April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast in Blackfire

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Stressielu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My holy grail eyeliner. I can't use powdered or gel because I'm THAT UNCOORDINATED. This stuff goes on beautifully (I use the 'dot and smudge' technique for day; and draw a line for evening). This stuff is bombproof - great pigmentation, sharpens to a great point if you want a subtle look and the smudgy thingy at the end works beautifully -- even close to the inner corner of the eye. I used it every day during chemo to fake eyelashes and it did a great job. I've tried gels, liner pens and cake liner and some of these were high end products - this product beat them all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This eyeliner is pigmented and creamy but it smudges really bad on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this eyeliner! Usually I use a liquid for my top lash line because I have hooded lids and liquid doesn't transfer, and then I use a pencil for my waterline. This works for both my top lash line and waterline. It doesn't transfer, it doesn't smudge, lasts all day, love it! And I love how smoothly it goes on. With liquid I find the brushes hard to control and I can't get a straight line but with this I get a perfect line every time.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by amygregor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought almost $9 was a bit pricy for a CG eyeliner pencil. It does go on smoothly, but it's the first eyeliner that has irritated my eyes as much as it did. It smeared but my eyes were watering quite a bit. I had to re-do my make up and wear my glasses to work that day. My eyes were far less red the next morning, but I think I'm done testing out new eyeliners for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by twiglette

I liked this product at first because the color glided on so smoothly and the smudger worked well. Three weeks later, I try to sharpen it with two different sharpeners and it just WILL NOT SHARPEN! At first I thought it was a twist-up because the pieces that peeled off looked like plastic. Then I realized the pencil just wouldn't fit into my sharpener snugly.

I read elsewhere online that a Covergirl 3-in-1 sharpener is recommended, but I really don't feel like using a pencil that requires a specific sharpener. I've used my 2 sharpeners for years and have never had a problem with other pencils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl's Liquiline Blast pencils will help you "effortlessly create striking eyeliner looks with lasting, liquid-like intensity. High pigment formula and smudger work together to give you intense looking eyes that will get you noticed". This is supposed to be a waterproof eyeliner. Covergirl offers six shades, today I'm reviewing Blackfire, but I also have and love Green Glow. I was sent this eyeliner by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. If you're interested in grabbing this eyeliner, it'll run you between $7-8 and can be bought at most drugstores and major retailers. Each Liquiline Blast eyeliner is smaller than your average pencil and contains 950mg (.33oz). This eyeliner was made in Germany. Unfortunately Covergirl does test their products on animals.
I like the packaging for the Liquiline Blast eyeliners. The cardboard backing this pencil comes in offers a fair bit of information, including a full ingredient list, product description, and directions, in English, French, and Spanish. The pencil it's self is made of black wood and is coated to be the same color as the product (that's not very obvious on Blackfire since..it's black). The name of the product and the Covergirl logo grace the pencil in silver lettering. Both the tip of the pencil and the smudger are covered by clear plastic caps that stay on quite well. The smudger, which is also black and made of a dense, stiff spongey material, is surprisingly functional, though I don't tend to use it very often. I'm just not much of a smudger.
Though Covergirl calls Liquiline Blast's formula liquid like, it's really more of a gel pencil. The formula is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils, I'd go as far as to call them a dupe. The texture is nice, soft and moderately creamy, it never tugs during application. I still don't think it's quite soft enough to use effortlessly on the upper lash line. Blackfire applies nicely to the waterline, gliding on comfortably. It lasts decently on the waterline, giving me 3-4 hours of wear. On the lash lines, it sticks around for about 7 hours. Wear is passable but not perfect. This isn't the eyeliner I would turn to on a work day. Covergirl's Liquiline Blast eyeliner smudges really well immediately after application, and sets after 20-30 seconds, so you get a reasonable amount of time to work with it. My disappointment with Blackfire, much like Urban Decay's Zero, is that this eyeliner isn't very dark. Blackfire is more of a soft black. This is definitely a pencil liner to look into if you don't want a harsh black liner, but still want something darker than a charcoal shade.
Covergirl's Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Blackfire is good, but not great. A solid drugstore eyeliner and a budget friendly for the wildly popular and wildly expensive Urban Decay Zero. Packaging is nice. The texture is creamy and easy to work with. Wear could be a little better but it's not awful either. I wish Blackfire was just a touch darker, I'm not really into soft blacks, but that's a matter of personal preference. I won't repurchase Covergirl's Liquiline Blast in Blackfire. I have better black eyeliners. I will continue to use it though, and would repurchase the other shade that I have. I only recommend this pencil if you want a spot on dupe for Urban Decay's Zero.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This eyeliner is pretty great for the top of your eye. It stays on all day without smudging and the color never fades. It smudges a lot when used on the waterline though, but lasts a long time. The color is a very nice and dark black. I hate that is comes in pencil form because I feel like it wastes product when sharpened and the wood can stab your eye sometimes and make it water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this in my water line I only line my top lashes and this is the best eyeliner I have used. Its even better than the Urban Decay. Its very dark, creamy and it's very easy to use and it lasts all day. Love it and I will repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ericaleigh03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeline at a 50% off sale at Ulta, just on a whim. I've always used Covergirl's "perfect point plus" eyeliner in black and thought that this liquiline product looked like a smudgier version of it. I was really dissapointed with the results! The point is pretty wide, so I had trouble getting it right into my lashline, and it didn't give a good, clean line for the same reason. The smudging tip is a neat feature, and I ended up with fine results, but it was definitely not worth all the time it took! The nail in the coffin for this product was how difficult it was to wash off! I used my normal Philosphy Purity cleanser, which takes off all the makeup I ever use, and I still had horrible racoon eyes! It's kind of a "waxy" formula, so I guess it kind of adheres to the skin more than my normal pencil eyeliner, which is easy to get off. In short, I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I'm sticking with my covergirl perfect point plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner because of juicystar07 on youtube. I love it!! The color is so dark and the product is creamy and smudgable, but will not smudge if you do not want it to. It is affordable and lovely. I was heartbroken when I lost it, so I will be buying it again.