July 23, 2014 | 2198 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I bought it at my local grocery store because there was a promotion on it for only $8.99. I chose the color Light Ivory and am really glad I did. I'm pretty pale but also warm-toned. This foundation is reasonably yellow-toned, which makes me really happy. Usually drugstore foundations are too pink. I've worn this to work all day a few times and it didn't oxidize at all, so the color stayed perfect and never got orange.

The consistency is unique. It reminds me of a lot of higher end foundations you'll find at the Macy's counter. I use a flat paddle foundation brush to apply and it blends in wonderfully. It evens out redness I have around the creases of my nose and mouth, and camouflages most of my hyperpigmentation. I don't use a primer, just a good moisturizer underneath.

Another positive is sunscreen. I haven't seen how it photographs in flash yet to see if it leaves a white cast, but that doesn't bother me too much anyway.

I haven't found anything negative about this. I'm a little acne-prone but I haven't noticed any new breakouts yet. Maybe it's possible the retinol and vitamin C in it help my skin in that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have ever used the lightest shade is a perfect match for my pale skin it is neither to pink nor to yellow on me which can be a serious deal breaker for me with most foundations I have used from low to high end this is simply amazing and it goes on like a dream leaving my skin glowy from within.with just the right amount of coverage without a cakey finish love this and I think its the best ever foundation I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Rjf130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a good dupe for the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer though it is a bit more coverage. This foundation is a little hard to blend but gives a very natural and glowy finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by areles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered in a panic last summer that my HG foundation - Estée Lauder Double Matte - was abruptly discontinued, and quickly called every Macys in the country to buy nearly a year's supply, as I knew it would take ages for me to find a suitable replacement for my red, combination-leaning-toward-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. With the DM, no one could ever tell I had bad skin; however, since most women don't want the full coverage I desperately need (setting aside the fact I also need something with a yellow base to neutralize the red and something that won't irritate my skin or cause a massive cystic breakout), and don't like the matte coverage I happen to prefer, and therefore that combination of foundation qualities is difficult to find because it simply doesn't sell, I knew it would be a long and arduous search.

I should point out that even though the Double Matte was my holy grail, it still wasn't perfect. It lasted throughout most of a workday, and the coverage was spectacular, but the shade wasn't exactly perfect. Further, it had a tendency to oxidize, especially if my skin was particularly dry or oily that day. So it wasn't perfect, but after years of hunting, it was as close as I could get, considering all the things I needed in a makeup.

ANYWAY, realizing a couple of weeks ago that I had exactly enough DM left to last till November and nowhere near finding a replacement for ongoing future use, I decided to test a drugstore brand for use on the weekends, at least, to preserve my HG stash.

Enter, Visible Lift. Historically, L'oreal is the only drugstore brand I'll touch, so of course that's where I looked first. Although I was nervous about slathering my face with a new product, least of all one designed for aging skin (though I'm 40, I tend to avoid products like these due to the fact they tend to be over-oily and slide off my face - right before they cause a horrible breakout), I hunkered down and gave it a shot.

So, backstory aside, the review:

I was astonished by the coverage (bear in mind, I use latex-free makeup sponges, which automatically allow for better coverage than fingertip application), which was nearly as good as the Estée Lauder. I was astonished by the fact that the shade (light ivory) managed to neutralize the red in my face, which I've never managed to get a hold of in any other foundation regardless of the brand or shade. The fact that the light ivory did so without making me look like a ghost was especially surprising. And after I finished applying, I was further astonished by how dewy and youthful my skin looked, and how natural the shade was. For the first time in 15 years, I looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. My skin looked so much better that my husband noticed instantly, asking me, "wow, your skin looks amazing right now; what did you do?"

Now, the downside. It did feel somewhat heavy for the first half hour after application, and it did cause my skin to tingle slightly. After 30 minutes or so, both effects died down to the point I stopped noticing... but within three hours - as I expected - it was sliding off my face, and it was caked into fine lines beneath my eyes and around my mouth that I hadn't even realized I had. Throughout the afternoon, I'd noticed significant transfer - to my husband's shirt, to my cell phone. All told, I wore it for three hours, by which time it was melting off my nose, forehead, and chin.

So I chalked it up as a good weekend foundation for short events, and let it go. $14, who cares.

BUT - two reviews for the price of one, here - yesterday I tried it again, this time paired with Becca Ever-Matte primer... and if I don't break out from either one (time will tell), I may have just found my holy grail combination.

