January 30, 2015 | 1239 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2015 4:26:00 PM More reviews by JLone7

Ok, the colours are nice. They have good pigment. BUT I really don't think this palette is anything special. These colours or something very similar can be easily found at cheaper prices. Not worth the hype (or the cost)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2015 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MrsMustangWriter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So over this cult-following stuff. This eyeshadow is pretty in the pan but the fall-out is enormous. Not to mention, traveling with this massive palette is really difficult because they simply don't hold up. All three of my Naked palettes have failed me with fall out and overall quality. For the cost, there are much better shadows to be had. LORAC is a cult brand that delivers and has nicely constructed palettes that are travel friendly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by annabelmarie

The packaging is absolutely beautiful and the palette in general definitely lives up to the hype. It has the loveliest range of colours to suit any skin tone. The shadows are all the perfect consistency as they generally stay on your eyelids all day, especially with the help of the urban decay primers. Personally I think this is my definite favourite of the three naked palettes. I think it is definitely worth the money if you enjoy applying and wearing eyeshadow and want to have a perfect neutral palette :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:59:00 PM More reviews by allykat1339

I love this eyeshadow palette so much! Colors are buttery, bendable and just gorgeous. Totally worth it despite the crazy price. I loved the Naked palette that I bought the Naked Basics palette (love it) and just ordered the Naked 3!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:14:00 AM More reviews by PetaMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing! The colors are super pigmented, they are buttery, perfect on every skintone, stay all day on the lid, they blend easily and you can create a lot of looks with this one palette. I love the matt colors, because they are perfect on the crease and even to fill in your eyebrows. The last two colors can be used as eyeliner. This is the only thing i bring with me when I'm travelling. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it for 12 eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ness321

This palette lives up to the hype. I own this and the naked 3, both are beautiful but I do get more use out of this one. The packaging could definitely be better like the naked 2 and 3 to make it more travel friendly. But I just wrap a hair band around it to keep the lid secure and I've never had any issues. I spent a lot of time debating whether to get this or the naked 2, it really is about personal preference and I think I'd have been just as happy with either. But you definitely don't need both. I've owned this for nearly two years now (using it regularly) and all the shades are still great, so I doubt I will need to repurchase any time soon. But if I lost this palette, I would but it again immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Inhibitedmonochrome

This was my very first eyeshadow palette, and I was really hoping it would live up to the hype! To be fair, the colours are very well matched, pigmented and go on smooth and blendable.

I have really tan asian skin, however, and this palette has too many colours that are almost invisible on my skin tone. I love the warm tones in this palette, but it is really difficult to create a complete look with this palette. there are highlights and dark shades, but only really one transition/medium shade (it's called naked). If you have lighter asian skin tone, however, this palette would complement your skin tone nicely.

This palette is on the pricier side, but for 12 shadows from Urban Decay, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. The quality of the shadows is great!

I have a love hate relationship with the packaging of this palette. On one hand, I absolutely love the feel of velvet. On the other hand, the closure of this palette and its sturdiness are not what I expected from Urban Decay. The magnetic closure isn't particularly strong, making it not an ideal choice for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really thought this was going to not live up to the hype and that I would return it. Nope. Wrong. Totally worth the absurd amount of money that i scrounged together to pay for it. Replaces every other color in my bag. Great for glam, neutral, smoky, and natural looks. Saturation really is better with UB's eye primer, but even without I think this is crazy good quality. Pigmented, long lasting, etc. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by February_Starr

I am a huge fan of warm neutral shadows so this palette is perfect for me. Mine came with an eyeshadow brush which I use to apply color into my crease and on the lid (because of it's flat design I don't find it useful for blending). All of the colors are highly pigmented and buttery which makes blending easy. Prior to purchasing the Naked palette, I primarily used MAC shadows but now I prefer UD as I think the quality is nicer.

Despite how much I like this palette, there are a few drawbacks for me. First, all but 2 (Naked and Buck) of the shadows are shimmery, and I prefer to use both matte and shimmery shades in my everyday look so this isn't a 'complete' palette for me. Second is the packaging. The velvet case is pretty but traveling with it isn't ideal because it tends to get dirty and scuffed up in my makeup bag. I do like that it contains a mirror but wish that it was made of something other than cardboard. Lastly is the fall out. I find the darker shades (pretty much everything to the right of Smog) tend to have a lot of fall out on my cheeks.

Still, I like this palette and think the value is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by BlueSeaHorse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say these palettes are the best eyeshadow palettes I've ever used!! Yes they are pricey but they are worth every penny!! The pigmentation is unbelievably good, they blend super easy and the colors are wearable for any occasion. If you can only afford one or at least one for the moment I would highly suggest you buying the first one because it has the best neutral colors. I have all three of them. All three of them are very different. The first one has neutral gorgeous colors, the second one also has neutral colors and also has pearl and gold-ish colors and the third one has pink and plum colors. If you are saving money to buy a good quality eyeshadow palette don't hesitate to buy one of these!! You wont be disappointed!!