December 22, 2014 | 1303 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Courtney16

I like the fact that I got a purple one. I rarely find purple mascaras. But it isn't worth $6 and I will not buy it again. The color doesn't even show up unless I use like 4 coats. It doesn't give a lot of volume either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was just an ok mascara to me, nothing too special. This mascara did do a good job of separating my lashes (which I like in a mascara) and it honestly did add a little bit of length which I did enjoy also but nothing about this mascara really made me say "wow" or impressed me all that much. I don't really feel like the fibers in this mascara really did much of anything and this mascara does absolutely nothing for volume which is disappointing. I did like the fact that it doesn't really clump but overall nothing about this mascara really amazed me so I would not repurchase. Not the worst mascara I've tried but not the best either it does add length and separates lashes but does not volumize and doesn't deliver high impact drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara! I was shocked at how many bad reviews it got. This mascara actually adds tons of length and volume, it's great! I just wish it was darker and wetter. But hey, with the results I'm getting I can't complain. This is easily one of my favorite mascaras. There is some fall out which took off a lippie. Great product! Will repurchase! (If they still make it)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This was really dry right from the beginning and it just got worse from there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by metalandie

I'm from Norway and when I go to America or canada I make sure to stock up on this stuff. I am not particularly interested in a volumizing mascara and considering that this product is not marketed as such, but rather is for lengthening, I am more than pleased. It reminds me of the now discontinued Fiber Riche mascara by Mac. I have tried other fiber mascaras, like Fiberwig which in my opinion fell very short of my expectations. Coupled with the primer by the same name, or alone, this mascara can achieve amazing length with many coats without a spider leg effect or clumping. The effect is extremely natural and is comparable to lash extensions if used properly. The only downside in my opinion (probably due to my insanely oily skin) is that I can get some colour migration under my eyes after several hours, which I can easily remedy by applying a tube mascara as a finisher. All around, I have yet to find a mascara that delivers a similar level of lengthening without clumping or looking unnatural.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

I do not like this mascara. The packaging is super cute and I like the brush. It separates my lashes nicely. The problem is my lashes look natural when I put this on. They are darker, just not thicker or longer. I have to put on multiple coats, waiting for it to dry in between, for it to come anywhere remotely close to "1000 lashes". It takes 5-6 coats for my lashes to look really different. I'm not trying to look like Tammy Faye Baker, I just want to have more noticeable lashes. My $1 elf mascara gives me better coverage and that stuff dries out in 3-4 days. If they change the formula to add more pigment or fibers or whatever, I would probably consider buying it again. As it stands, I can think of a dozen other $6 mascaras that I like way better.

Update: changed to one lippie due to the fact that every time I wear this, it ends up underneath my eyes and I look like a raccoon. It runs and smears so badly. Even when I only put it on my upper lashes, it still migrates underneath my eyes. I have to constantly clean up under my eyes, which in turn takes my concealer off. Terrible stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by xStephyNicholex

I'm a lover of Rimmel London's Scandaleyes mascara, and it's still my favorite. I wasn't looking for a replacement, just looking to experiment with some new stuff. Hard Candy has such cute packaging, and their stuff is normally hit or miss, but I decided to give it a go. The mascara isn't AWFUL. It wasn't TOO hard to apply, although the brush is kind of an awkward rectangle shape. It would be a good mascara for a "lazy day" look, when minimal makeup is worn. It did a great job separating all of the lashes and it coated them all with a few coats. However, it didn't give me hardly any volume, like it advertised. I probably won't repurchase it, but i can still get some use out of it. It would be good for starters who have never used mascara before, as it is good priced and looks good in a minimal way. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard Candy 1000 lashes could be a really good mascara if they changed their brush. I liked the formula of the mascara. It lengthened and separated well. It wasn't too wet or dry, and I could add a couple of coats without clumps. I Didn't have problems with flaking or smudging.

The kicker is the shape of the brush! It's shaped like a rectangle, so it makes getting in the outer and inner corners of your eyes really difficult (and lower lashes!). I've tried holding the brush on all different angles, but it's really cumbersome. I end up making a mess with it and getting it all over my skin. They need to contour the brush to make it possible to get to all of your lashes!

Could be a good mascara for $6, but too hard to apply. I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Probably the worst mascara I have ever had the misfortune to buy and use. It does literally nothing for my lashes; it didn't even give them the color of the mascara. Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Congrats Hard Candy for being one of the worst mascaras I`ve tried in a long time. I love fiber mascaras for the results they give my lashes so when I saw this one for $5 I had to give it a try. It seriously did nothing for my lashes despite multiple coats. No lengthening, volume, or separation, and it could be compared to using tinted water on my lashes. Waste of money and I`ve returned this epic fail mascara.