April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

My old curling irons suck compared to this! I have thick black asian hair, and this is my HG. The pros are that it heats up suuuper fast, unlike my old one. The heat settings are great for different hair types and different kinds of curls, the hottest one makes my hair really curly like a Lolita doll? but i usually use the second to highest setting and it makes them look like wavy/curly like what most people wear to prom and stuff. This curls your hair instantly! I hold it for 3-5 seconds, and its perfect. Andd it's affordable, i got it for 40 dollars here in Canada, so price may vary. I heard it lasts all day long and it does make my hair shiny and healthy looking. Now cons, when I'm curling my hair i tend to miss the bottom or the very top so i have to recurl that part, so the i feel like it's the wand's shape fault, also i feel like i'm gonna turn it off because my hands are placed where the buttons are. And that's about it! Definetly reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by siarose12

Nice product to use for prom or graduation! I got so many reviews on the curls I made with it! I definitely would recommend you guys buying this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't know that I have much to compare this curler to because the curler I've owned for years was a secondhand Conair that was pretty much useless. It took forever to get hot and I don't think it ever did get hot enough to curl well. I mostly used it if I took out a pincurl set and found a wonky or fallen-straight section.

Anyway, this curler heats up lightning fast. I've only used it on the low setting but it seems to curl quickly -- definitely a fraction of the time the old Conair took. I took it for a spin and hot-curled my entire head for the first time in decades. I like the clampless design -- it feels intuitive to use, like forming pincurls around my fingers, and I really like that it makes it possible for me to curl big chunks of hair if I want a loose messy wave. I don't find it difficult to avoid burning myself at all, and even when I physically hold the ends of my hair close to the hot wand, if the hair becomes hot enough to be uncomfortable for my fingers I know it's heated enough to take it off the wand.

I haven't mastered a technique yet that produces curls/waves as natural as pincurling, but I'm still working on it. One thing I notice is that a lot of instructions specifically advise you to leave the ends uncurled "for a more natural look". This is bad advice, because if you look at the hair of someone with natural curl, the weight of the hair may pull some of the curl into waves further up toward the scalp but the ends are often the curliest part. I don't know anyone with natural waves/curls who suddenly have a straight bit at their ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Basil93

I love this curling wand! It has worked great on both my long and shoulder length hair. I really like how this wand has heat settings so it doesn't get too hot for my damage prone hair. And it leaves my hair looking soft, voluminous and bouncy! I always use it to create fullness and body to my fine and thin hair. It heats up insanely fast and it curls my hair quickly as well! It's so versatile too! I can easily have loose beachy waves, or tight ringlets. It's also the perfect hot tool for adding texture for updos. Long story short, I love this curling wand!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, below my shoulders, wavy/frizzy hair. I've never been able to curl my hair to my satisfaction with curlers, curling irons, or flat irons. You would think that having wavy hair would make it easier to curl, but nope! I always end up with flat, poofball frizz when I attempt to curl my hair, and my natural waves aren't the prettiest, either. Enter the Conair You Curl and OMG it's like new hair!

I'm not very good at wielding curling irons; since they've never given me stellar results I've never felt the need to perfect my technique. With that in mind, I was apprehensive about using this tool. I pictured a few painful burns in my future. Surprisingly, no burns so far and this tool has been fairly simple to use.

First, it heats up quickly- it's ready to use by the time I've applied heat protectant and sectioned my hair. It's also pretty simple to use, I'm just very careful to not let my arm come in contact with the barrel as I'm wrapping the hair. The curls come out gorgeous! Soft and drumroll please....frizz free!!! Even when I had my hair done for my wedding years ago, the stylist who curled it for me didn't manage that trick! And of course you can make them loose and big or ringlets. They last overnight for me, but that could be due to the natural wave I have.

Overall, I'm impressed with how much better this works than a traditional curling iron and it really is easy to use. Fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart and Amazon, too. Like a few other reviewers, I do occasionally accidentally press the buttons on the handle as I'm curling but it doesn't affect the performance of the wand. I absolutely love this little thing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I purchased mine from Ulta. It's okay I feel like my curls never really hold for the long haul compared to my Chi straightener. After an hour so, once I walked to my outdoors and into my car, my hair is pin straight again. I've actually burned myself a couple of times since I'm wrapping my hair around around the barrel. I don't really use it anymore since it takes forever to curl and the curls don't hold.

