November 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Polishes - MAC - Scorcher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this nail polish! For some reason, the formula is totally different and better than other MAC polish. It goes on completely smooth and even, and the color is a rad reddish-orange. Yes, you do need two or even three coats, which might be a bit annoying, but the payoff in totally worth it, as it makes my nails look fantastic. I used this polish the night before a 4-day trip to Miami and when I got home, I had not one chip, streak or peel. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by samp21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish from MAC. The application is very smooth in comparison to other MAC nail polishes and the color pay off and easy application are awesome. i love this color for summer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect summer colour! Glides on with ease, very bright and poppy. A little more red-based than I like my corals to be, but it is still a great, vibrant colour. This is my first MAC polish and I will definitely go back for more after trying this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The colour is great: a bright coral-red. But the quality leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, it is very sheer-you need three coats to achieve opaque bottle colour. And after only two days, I had tipwear! I believe that you can find this colour in another brand for a better quality and a lower price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was super pumped about this color. The formula of this one is really nice in my opinion. I use 4 coats and it stays for about a week. Glad I purchased this one and cant wait for the fall colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sabrinav

I really love this color. Specially on toes for summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by cyclops68

I have mixed feelings about this nail polish. On my NC30 skin, it doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look great either. In the shade, it's a colour that brings to mind the overpowering orange-based red lipsticks that some old ladies like to wear. Under light, it has a tinge of pink (I guess that's why it's described coral red) and that makes it look slightly younger. I think that Scorcher would look better on the toes than it does on the hands.

I have on 3 coats but can still see my nail line. However, I think that this formula is a lot better than the batch of cream nail polishes that came out with the Spring Colour Forecast, which after 4 coats is still uneven and slightly splotchy. I also think that the brush that came with Scorcher feels different- it's stiffer than those in other MAC polishes I own and application is a lot easier.

I hesitantly recommend it because I just can't get old ladies lipstick out of my mind for some reason. I think that cooler, paler skintones should proceed with caution as this might not be very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Gorgeous color, the name says it all, and it looks like liquid flame. The application was good, though most polishes apply well over SV Renew...but it is a pretty good formula. It was slightly sheer with one coat, but with the usual two was perfect. It wears very well, and stays lustrous a long while. Very glassy and beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful, bright, summer color! The quality of this MAC polish is better than some of the other MAC polishes. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mamaoftwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of avoiding MAC nail polish because I heard such awful things about it, I splurged on "Scorcher." I love the color. It was quite durable, lasting four days until I noticed a small chip (I am quite busy with computer work and housework). It was a bit thin but nothing I couldn't work with, and I was fine with two coats - I think three would have been good, but I didn't have time and it looked fine with two.