October 20, 2014 | 850 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by CorynAudreyxo

I had no idea this was discontinued!!! I want to cry! This product is by FAR my favorite. Price, packaging, and quality are all a 10 out of 10. It applied so well to my skin tone, it didn't leave me pale, it made my skin look matte and not oily, I love it so much. Now that I know it's discontinued, I'm going to savor what I have left of it. I've half way hit pan. I wish I could repurchase! Please bring this back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I still question why this powder was discontinued!!! It worked so well as my skin definitely stayed matte when I used this powder! It may have only come in one color but it worked out for me and I was so sad to see it go :-/ it went on smoothed and kept my oil from surfacing. It gave my face such a beautiful finish. I miss it so much :-( I wish they would bring t back. It was such a lovely product. One of the best finishing powders I have EVER used. Why hard candy? Why!?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

I've tried endless setting powders and they always always change the color of my foundation!
    I use mufe and Kevin aucoin foundations and this powder sets it, without adding color or oxidizing or changing it. Awesome. And cheap. I don't have oily skin and this works well for the Kim Kardashian golden triangle..under eyes and around nose to chin area it brightens so perfectly and renews foundation for touch ups. I use this with kevyn aucoins candlelight and it is divine. It is the only drugstore type cosmetic I use. They've discontinued it at Walmart so I stocked up like crazy..auuughhh I would die without this.

I blot with its sponge then lightly dust off excess without moving foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

Hate this product! Settles into my fine lines and doesn't last long keeping me matte. Fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this some months ago on a whim and I really like it! As an oily skinned person a setting powder/mattifying powder is a must. I have been trying to switch my cosmetics collection to all cruelty free products (and drugstore). I love the tattoo art that Hard Candy incoporates into all of their products (although I don't love all of their products). I like the heart shaped sponge that comes with this product too and I use it rather than a brush for touch ups throughout the day (using a pat and roll motion). Even though I've had this product for a while and I use it every day there is only the smallest dent in the pan by my use. It is lasting a long time which is great for the price! It has a nice light and smooth texture as well. On those slow days that I don't feel like wearing a bunch of makeup, I will slide this into my pocket (I wear cargos a lot) or a purse and will use it as I get oily thoughout the day. I will definitely be repurchasing this and +1 for being cruelty free :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why people might like this but if you are prone to acne be careful. I've used it twice (two days each time) on my t-zone and got horrible cystic acne on my nose and chin. The chin I get but my nose?! I never break out on my nose. I didn't even know you could get cystic acne on your nose. I looked like Rudolph for almost two weeks. Horrible. Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a 4 on the acne rating score. Mine went into the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this powder. I bought it after finishing my MAC blot powder, and I will say I'm happy its performance. It controls shine well enough, definitely better than a lot of other drugstore 'shine control' powders i've used. My problem with this powder is the packaging. At first I thought it was cute enough, and it is to look at, but it's not very practical. I bought this powder to carry with me for touchups, and it's bulky. Not only is it bulky, but the way the mirror is set up with the sponge and everything, it's just a dealbreaker for me. I'm on to look for something that's easier to carry and deal with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for setting undereye concealer. Really brightens me up and convinces people that yes, I have had a good night's sleep, when in reality, I'm a walking zombie. It can also be used to brighten up other areas of the face that have been looking a little dull.
    My skin isn't oily, so I can't speak for it's mattifying properties, but I do like that it goes on smoothly and doesn't cake.
    I don't like this as an overall powder due to the lack of coverage, though if my skin were better I would certainly use it for that. If you have minimal skin issues this makes for one heck of a setting powder.
    I also like the sponge that's included, though I never use it. It's just so gosh darn sweet-looking. Gotta love HC, even their sponges are cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by nik89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried several powders over the year and this is by far the best. A powder below is would be one I got from Avon some time ago. Anyways, I use this powder after I apply my Glamoflauge concealer and foundation. Less is more! Don't over do it though. I try to avoid applying powder where my skin creases (under bottom lip) and also between the brows on the forehead because it can sometimes look thick. Otherwise this powder is fantastic. The origin of these Hard Candy products is pretty interesting. From being sold in Nordstorms/Fred Segal and bought by Louis Vuitton (LVMH) and then sold to another buyer who made a partnership with Walmart so you;re getting really good stuff here for cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by LipstickBandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have to say this is my favorite pressed powder. It's a translucent enough powder that doesn't leave you looking like a pale ghost, but provides a great amount of coverage over foundation or if you just want a quick cover up for that unwanted shininess from oily skin. And it doesn't make me break out! Love this!