October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by vgarcia2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! I am beyond impressed with this mascara! I am a little mascara snob but since I rarely use waterproof, I decided to purchase a drugstore brand for a recent cruise I went on. The mascara thickened, lengthened and was jet black! it was love at first stroke. I always wear falsies and this mascara did a great job of making my eyes pop and the curl was on point! I did curl my lashes after the mascara dried. One thing is, this mascara is sooo hard to remove but that is why its waterproof. I went swimming in the ocean, pool and I was in a hot and humid area and it did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this mascara! I bought it about a week ago and it's amazing. My eyelashes aren't especially short or sparse but they are incredibly straight, as in they have never, ever held a curl. With my last mascara (Benefits They're Real! believe it or not), I would heat my eyelash curler, curl my lashes, apply the mascara, wait for it to dry, and then heat the curler and curl them again. And even that didn't last very long or look very impressive. But this has made a world of difference. I still heat my curler but once I apply this mascara, my lashes stay beautifully curled. It also adds a decent amount of length and volume in my opinion but of course it doesn't actually make your lashes look like you're wearing falsies. But overall, I'd say this is a great mascara (especially for the price) and I will definitely be purchasing it again. The only negative thing I have to say is that it is INCREDIBLY hard to remove but since it's waterproof, it should be.

Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Length: 3/5
Volume: 3/5
Curl: 5/5
Color: 5/5
Waterproof: 5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently got this mascara because my waterproof maybelline full n soft dried up. I do like this mascara as it keeps my lashes curled and doesn't smudge or flake on me. However, like many other waterproof mascaras it is incredibly hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like this line of mascaras. All of them, or at least the waterproof.
I like that this one seems to make my lashes a bit longer looking than the flared version. I do not know what it is but they seem a but more lengthened, and flirty looking. With the flared I get more depth and volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Ritzaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this mascara many times and can honestly say it sucks. I have pretty long lashes but they are as straight as they can get. I have really been on a hunt to find a mascara that will hold my curl and not kill it. This mascara just doesn't do that for me. I will curl my lashes and as soon as this mascara touches my lashes, it's as if i never even curled them!! So annoying. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is it's very dark and I like that but I would not repurchase this again. Will keep looking..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

I am definitely in the minority of people who don't like this mascara, but for me it completely drops my curl and clumps my lashes together. I have pretty long, lush lashes and it manages to make me look like I have five sticks for eyelashes. Do not recommend for girls who need a mascara to hold their curl all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by beccaaaboo

Recently I've been on a hunt for my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, which lead me to do lots of research and watch a lot of reviews on different ones. I bought Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara and loved it (although I wanted one that was actually waterproof) and I used up the whole tube. Since I had already formed an opinion on Clump Crusher, I thought I'd give this one a try. I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. At first, I thought this mascara was amazing (I bought it in the black-brown shade), it gave me the water resistance that clump crusher lacked, but after a while of using this product, I discovered many flaws in it. so let me just recap for you;

(Pros.)
WATER PROOF
Lots of volume
Provides Length
Can be very dramatic, depending on how many layers you put on
Lasts all day

(Cons.)
RACOON EYES.
Impossible to wash off (I appreciate the waterproof-ness of this product, but really? It required soo much scrubbing and made eyelashes fall out ):
Doesn't exactly hold a curl well
SO MUCH CLUMPING

All in all this product didn't exactly give me the illusion of "falsies" but it lived up to it's waterproof claim. Although this is not my "holy grail" drugstore mascara, I would repurchase this again to put on top of another mascara for its volume, but not as a stand-alone mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mcgfan

Love! I have been using this for years and will continue to rebuy. Can't beat the price and quality. It makes my lashes full and long. I love the curved brush. I wear it in the darkest black.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RACOON EYES!! This mascara gave me racoon eyes within 2 hours, and full on panda eyes after 7 hours. Meant to be waterproof, but I am not impressed. Save your money folks

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

If you are looking for a budget mascara then give a try to 'Maybelline's the falsies volume mascara'.. it defines lashes perfectly, gives them volume and length too... check out price and detailed review at http://www.brideeveryday.com/maybelline-the-falsies-volum-express-waterproof-mascara-review-swatch