October 22, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by tripleb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, one of the best things you can buy if you can dry/cracked lips! This stuff works miracles for my lips. I use a generous amount before I go to bed (as my lips are always dry and cracked by the end of the day) and in the morning they are smooth and supple! The mango tastes really nice too. I bought it online on sale for $5, not sure how much it costs in stores but it was a pretty good deal for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Nyarlathotep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I picked up one of these last Saturday. I've gotta say, I'm impressed! I'm a huge mango lover, so that nice, tangy smell is a delight every time I pop the lid off. I'm sort of addicted to putting it on; the first time I used it, I found myself applying it for two or three minutes straight before I decided that I should stop lol. It doesn't have a waxy texture, it's definitely smooth and buttery (duh), and I love it. I've noticed that my lips are softer and not as dry. Overall, this is a win for me, and I will definitely be repurchasing. Very happy with this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I loved this at first. It feels good on the lips. I am a lip balm junky, so I was stoked when this became my favorite. BUT, as time went on my lips got worse. I have dry lips, sometimes that chap. They started to peel and get really chapped. I thought maybe I need to drink more water. THen I lost this, and got a regular chapstick because I was broke and they are only a buck at walmart. WEll, as soon as I stopped using this, my lips magically stopping peeling. So sadly, this just did not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- scent

CONS

- does not moisturize
- greasy

COMMENTS: I don't find this moisturizing. It has a thin, greasy texture that I didn't care for. The good news? It smells great.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

This is my second fave Burt's Bees chapstick. It goes on incredibly smooth and leaves a bit of a shine, I think because of the Mango Butter listed in the ingredients. It definitely has that Mango smell-the real kind, not the fake sugary smell found in Mango scented Bath and Body Works fragrances/products. I also find that when the product does come off of my lips, they are left smooth and nourished-just like the packaging promises.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I cannot stand the smell or feel of Chapstick, I don't find the minty tingle of mentholated or "medicated" lip balms to be comfortable or beneficial to my lips, and I really don't want a lip balm with petroleum (which seems to be almost all of them). So when I came across Burt's Bees and read the ingredients list I was happy to pay the extra cost. I paid AU$6.95 per tube.

I only had enough money for 2 when I was at the shop and to be honest I was a little overwhelmed at the range of products available, so spent a good 10 minutes reading ingredients and comparing tubes. There were no descriptions next to each tube display, so to pick one you had to read the ingredients or just go for a scent you like. I ended up buying this Mango Butter one because of the natural ingredients, but moreso because of the "Nourishing" title.

The tube was sealed with an easy peel safety sticker, so I didn't actually get to smell it but once I opened the tube it doesn't really smell like mango. It just smells like some kind of synthetic generic fruity scent. I really appreciate the safety seal on the packaging, considering these balms are free standing on display. The sticker peels off really smoothly and doesn't leave a sticky residue on the tube. That's my #1 hate with product packaging - a sticker that takes the name of the product off with it, or leaves a sticky residue that attracts everything in your handbag.

This Mango Butter lip balm is moisturising on the lips, it offers instant hydrating relief to dry or chapped lips when applied without feeling greasy or slick, and also doesn't feel too thick and waxy. The moisture does hang around for a while after the balm wears off, and this fact alone completely justifies the higher price for me. The 2 BB balms I've tried are like moisturiser for my lips. I'll use this during the day and it wears off through eating & drinking, but my lips still feel hydrated. I especially love using this as a night treatment. After washing my face, I'll swipe this over my lips only twice and when I wake up my lips feel soft and hydrated.

I really love how hydrating this lip balm is, but I'm not crazy about the scent. It already smells a bit weird to me, and I imagine it's one of those scents that will reek like vomit once the product is nearing the end of its shelf life and starting to go off. I'll continue to use this til it's finished (hopefully before the stink kicks in!) and try a different variation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Soft mango smell which I love but this really isn't moisturising enough! I'm constantly reapplying yet my lips are still dry ):

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best I just bought mine and I can say they are fresh on the lips, I love the smell, I used it as a night treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the product smells nice at first but after a while it smell kind of waxy,not the best moisturizer on the market

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!! I have 2 so far. I feel like I need one in my purse, my car, my room, etc. The packaging is a normal stick lip balm type package. This lip balm smells nice and feels nice on the lips. It's not sticky or greasy. The formulation is smooth. Burt's Bees did well on this product :) I will definitely be buying this again.