In concert with the Ever-Matte, I still received the beautiful, dewy coverage from the first trial run, but this time, that coverage lasted twelve hours with absolutely no touchups. The heavy feeling was gone in the beginning, as well - within minutes I'd forgotten I was even wearing it. And I was amazed when I checked the mirror at 5p and my face looked exactly as it had at 7:30a. There was no sign of oil, no sign of caking, no rubbed off areas (not even on my nose!), and no oxidation whatsoever. When I finally washed my face at around 8p, it still looked flawless, a creamy dewy ivory.

So in summary - this proved, for me, to be an excellent medium to full coverage foundation, which, when paired with a good primer, affords critical lasting power without oxidation. Now, to see if it breaks me out.

Three lippies for packaging (the pump others have mentioned) and the fact it basically requires a primer to be effective.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found my skin shifting from combination oily to dry when I turned 35. Out of all the liquid foundations I tried, both high end and drugstore this is the one that performs consistently for me. Coverage is medium, it doesn't settle into my fine lines, doesn't aggravate my dry skin or my eczema and it photographs beautifully. It just leaves me with a beautiful smooth complexion and a glow to my skin that lasts all day without caking or creasing. The only "touch-up" I do is blot my t-zone mid day. I use the shade Sun Beige and it's a perfect match for my skin tone. I don't use this everyday, recently I've switched to BB Creams for day to day use but when I use foundation (more for when I go into the office) I reach for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sulfa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear powder foundations for everyday, but wear this L'Oreal liquid for some special occasions. The color "nude beige" is great for my Greek, light-to-medium, olive-toned skin (NC 25ish). It evens out my skin tone really well, then I just use concealer for blemishes and set it all with powder. Other foundations tend to accentuate my dry patches and pores, but this stays looking pretty good for at least eight hours-- without a primer (at least now in the winter)! Bonus: Doesn't break me out! Minus one lippy for getting a little flakey around my nose and chin by the end of the night.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, was skeptical because I have very oil skin but this stayed on beautifully for 5+ hours. Goes on nice,covers perfectly..shade does not look orange. This foundation if blended properly looks like your nit even wearing foundation, very natural and very nice coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I don't know how I missed this foundation (since there are a million reviews for it here), but this is working really well for me! Soft Ivory is a really close match to my natural skintone, and is not too pink nor too yellow. This looks and feels great, and is very flattering on my combination skin. It doesn't settle in pores and it doesn't emphasize my fine lines. I either blend it with a dry stipple brush, or just put it on with my fingertips if I want more coverage (it's very blendable and you can build coverage easily). It also lasts well for me - I maybe touch it up w/some powder once during the day, but nothing smeary or worn off or cracking. I have no idea about it having "age reversing" ingredients or if they are doing anything for me, but it looks good on and my skin likes it, and that's good enough for me! I also like the bottle and the pump on this. This really reminds me of much more expensive foundations - I will definitely buy this one again. Wish I had discovered this sooner!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Temperanza

This foundation caked all up on my (now) combination skin. It also made my skin peel and creased very badly. What I found weird too, was that it made my pores look huge.
If you have dry to combo skin, i wouldn't recommend it.
It is pricey for a drugstore brand, so i found it to be a big dissappointment. Love Lumi and truematch more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

For a drugstore foundation, this is very decent. Call me simple, but I always appreciate sturdy packaging and a pump. So many drugstore foundations get messy quickly and waste product because they don't have a pump! *small victory*

But okay, back to the substance : ) The formula is medium coverage (can be layered for full coverage - I don't usually require concealer with my acne scarring on my cheeks when I wear this, just stipple it on). It dries down to a satin-matte finish, similar to MAC Studio Sculpt (but without alot of the issues that foundation has). It wears well - I don't have problems with oxidation, the foundation going patchy, or becoming an oil slick on my forehead. Additionally, it's one of the few drugstore foundations that is a "real" skin color and a great match for my natural skin tone (Soft Ivory). It has a pink tint without going full-blast peach. It actually dries slightly lighter and more neutral than it looks when first out of the pump.

So why four stars and not five? The only reason is that I wish I had the same coverage, wear, packaging, and shade but in a more "realistic-skin looking" finish. How it feels on my skin does sometimes remind me that I'm wearing make up. It's definitely one of the best drugstore foundations I have found to date, but it's not the Holy Grail product I have in my mind that I will know "is the one." I only like to give 5s to products that are so good and that I am so content with, that I pretty much stop lemming similar products. This foundation is good, but I can't fully commit to it because I want a more skin-like finish.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No