October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturizer for well over a year and I love it. I have combination skin that's sensitive and acne-prone. Prior to using this, the skin around my nose was very dry and inflamed. In fact, I thought I had dry skin because my last moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer) just wasn't cutting it anymore. One day a friend recommended this for those awful flaky, dry patches and I was honestly amazed. It helped immediately, made my skin feel soft, and felt so soothing. It's a gel of course, which seems thick if you're used to thin cream moisturizers, but it sinks right into the skin without a trace. I've never noticed any stickiness. I haven't had any dry patches since I started using it and it's never caused any breakouts. The smell is a bit odd but it fades immediately. I do wish it came in a pump because that would be more sanitary but this works so well that I really don't mind. I've repurchased it multiple times and will continue to use it. The price at my local Wal-Mart is ridiculous at $14 but surprisingly the dollar store carries it for $7.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just a lightweight moisturizer nothing special.
It does feel cool due to the gel consistency but my skin did not like it.
I wish I did not purchase it. I do not care for a plain moisturizer I like it to have beneficial ingredients for my skin or at least sunscreen.
I think if you are someone who does just want a light weight moisturizer then this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by beccaeddleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Moisturizer is perfect for people with oily skin and don't want something heavy on their face throughout the day. It just sinks into your skin so nice and makes your face feel so soft afterward with no unwanted residue. I think it smells great but I'm not weird about fragrances in my products.

I'm EXTREMELY acne prone and i truly think this HELPS with my breakouts. It contains alcohol so I think that helps to dry them out, yet it never dries out my actual skin. I've had wayyyy less breakouts since i started using this daily. I know my current skincare routine helps too but I've never had a moisturizer feel this good. I was at the point where i wasn't even wearing a moisturizer during the day because everything would make me oily.

I really love this stuff - the smell, the feel, the price, the accessibility to it, even the color makes me feel better putting it on my red face haha.
My secret, which I learned from "ssssamanthaa", it to spritz some sort of liquid onto your face (I switch off between Mario Badescu Rose Water, Josie Maran Rosey Mist, Mac Fix+, and Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray), before you apply the moisturizer. She explained that moisturizer traps moisture that's already on your skin and locks it in throughout the day. Now, I don't know how true that is, but I do know that this moisturizer feels better, sinks in nicer, and applies smoother when my face is misted/damp with some sort of spray. So it's a step i never forget.

I would recommend this moisturizer for people with combo to oily skin. I love the way it feels. It's so lightweight and refreshing. It's worth trying.

P.S. I want to add that if you're struggling with acne and nothing seems to be working, try catering to your skin type instead of trying to treat your acne. It's helped me a hell of a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a month ago, read some negative reviews, tried it once, went "ick" and put it in my drawer. Last night I tried it again out of boredom. This morning my face feels amazing-- all soft and exfoliated.

It's not what you expect in a moisturizer, it may seem a little bracing at first, but it works! I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Megans258

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is seriously one of my favorite products that I've ever used. I love the texture. I've purchased it consistently for the past 3 years. If you have dry skin, I REALLY recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on vacation when I accidentally left my toiletry bag on my bathroom counter at home (needless to say, I was mad). I had bought this for my sister in the past based on Allure magazine naming it the best oil-free moisturizer in October 2010; she liked it (two lippies for her sake). I hated it. I should note that my regular moisturizer is La Mer Moisturizing Gel-Crème so this Garnier moisturizer felt like torture. It was sticky and thick. Not matter how much or little I applied it never absorbed properly and felt sticky. Gross. Plus its fragrance was very synthetic. I ended up skipping moisturizer completely and just going from bare skin to sunscreen (which was drying, but better than sticky). At least this moisturizer didn’t cause a breakout. After returning home and using La Mer again, I gave this to my sister. I won’t buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne and my skin gets dried out from the topical creams I use. This product leaves my skin feeling just as dry as it was before and the smell is TOO STRONG. Smells like garniers hair products so it makes me feel like I'm putting hair products on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Misterdonut

Ugh. Didnt like the smell (very strong) and jar packaging was cheap.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by FitFemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to oily skin, and a bright sunny climate (LA), I have always avoided moisturizer and used sunscreen instead. But I was getting dry patches and really needed a light moisturizer under my sunscreen and makeup. Enter Moisture Rescue! It quite truly came to the rescue! I have used it for a month and my skin looks so pretty. And get this, it even helped with hormonal acne. Because if not moisturizing wasn't bad enough, I was also layering benzoyl peroxide under my sunscreen and makeup. I KNOW. But now I just use this and boom, only two teeny blemishes, and I mean teeny. I will use this stuff forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a super expensive cream for the quantity and the quality. After all, it is just a decoction of chemicals.
One thing I noticed is this cream will create a 'moisture-craving'. I tested this by applying the cream in humid weather, while my face was already hydrated. Sure enough, it added some moisture to the skin.
After some hours, my face dried out quite a lot than before applying the cream the first time, requiring the cream to be reapplied. In short, the cream has some chemicals (probably alcohol variant?) that results in a vicious 'normal->hydrated->more dry->hydrated->even more dry' cycle.

Using aloe gel and rose water works just fine and it does not make my skin drier than it started with. I don't know why folks would want to use this gel cream unless they want to dry out their skin!