MAC Scorcher

on 9/25/2010 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this nail polish! For some reason, the formula is totally different and better than other MAC polish. It goes on completely smooth and even, and the color is a rad reddish-orange. Yes, you do need two or even three coats, which might be a bit annoying, but the payoff in totally worth it, as it makes my nails look fantastic. I used this polish the night before a 4-day trip to Miami and when I got home, I had not one chip, streak or peel. Love it!

on 8/24/2010 1:16:00 AM

I love this nail polish from MAC. The application is very smooth in comparison to other MAC nail polishes and the color pay off and easy application are awesome. i love this color for summer

Perfect summer colour! Glides on with ease, very bright and poppy. A little more red-based than I like my corals to be, but it is still a great, vibrant colour. This is my first MAC polish and I will definitely go back for more after trying this one!

on 8/7/2010 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The colour is great: a bright coral-red. But the quality leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, it is very sheer-you need three coats to achieve opaque bottle colour. And after only two days, I had tipwear! I believe that you can find this colour in another brand for a better quality and a lower price.

on 8/1/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was super pumped about this color. The formula of this one is really nice in my opinion. I use 4 coats and it stays for about a week. Glad I purchased this one and cant wait for the fall colors!!

on 6/24/2010 6:18:00 PM

I really love this color. Specially on toes for summer.

on 6/24/2010 10:59:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this nail polish. On my NC30 skin, it doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look great either. In the shade, it's a colour that brings to mind the overpowering orange-based red lipsticks that some old ladies like to wear. Under light, it has a tinge of pink (I guess that's why it's described coral red) and that makes it look slightly younger. I think that Scorcher would look better on the toes than it does on the hands.

I have on 3 coats but can still see my nail line. However, I think that this formula is a lot better than the batch of cream nail polishes that came out with the Spring Colour Forecast, which after 4 coats is still uneven and slightly splotchy. I also think that the brush that came with Scorcher feels different- it's stiffer than those in other MAC polishes I own and application is a lot easier.

I hesitantly recommend it because I just can't get old ladies lipstick out of my mind for some reason. I think that cooler, paler skintones should proceed with caution as this might not be very flattering.

on 6/19/2010 5:46:00 PM

Gorgeous color, the name says it all, and it looks like liquid flame. The application was good, though most polishes apply well over SV Renew...but it is a pretty good formula. It was slightly sheer with one coat, but with the usual two was perfect. It wears very well, and stays lustrous a long while. Very glassy and beautiful.

on 6/10/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful, bright, summer color! The quality of this MAC polish is better than some of the other MAC polishes. I love it!

on 6/5/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

After years of avoiding MAC nail polish because I heard such awful things about it, I splurged on "Scorcher." I love the color. It was quite durable, lasting four days until I noticed a small chip (I am quite busy with computer work and housework). It was a bit thin but nothing I couldn't work with, and I was fine with two coats - I think three would have been good, but I didn't have time and it looked fine with two.