Bobbi Brown Mauve Shimmer Gloss Stick

4.4

I have never tried the shimmer gloss stick, but I am glad I did. Mauve is a YLBB shade on me and can be layered for more color. The color does stay put on me, unlike other reviewers. It did not smudge or budge through several hours and cups of coffee. I like the fact that is has SPF in it since I am in the sun. The one thing I do not like is the tip is flat--not slanted. I prefer a slanted applicator tip, but I'll manage. For a nice day look and something that will blend with most colors, I recommend mauve. For reference: I have a med. skin tone, brown hair, and blue/green eyes.

on 8/4/2005 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Bobbi's Shimmer Gloss Sticks are a disappointment. Mauve is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL color. When it first goes on it's really pretty, but it disappears in two minutes! All of these shimmer gloss sticks disappear in two minutes and then your lips feel dry. It's a waste of money to have to keep applying and applying. This formula needs more staying power or more substance to it. Besides Mauve, Burnt Sugar is pretty and so is Sandshell, otherwise they are all very grey looking. I thought that grey lips look went out in the eighties?

on 3/31/2005 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've got medium/tanned skin, dark hair and dark eyes (MAC C40), and this lipstick looks great on me! I love how its so subdued - just the right amount of color and shimmer! In fact, I'm wearing it right now - I haven't been wearing it lately and rediscovered how much I like it. Would definitely recommend to you medium/tanned ladies out there!

on 3/26/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Extremely gorgeous, light shimmer gloss in a rose-mauve shade, a very *my lips but much better* look! I love it. So pretty and everyday wearable.

on 8/13/2004 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looks really flattering on me (MMM with olive undertones).
It's sheer and doesn't look too made up.
Lasts a long time, and even after drinking, eating or kissing a hint of color remains (so pretty!).
It leaves lips very soft.

on 7/3/2004 3:29:00 PM

This is a gorgeous product and my new favorite lipstick. I like it even better than the MAC lustres and would purchase many more if they had a better color selection. It applies smoothly like silk, is moisturizing and looks light and sheer on. Mauve is a coolish medium pink on me with a bit of a sheen due to the slight shimmer.

on 6/26/2004 9:32:00 AM

This is my favorite of all the shimmer gloss sticks. It is a light pink with some body to it on me. My everyday, at my desk, touch-up color. It lasts reasonably long if you do not eat or drink. Very moisurizing. I would (and have)purchase again. I was not too crazy about the Copper Red, Burnt Sugar or Cherry Cognac versions. Just did not have the same effect on me. It is for people who want a lipgloss look that is not too sticky or goopy.

on 6/25/2004 9:00:00 PM

I have to say I really love this color. I tried this without expecting much by it really looks flattering on me. It is a shimmering glossy mauve stain to my nonpigmented lips. I am a bb sand/warm sand, NC25.

on 5/17/2004 10:40:00 AM

Obviously I love BB...you can tell when you see all the reviews I have done on her fabulous products...however, this lipstick isn't the BEST I have ever tried. I love the sheer color but I really think the products texture could be a little thicker and I wish that the tube was different because it always looks so smeary since it's shiny black plastic and attracts finger prints everytime you pick it up. It's funny, BB started her line with just a few lipsticks, and in my opinion I think that is her weakest product, besides the lip tints. Oh well. Her stuff is otherwise flawless if you ask me!

on 4/17/2004 12:51:00 AM

This is definitely one of my favorites-- so sheer , and shiny yet much easier to control than a gloss wand. It looks natural and feels light on lips for a perfect daytime look. I know others love its natural mauvy color too-- the counter where I shop runs out of it and mauve lip shine (my other fave) all too frequently!!

Popular Lipsticks