November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by msnola

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Agree with Vickie34. I used to own this and remembered that I liked it and couldn't remember why I stopped buying it. So, bought it again and now I remember. Nice volume. Looks great for about 30 seconds. Then my nicely curled lashes flatten out to straight. Over the remainder of the day, panda eyes set in. My oily lids just cannot take this mascara. I wind up with little black dots all over by upper lids. If you are dry lidded and have naturally curly lashes, this would be great. Otherwise, give a pass. Hard to believe that this is waterproof - sure doesn't act like it in the curling dept.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lcheramie1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite mascaras. I prefer waterproof formulas because my lashes can be difficult to curl, and this does the trick. Not really a "wow factor" or anything but adds decent volume and holds a curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Taylynnwatkins

This is my fav mascara of all mascaras! Now it is a wet formula so if you dont like wet formulas then dont use this one bc its wet and you have to let it dry. I have long lashes already so when i curl them and apply two or three coats of this mascara its wonderful!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a disappointment to me.
At first, i found this mascara a good one becuz it seems to help volumizing my lashes and also to add some lengths
But it smudges and it does not hold a curl, regarding this is a waterproof mascara, it just don't work for my oily eyelids.
If you have naturally curled lashes and you don't have oily eye lids, this could work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by vgarcia2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! I am beyond impressed with this mascara! I am a little mascara snob but since I rarely use waterproof, I decided to purchase a drugstore brand for a recent cruise I went on. The mascara thickened, lengthened and was jet black! it was love at first stroke. I always wear falsies and this mascara did a great job of making my eyes pop and the curl was on point! I did curl my lashes after the mascara dried. One thing is, this mascara is sooo hard to remove but that is why its waterproof. I went swimming in the ocean, pool and I was in a hot and humid area and it did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this mascara! I bought it about a week ago and it's amazing. My eyelashes aren't especially short or sparse but they are incredibly straight, as in they have never, ever held a curl. With my last mascara (Benefits They're Real! believe it or not), I would heat my eyelash curler, curl my lashes, apply the mascara, wait for it to dry, and then heat the curler and curl them again. And even that didn't last very long or look very impressive. But this has made a world of difference. I still heat my curler but once I apply this mascara, my lashes stay beautifully curled. It also adds a decent amount of length and volume in my opinion but of course it doesn't actually make your lashes look like you're wearing falsies. But overall, I'd say this is a great mascara (especially for the price) and I will definitely be purchasing it again. The only negative thing I have to say is that it is INCREDIBLY hard to remove but since it's waterproof, it should be.

Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Length: 3/5
Volume: 3/5
Curl: 5/5
Color: 5/5
Waterproof: 5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently got this mascara because my waterproof maybelline full n soft dried up. I do like this mascara as it keeps my lashes curled and doesn't smudge or flake on me. However, like many other waterproof mascaras it is incredibly hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like this line of mascaras. All of them, or at least the waterproof.
I like that this one seems to make my lashes a bit longer looking than the flared version. I do not know what it is but they seem a but more lengthened, and flirty looking. With the flared I get more depth and volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Ritzaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this mascara many times and can honestly say it sucks. I have pretty long lashes but they are as straight as they can get. I have really been on a hunt to find a mascara that will hold my curl and not kill it. This mascara just doesn't do that for me. I will curl my lashes and as soon as this mascara touches my lashes, it's as if i never even curled them!! So annoying. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is it's very dark and I like that but I would not repurchase this again. Will keep looking..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

I am definitely in the minority of people who don't like this mascara, but for me it completely drops my curl and clumps my lashes together. I have pretty long, lush lashes and it manages to make me look like I have five sticks for eyelashes. Do not recommend for girls who need a mascara to hold their curl all day.