It's so much faster for me to curl my hair with the Chi flatiron which I also purchased at Ulta for $69.99 after coupons and reward points. I have straight asian hair. The Chi heat is pretty high it holds my curls through out the hot FL humidity with out hair spray. I hate hair spray.

Overall, this is good for beginners who don't know how to use a flatiron to curl and who are attending indoor events and live in a cool environment where humidity doesn't play a factor.

If you do own a powerful flatiron I suggest using that for long lasting curls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

One of my favorite hair tools for getting curly hair! This wand is so amazing, especially for being so inexpensive and from Walmart! It gives me gorgeous curls, heats quickly, and easy to use. This gives a different curl compared to using a curling iron with a clamp or waver, all are beautiful but this is my favorite. The only negative about this wand is sometimes during use I'll accidentally hit the off/on buttons. But not often. The end cord swivels also, so its very convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have thick, fairly long (to my ribcage), mostly straight hair that in general, will not hold a curl. I've tried my mother's and friend's curling irons, my friends have tried to curl my hair with a flat iron, I've tried pin curls, nothing. I'll only get really nice waves if I put my hair in french braids sleep on them, and aside from being a little annoying to do all the time, they would often come out frizzy. So I kind of gave up on having nice waves or curls ever and learned to wear my hair naturally, straightening it once in a while.

Enter this. My roommate is one of those women who takes impeccable care of her appearance (more effort than I have, ahaha), and one day she curled her hair and I remembered how gorgeous curly waves can look, so I did a little bit of internet research, finally settling on the You Curl. I ordered it off Amazon for maybe 22 dollars?? Which isn't bad at all, and I think much cheaper than a lot of other places were selling it. It came in just a few days and as soon as it came, I sprayed my hair with heat protectant and opened it.

It's a nice looking wand, with a cool red handle. Once my hair was totally dry, I turned this on, and then by the time I brushed my hair out, it was hot (I set it at 360 degrees). I held the wand upside down and curled my hair around it. Now, other people have had problems with the on/off button, and while I can see why they would, maybe because I have small hands but I didn't have this problem. The problem I did have was that because I held it upside down and because the barrel is tapered, my hair would slip down towards the end. I looked on youtube and many people wrapped a section of hair at the beginning and physically held it with their fingers, which I may try. It didn't ruin the curls or anything, but they came out less 'perfect' as they would've had I not had this problem- this is a minor thing, the more I use it, the better I'll get with technique, I'm sure.

It took me roughly less than 20 minutes to curl my whole head, even with the problems I had, the fact that I was being careful because I didn't use the glove, the fact that it was my first time using a curler in years let alone a curling wand, and the fact that I was watching a movie while doing my hair. So, I'd say if I was doing it in a pinch in the morning, it would take maybe 10 minutes to do my whole head. You really don't need to keep it on the wand for more than 5-8 seconds.

The first night I had gorgeous, uniform wavy curls that were shiny and FULL of body. Which was great, because I went out. Then at night, I pulled it into a ponytail and went to sleep, surprised my curls had lasted that long already and not really expecting to see them in the morning. When I woke up though- nope! They were still there, bouncy and thick.

I will say that when I woke up it was more like dramatic waves than curls, so when you style your hair should depend on what kind of look you want- if you want sexy bedhead waves, sleep on your curls, if you want gorgeous put together wavy curls, do it right before you go out.

Because I only wash and style my hair twice a week, don't dye my hair, and always use a heat protectant, my hair isn't too damaged, and this wand gives me amazing amazing hair that LASTS for 3+ days. I can't recommend it enough.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

This is the first curling wand I've ever purchased and I don't think ill ever need to buy another one. It's a good price for what you get. I love the curls I get with it. My hair looks perfect every time I use it. I think the best part is it actually holds my curl. With curling irons and rollers the curl only last maybe 2 hours in my hair. With this wand my curls will last for days. Best curling tool I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Karina24Lopez

I think the Conair You Curl wand is an amazing hair curler! I have had many failed attempts in the past with other clamp curlers and they just never seemed to work for me. My curls would turn out terrible, but with the wand they turned out amazing. Even on my first try using it they turned out pretty and way better than all the times I have tried using past curlers combined. I was quite in- talented when it came to curling my hair but now with the Conair You Curl I can actually curl my hair and it will look good.(: It does have a learning curve and after watching videos on YouTube I learned curling upside down produces better curls. This curler cost me about $27 including tax so I think it was well worth the money and I would definitely buy again. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great curler that gets the job done.(: