Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first review on here, so this must be really good. I am really surprised by this foundation. I am 37 years old and have been trying to find a foundation that I love for years. I have combination occassional acne skin with dry areas, so I have never found a foundation that 1) covers acne scars/red marks, 2) does not sit in the fine lines making you look older than you are, 3) does not highlight any dry areas and just make it drier, 4) that evens out skin tone.
When I had bad days with acne and needed coverage, I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear, however, this makes the dry patches worse. The coverage is okay, and the colour was fine, but I could not wear it every day due to the drying effect it had on me. When I added some moisturiser to it, the coverage was lacking.
I got a sample of this foundation from a magazine, and thought I would give it a try. The colour match is perfect for me for starters (Ivory). I put this on with a flat headed brush, so I could stipple over any redder areas. The coverage is great, evens out skin tone, covers acne marks, and some mild thread veins on my cheeks, does not highlight dry patches, more like keeps them moisturised, does not sit in the fine lines round my eyes, and I have glowy skin now that looks natural, and I don't seem to need a powder over the top, as it is dewy, but not completely matte. I keep looking in the mirror, this is the best I have looked for ages, I just love this foundation! The only bad thing about this, is when I take it off at night, and I see my skin does not really look that good without it...... :-(

on 2/27/2015 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought #101 Classic Ivory.
HG foundation. Lasts and lasts and lasts! No oil slick on my face, even after 12 hours! No transfer even if rubbing your face with a tissue, or my shirt. Color blends perfectly with my skin, controls oil without drying my skin. Doesn't settle into my pores or wrinkles. Covers perfectly, you don't need much. Will definitely buy again. Just wish it had a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is much thicker than the Rimmel Match Perfection which I normally use. It does offer more coverage, only because it's so thick and leaves your complexion looking cakey :( It also broke me out, so if you have acne prone skin, do not even attempt to use this. And surprisingly, it was more expensive than Rimmel's Match Perfection, only by a few dollars. The thick formula also settles in wrinkles and fine lines. Take a pass on this foundation and stick with Rimmel's Match Perfection.

on 2/21/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sorry but this obviously did not work for me. Consistency is ok but once it settles in about 4 hours after fine line and dry patches begin to show. Plus it also broke me out and millia galore.

on 2/21/2015 2:20:00 PM

I purchased this product today after a recommendation from my friend and I am really disappointed... I hate to say it Rimmel but what on earth was this???? This foundation was extremely claggy and it outlined all my problem areas. It did not at all have a light and silky feel like the Rimmel Match Perfection but instead it was tacky and not at all what I would personally want in a foundation. The coverage was good but it was very cakey. I heard a lot of good reviews about this product and I was excited to try it but as soon as I did I wanted to wash it off straight away! I am very disappointed that this foundation didn't work out for me :( I would not recommend this product at all...*sighs*

on 2/15/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my makeup and felt inclined to come on here to post a review immediately. HOLY MOTHER OF GRAIL. This is going to sound corny as hell but one day a foundation will come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anything else. THIS IS THE ONE! I have tried several foundations throughout the years and while yes, I've came across quite a few that I liked and were safe but it never quite stopped my search for better. I loved MAC's Studio Fix Fluid because of the color match but it was way too flawless. I love Loreal's True Match for the coverage but the finish was more on the matte/flat side. I love MUFE HD's finish but it just did not last throughout the day. What if I said this foundation embodies everything I just mentioned? Luminous finish, all day wear, full coverage, yet natural. Sounds crazy but to me, natural means it does not cake up or emphasize the nooks and crannies of my problematic textured skin..just a perfect, smooth canvas. The beauty blender works its magic with this foundation. I don't even want to set it because the finish is so beautiful but unfortunately, it must because after 3 minutes, it's still a bit tacky. I would imagine this be the case even more so for those who have oily skin.

My skin is normal (can be dry) but what I love most about this foundation is that it makes my face luminous without looking greasy. It must be the comfort serum. Matte foundations just emphasizes my Asian pancake face so I need satin/luminous finishes for some dimension. I find that in most luminous foundations (typically of high end ones), you compromise the coverage for a more sheer light finish. I'm glad that I do not have a problem with this foundation. So far, this foundation has been good to me during the New England teen weather but hopefully, it's something I can continue to use for summer.

