November 26, 2014 | 987 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lonepine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third jar of this product and my skin absolutely loves it! Since my skin is on the dry side, I probably would not have purchased a gel moisturizer as in the past I've found gel creams tend to dry out my skin. This product, however, is much different. I originally tried it after finding a sample in Allure magazine. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation, and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream worked beautifully under the foundation. That same day someone commented on my beautiful wrinkle-free skin. I don't know if the gel-creme had anything to do with that, but I did notice the gel-creme helped my foundation to NOT settle in the wrinkles I do have. So now I'm hooked....I will continue to use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream along with the Colorstay makeup. I don't believe the gel-creme causes any reversal effects, although it might prevent some future damage simply by keeping my face hydrated. However, for the face I have today, I will continue to use it. It is one of the best moisturizers I have found that truly keeps my skin hydrated, but is not greasy or heavy. As a side note, I am really lovin' Garnier skin care products. I am a skin care/makeup junky and have tried MANY products. Of the Garnier products I've tried, I've found them to perform just as well, if not better than may high-end, expensive products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought Garnier Moisture Rescue both with and without SPF and they are fabulous! The gel/cream spreads well, absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my face/eyes at all. Also, the cooling sensation from both versions really helps alleviate redness, maybe even better than my usual Aveeno Ultra-Calming. I have very sensitive skin with eczema so I can really say this is non-irritating. It's a great summer routine and the cucumber scent is really light and uplifting.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kismetcharity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and I just like my moisturizer to be as light as water on my skin and to moisturize after cleansing. It rubs in quickly and finishes matte. I haven't noticed any ill effects during the day with makeup.

The key to this lotion is to use as little as possible. Then you shouldn't have any sticky or slimy faces. I only touch the pad of my middle finger onto the gel and this covers my big face.

Great price since I can get it on sale! Will keep buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ksb3111

I have been battling a terrible breakout of whiteheads for the past 6 months. This has resulted in my skin being super sensitive and very dry from over-washing and from all of the products I was using to try to get rid of the acne. Every cream I used, whether for sensitive, acne-prone or combination skin, broke me out even worse and in some cases caused painful cysts to form. I saw this on sale at a local drug store and decided to try it since it was a gel and seemed less threatening. I have been using it with caution for the past month (only in the morning after I wash my face) and so far so good. It hasn't caused me to break out, the gel feels soothing against my sensitive skin (like Aloe Vera would) and it does not linger on your skin throughout the day meaning you don't get that greasy "dirty" feeling that makes you want to run to the washroom and scrub your face. You can wear it under makeup and it hydrates well. Since my skin has become super dry and flaky, I use Aveeno Baby Moisture Relief Cream for the very dry areas so keep in mind that those with VERY dry skin may need to use a backup as a spot treatment. The most important thing about this product is that it does not seem to clog pores causing more breakouts, which is a rare find. It doesn't do anything in terms of treating any sort of acne, but it does hydrate your skin and even out your complexion if used consistently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this moisturizer! I bought the moisture rescue gel-cream for normal-combo skin and have been using it for a few months now.

Pros:
- Not a lot needed. I just dot it around my face and then massage it in.
- Instantly sinks into my skin leaving no residue. Does not break me out at all. Have even put it under my eyes and it does NOT cause milia (those little white chicken bumps).
- Has a cool feeling and a clean smell. I can easily see myself putting this in the fridge in the summer months and applying it cold. I adore the scent and the gel consistency feels so calming on my skin.
- Provides the moisture that I need after applying Strivectin which can be drying. And of course during the winter months when my skin is dry anyway, this does a good job of maintaining moisture.
- Is inexpensive. I think I paid close to $7.00 for this at Target for 1.7 oz. It's a good sized amount and I can see this lasting at least 6 months. I've already been using it for 2 months and am not even halfway through the jar.

Cons:
- You have to dip your fingers into the jar to apply. This is not something that bothers me that much but it may put off some people that prefer a pump or other method to dispense.

More pros than cons for me, so a definite buy again for me. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG moisturizer for sure.

Every other facial moisturizer I use, and I have used a ton of different kinds, sits on top of my skin, makes it tacky, and/or rubs off in greasy, adipose bits especially along my jawline. GROSS. For a long time I used no moisturizer at all because so many of them were so nasty.

NOT this gel. It is GORGEOUS.

It is cool, silky, sinks right into my skin, NEVER leaves it feeling sticky or greasy, never leaves any residue. This is the only moisturizer I can use and my skin loves it!

It also smells lovely and I LOVE the jar packaging which makes it super easy to get just as much as I need without having to pump some stupid plastic squirt bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, do not understand all the good reviews for this. I needed a moisturizer...key word there is 'Moisturizer'. This is not hydrating at all. I thought the packaging looked nice, was sucked in by the marketing/advertising...and the fact it was a gel. I kept it in the fridge which made it feel amazing going on..nice cold gel. But that's where the positives end. It doesn't feel moisturizing once on, it feels more like I put toner on my face. Didn't soften, hydrate, improve appearance, or anything. After 3 days of using my face was SUPER dry and I ended up buying Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moisturizer instead. The gel idea is interesting, but I really do not get how this is classified as a moisturizer...it's anything but.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that dries out, but I also have a problem with breaking out, so I find it very hard to find a good face cream that will keep my skin mosturized, without clogging my pores and making more breakouts.

I used up my jar of my usual Garnier Skin Renew Cream that I love, so went to buy more and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream was on sale for $10 so I thought I would give it a try.

It's alright, but it sort of leaves my skin feeling a little sticky. I think it would be good for people with oily skin. I don't really like it though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

Huge fan of this stuff. I used to use Cetaphil because I am on Retin-A and that can dry your skin out pretty badly if you're not careful with the moisturizer. However, Cetaphil would also turn my face into an oil slick, even when I would let the lotion set and then wipe off the top layer before priming and doing make up.

This stuff is great. No oiliness, no breakouts, absorbs into my skin in like 2 minutes, instead of 15 like Cetaphil. It's not as moisturizing, but that's okay now that my skin has acclimated to the Retin-A.

I will repurchase over and over.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by naughtymatilda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of this product. I was drawn to it because of the low price and cute ads and packaging, however once applied, it gives my skin a burning sensation, and my skin becomes very red for the new couple hours. I have dry skin, and this did nothing in soothing it, in fact it made my face feel tighter with dryness after using - although I should have known that a gel wouldn't do much, and gone for a richer cream. The fragrance is a bit too strong for me, and the third ingredient is alcohol, which seems strange for something promising to moisturize. I will not be purchasing again. Those with sensitive skin, watch out!