December 20, 2014 | 1084 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation since the weather turned cold. While I am generally not a fan of liquid foundation, or of foundation at all, I like this for several reasons:

1) Coverage for moderate rosacea. I have cheeks that have a tendency to become beet red (along with my chin) and this does a good job of covering it. It's not 100%, but looks pretty decent with only 1 pump for my entire face.
2) Coverage for melasma. I have melasma marks where my face meets my neck--this takes care of the problem.
3) Amount needed to cover. I could put more than one pump on, but, as I said, I am not a fan of foundation--using a small amount works.
4) Consistency. This seems to have a fairly light consistency, and is quite spreadable. It takes a few seconds to dry (unlike Revlon Colorstay) so you can get the product where you need it most.
5) Formulation. I appreciate the anti-aging products in this formula, although I don't really know if there is enough of anything to make a huge difference.
6) Finish. I love, love, love the satin finish. As a 56 year old woman, it's nice to have youthful skin looking back at you when you use this!
5) Pump. I am not a fan of pouring foundation all over my hand (I'm kind of kutzy that way). The pump allows me to use just a small amount, without waste. Yes, it would be good if the pump were effective all the way to the botom of the container, but I can live with it.
6) Sunscreen. Uses a physical sunscreen, the only type of sunscreen that I am not allergic to.
8) Color. I use creamy natural. Lorealparisusa.com has a nice tool for finding the right shade.
9) Moisture content. Not super moisturzing, which works for both the extremely dry areas of my face (I layer moisture underneath) and oily tzone (no moisture underneath).
10) Application. I haven't tried using a brush or sponge, but it's fine with my fingers. May try it using other methods down the road.

What I don't like:
1) The pump is too short! (See #6 above.)
2) I would love to see a sqeeze tube container for travel.
3) Sinks into pores. This can be effectively remedied with the use of a primer.
4) Not super long-lasting, but use of a primer and setting spray will extend wear significantly.
5) L'Oreal STILL TESTS ON ANIMALS. Get with the program, L'OREAL! (And don't start outsourcing it just to be able to say that you don't test on animals.)
6) I don't know how usable this will be for summer; however I often go simply with tinted moisturizer at that time of year. We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I missed giving this 5 lippies because it can look a bit heavy. However this is an excellent product otherwise in the anti aging /mature skin cosmetic market. It will make one's complexion look like fine porcelain but it only lasts for 5-6 hours and not much for humidity. Definitely requires the use of a setting powder, which helps it last lo .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by taiyatbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes I am updating after only a few hours. My app won't let me edit my first. I must say that this has amazing staying power and DOES NOT TRANSFER ! At all! I think I just over exfoliated my skin because even my HG isn't looking to hot.. I think this is serious competition with my revlon colorstay liquid. As I said before , in dehydrated skin it will emphasize the texture and if you don't properly rub it into pores it will accentuate them. Great color selection . Yay pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Babydolly01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I applied this foundation in the sand beige shade around 7:30 am today, and came back home from work around 4pm. I took a look at my face in the mirror & my face still looked gorgeous & flawless!!!! It actually does blur out fine lines around my mouth area :D which no other foundation has ever done even though they claim they do!!!! This stuff is amazing!!! No oily nose or nothing! I don't know if its supposed to control oil but it did a great job at staying really beautifully matte. This foundation gave me excellent full coverage & was a bit thick which I like but does not feel heavy. May not be for those who like "natural looking" makeup. I do love to cake my face with makeup. Might go natural looking with a sponge. I usually use an NC 35/NC 37 in MAC foundations. I feel this has surpassed all my higher end foundations( Lancôme teint idol, Estée double wear, Mac Pro long wear & mac studio fix, mufe hd, etc) Got this at a great price at rite aid for 40% off $15.29 plus I had a $2 coupon for loreal!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup didn't work well for my skin. It feels hydrating when applied, but didn't care for the light, watery texture.