Some cons - I use 200 Soft Beige for my NC25 skin. It's a great match but oxidizes and changes the undertone a smidge throughout the day (not noticeable but if we are nitpicking). It does have a rosy fragrance smell. My skin is not sensitive so it doesn't bother me but I'm sure this can be an issue for some people. I'm not sure how this will do for oil control and it does have to be set. There is no pump and product is difficult to get out.

Overall, the other foundations I have tried in the past does not hold a candle to this foundation. And for $6.97? HELL YEAH BABY! Forever repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, very fair skin. I don't have too many problem spots, but I do have some mild discoloration from some medication. This is absolutely the best foundation ever......I bought it on a whim, in the shade light ivory. I am super pleased with the coverage, it's med-full. It didn't cake, or oxidize on me. It made my skin look 100% perfect. No dryness was emphasized which is what I fear from a long lasting foundation....and it didn't irritate my skin.

The smell is so nice too. Although this might not be for everyone. It's super creamy and easy to apply. I used a flat top kabuki....I didn't need any concealer except for under my eyes. There's no sparkle....and it actually did last throughout the day.....still looking good, without any powder touch ups. I rarely use powder anyway. I paid $9.99 for this which is super cheap given the quality of the foundation. Super impressed with Rimmel on this one.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

There is some sort of luminizer in this foundation. You might think this sounds good, but it pools in pores (no matter how small) & if you have mature skin, it can make it look crepey. If you have flakes or dry spots, this will highlight them.

It felt very strange on, as though it was tightening or drying my skin (I didn't look more tight or dry though). Also, I found the smell quite strong & it lasted the full 1.5 hours I had it on.

Lastly, it seemed sticky going on as though it was setting up too quickly. I apply foundation with my fingers, so I'm very fast & haven't had this issue with any other product.

I will be returning this & staying with Revlon ColorStay as my d/s long lasting foundation.

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Excellent foundation. Good consistency and easy buildable coverage. The 25 hour thing is just silly but it does last all day and there is minimal colour change and no going patchy.

My skin is very combination but it looks good all over and covers my acne roseacea really well. No break outs and no irritation at all.

If I were going to complain about anything I would say the palest colour could be a little more cool neutral toned but I rarely find a match for my pale Irish skin at this kind of price.

This is a budget marvel - well done Rimmel

on 2/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

I will be honest, I had my doubts about this foundation. The first time I used this foundation it caused horrible break outs in my skin, which is why I kept my distance from this foundation for a few days. When I ran out of my HG foundation, I thought about giving this foundation another chance. I applied it in dots all over my face and blended it with a damp beauty blender. I was shocked with the results. It gave me the most beautiful coverage, it looked so natural. I can't believe I stayed away from this foundation for so long. You just have to know how to apply this foundations to get the right result. This foundation is not too thick nor too thin in consistency. I can't really say if this lasts for 25 hours but I wore this to a wedding and it lasted approximately 12-14 hours yet I was able to take it off easily as well. It gives a dewy finish. It gives medium coverage but you can definitely build it up to higher coverage.

Pros:
1) Afforadable
2) Amazing coverage for people with light blemishes (eg. dark circles, acne spots, etc.)
3) Wide range of shade for light skin tones.
4) Does not look cakey.
5) Does not crease into fine lines and wrinkles.
6) Best choice for people with dry skin
7) Long lasting
8) Transfer resistant
9) Stays put even during extremely hot weather conditions.
10) Does not cause break outs if taken off properly.

Cons:
1) The fragrance might be irritating.
2) It might cause break outs if it's not washed off properly.
3) It might irritate extremely sensitive skin.
4) Might not be the best choice for people with oily skin.
5) Does not have a lot of shades for dark skin tones.
6) Not the best choice for people looking for sheer coverage.

I really love this foundation. And I will buy it again. You just have to take it off properly to avoid break outs. It actually gives the second skin look if applied correctly. I will definitely recommend this to everyone.