so I know not to try that again for work. But that's ok. I found my formula for it, so I'll stick to that. It's in a glass bottle w/no pump so I use a Q-Tip to grab some. This is the absolute best thing for my dark circles I've ever tried. I dab a little dot & blend it & get perfect coverage w/one layer! Many foundations need help from concealer for that. I don't have luck w/nasal redness or red zit coverage w/this, though. It is friendly w/Rimmel Match Perfection in Fair & Maybelline Super Stay (old formula) in Ivory to hide those issues. I have freckles & slight cheek ruddiness & this is brilliant to minimize those things. It provides a gorgeous, semi-matte finish. It also doesn't cling to any scant dry patches my nose sometimes gets or look funky between my eyebrows. No oxidation, either! I'm Classic Ivory @ 9:00a.m. & still Classic Ivory @ 9:00 p.m. thanks to Lasting Finish 25 Hour!

on 7/29/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the product in a bottle so I am not sure why some of the pics show tubes. I am truly a foundation junkie. I should have been admitted, but here I am, writing reviews. So starting from the famous Estée Lauder Doublewear that none of the shades match my skin tone and it looks hideous in pictures, to WetnWild, they all fail. The famous Revlon Colorstay does not make my shade, just like MAC. The shades are either too yellow or too red. I am truly neutral with a little bit of olive. I did not have high hopes for this one as the shades are very limited. Surprisingly, the shade True Beige 203 is an exact match. The product stays on for a long time without looking greasy or gross. The coverage is much better than MAC, Estée Lauder and Revlon. It does not oxidize either. Does it last for 25 hours? God knows. I have not tried it for a straight 25-hour and I do not want to. For all of us in the oily zone land, we want our foundation to stay put and not to melt. One other huge positive about this product is that it does not feel dry. When I wore Revlon Colorstay, under my eyes looked dry and dark once I washed off the foundation. Also, Revlon Colorstay does not wash off that easily which is a huge problem as the debris can lead to acne and other skin problems. So far, this product is great!

on 7/27/2015 12:04:00 PM

I HATE THIS NEW BOTTLE.

The previous squeeze tube was perfect. This bottle is for the birds.

Apart from that, my favorite foundation. I work 12 hour shifts and need something to stay put. I use Smashbox Photo ready primer underneath.

on 7/24/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation! I've used it for years, including before they brought out the nude version of this product. I have very oily skin and find with some foundations that by the end of the day, it's gone. With this foundation though, that doesn't happen. I like to apply this foundation with my fingers as it has a built in primer so it smooths over the skin beautifully. It doesn't oxidise either and sets to a satin finish, which if you have normal skin, would look beautiful just the foundation alone. I also use this in the winter when my skin is a bit more combination- oily and it never clings to dry patches. I set mine with the stay matte powder which I find to be a great combination. This foundation is great value for money as I have tried much more expensive foundations and still always go back to this one. Would recommend it to everyone!