January 31, 2015 | 968 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 3:01:00 PM More reviews by slicedgeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim. I live in a small town and the selection of moisturizers has been pretty small. I'm actually glad this is the one I chose! The only real drawback for me was the packaging. It fell in the sink with a large crash. Didn't break though! I just prefer a more sanitary pump bottle for my moisturisers. As for the product on my face, I love it. I have dry patches and am prone to breakouts about once a month. When I use spot treatments they can leave those patches flakey and dry. This has really helped with the dry spots. It sinks in fast, doesn't leave my face feeling heavy or greasy in any way. The feeling of not wearing a heavy skin cream is something I have had a hard time finding. Looks like I just needed to switch to a gel form!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kayleegean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm gonna start off by saying the smell of this product is like...a plastic-y kind of pear. I know, that sounds kinda weird, but it's got both a pear smell along with a very plastic scent. It also sorta feels plasticy when applying it. I have combo skin with a fairly oily T-zone, and this stuff doesn't necessarily cause more oil than other products, but it takes a lot to help my dry patches. It's an okay product, but I don't think it's for me. There's a gel moisturizer by Clean and Clear that I like way more than this.
Also, I'm not sure if it was this product, or the cleanser I bought along with this, but I got terrible cystic acne on my cheek with using either this product or the cleanser (or maybe both together?), and it's finally going away after using my other cleanser and moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my current night time moisturizer, it's not doing wonders to my skin but it's not bad either. i would recommend if you have normal skin, I have really oily skin and dry patches on my cheeks. you just feel a subtle softness after a while but that's it, i dont like the glass packaging! literally just 5 minutes before writing this review, i was looking thru my organizer then i accidentally arm bumped this and it almost fell !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mcooney1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ill start by saying I have extremely sensitive skin. And my skin type is a dry combo in the winter. I was really worried about this containing fragrance in it, but it has not irritated my skin at all. Love the smell! Very clean and refreshing. The consistency is nice too, the gel cream absorbs into my skin right away. After it dries it feels smooth, not sticky. For being a gel it hydrates well, not all gels add much hydration. I saw some of the other reviews on here stating that it didn't absorb in; I cant help but wonder if those people don't exfoliate regularly. If you don't exfoliate the moisturizer will just sit on the dry dead skin and not soak in. It reminds me of Clinique moisture on call if anyone remembers that stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:41:00 PM More reviews by KittyKittyCupcake

I bought this on a recommendation from someone saying it was a "dupe" for Clinique's moisture surge (which I love, but it's expensive!). I patted this on my skin, after washing with CeraVe foaming cleanser... And OMG, it STUNG! I know I have sensitive skin, but this felt like I put icy hot on my face. So uncomfortable. I tried it once more, the following morning, just to see if it felt any better. Nope. I want nothing more than to wash all the makeup off of my face just to get this off. It's so uncomfortable. Never, ever repurchasing this again. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was just meeehhhh..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product wouldn't be too bad if it were not for the sickeningly sweet fragrance. I tried it as a dupe for H2O+ face oasis. Not so much. I have a feeling it has more silicones also, as it felt too smooth going on, and didn't soak in like I hoped.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think it is just fine for younger skins, or normal skins...it you are older, it isn't nourishing enough, or if your skin is on the dry side..the texture is nice but dries real fast on my skin..would be ok in summer, but persinally , this isn't for me, I need more hydrating...
good for under 30 , or women who like light hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by skittlemesweet20o5

For someone like myself I have combination skin it's super dry at times but can get oily but not crazy oily for years I've tried everything from high end to drug store products nothing worked till I bought this, it's super light weight an help to keep my dryness at bay, although it didn't cure it, which is what I'm essentially looking for, with this somethimes the dryness does come back an i have to reapply, sometimes i can get my makeup smooth most of the time i have to slap it on then apply my powder an then reapply the moisturizer again, thats too many steps so i stick to my vaseline (an after today, my aqauphor, also did a review for that) i still have the green one but just went an bought the pink one today since this weather has my skin going crazy and along with aqauphor it's amazing, by itself I did notice a huge difference as well once I finish the green one I will be sticking to the pink one for dry skin as it works better but amazing product my only problem is the price $10 per jar, for me that's pricey for a drug store product but it works, so, well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturizer for well over a year and I love it. I have combination skin that's sensitive and acne-prone. Prior to using this, the skin around my nose was very dry and inflamed. In fact, I thought I had dry skin because my last moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer) just wasn't cutting it anymore. One day a friend recommended this for those awful flaky, dry patches and I was honestly amazed. It helped immediately, made my skin feel soft, and felt so soothing. It's a gel of course, which seems thick if you're used to thin cream moisturizers, but it sinks right into the skin without a trace. I've never noticed any stickiness. I haven't had any dry patches since I started using it and it's never caused any breakouts. The smell is a bit odd but it fades immediately. I do wish it came in a pump because that would be more sanitary but this works so well that I really don't mind. I've repurchased it multiple times and will continue to use it. The price at my local Wal-Mart is ridiculous at $14 but surprisingly the dollar store carries it for $7.