Coverage is horrid. It doesn't even skin tone. Even if one doesn't need a little help from foundation with their skin tone, this will cause an uneven finish. It just doesn't apply evenly on the face. I use a color corrector, but finish will not look flawlessly even steven unless foundation gives it a boost. Nope, not with this makeup. Skin, whether red undertone part of face, or non problem area, will shine through on various parts of my face. Needless to say the finish looks uneven and blotchy.

My search continues for a drugstore foundation. Currently wear Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting Creme Makeup, but am growing more dissatisfied with the perfumed scent and finish. Looking for a more natural coverage. I know, I know……I'm so picky when it comes to foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flutterby8i8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, combination dry/oily skin with warm undertone, but pink cheeks. My cheeks tend to get powdery dry skin with an oil slick nose. I have slightly darker circles under my eyes and one irritating age spot on one cheek. I purchased this foundation because my co-worker wears it in our occasionaly steamy, heavy lifting filled, very active job. Her makeup always looks fabulous.

Shade 144, light ivory, is both light enough, and warm enough for my fair skin. This looks satiny on my skin, does not highlight the dry skin on my cheeks, and stays moderately well on my very oily nose. It almost completely covers my age spot and camouflages my dark circles. My fine lines around my eyes are softened and it does not settle into my lines on my forehead. I *DO* use a primer on my nose as I always have to deal with makeup sliding off if I use one that is moisturizing enough to accommodate for my dry cheeks. This has lasted me all day, a rare feat for me!

Overall, 4 lippies as it does still slide off my nose. Price is a little on the high end for a drugstore foundation, but not out of the ballpark. Packaging gets 5 lippies as it has a pump dispenser!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a cream consistency that blends well drying to a finish inbetween dewy & matte. The color selection is a good range & price is reasonable. The formula is supposed to help with aging like uneven skin tone & lines. I didn't use it long enough to notice a difference. I had to stop using it because my skin reacts unkindly to silicone & especially paraben which are in this foundation. I developed a big painful swollen cystic area & clogs, so stopped using it. I wouldn't recommend to acne-prone or only skinned people.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations, particularly for the cooler months. I live in FL, so this foundation does not fare too well in our sweltering, humid weather, since it is a moisturizing foundation.
Have they changed the colors slightly? I always buy the color Nude Beige in every L'oreal foundation, which is W3 in the True Match line. When I got this foundation in Nude Beige in the past, it was a perfect match. But, the one I have now is a shade darker. Maybe because it has been exposed to light, through the clear glass bottle? The next time I'm in the store, I'll have to check out this color, to see if indeed they did change the color.
Regardless, I picked up the Soft Ivory color to mix w/ Nude Beige, which gives a perfect match. It's also great for highlighting!
I love the idea of the retinol, yet doubt it contains enough to make a real difference. I have enough retinol in my skin care routine, but, again, I just like the idea of my foundation having it, too.
Overall, this foundation has good, medium coverage. It leaves such a beautiful silky (not exactly "satin") finish. It does have a dewiness, but not a Lumi dewy. It's a simple, soft glow of beautiful, healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is SO BEAUTIFUL! I used it two years ago but wanted to try another foundation so I started using other products and forgot about the serum absolute. Recently I picked this up again because I thought I used to love it, and of course I do! My skin is dry but not typically flaky. This makeup looks like a satin finish, not totally dewy which is great because I don't like dewy skin. It gives your skin a natural, from within glow which is the ONLY foundation I've ever found to look like this without being overly shiny. The first day I wore it the cashier at the store told me how great my skin looked, which sealed the deal for me! Its in my top 2 favorite foundations with the Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 which has more of a matte finish, This makeup isn't sparkly or shimmery at all which is good because since it is marketed as an anti aging foundation, that is always a concern.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by JSFrevel

Add another rave for this foundation! It's excellent and worth trying. Nice, light to medium coverage, fresh look that doesn't get greasy and the luminous aspect is muted but just enough to save you from looking "flat" or dull. It's now my first choice foundation. Lasts about 5 hours and doesn't oxidize and in pictures looks very good-- doesn't skew white or gray. Definitely will re-purchase.