MISSHA M Signature Real Complete B.B. Cream SPF 25 PA++

4.1

on 1/23/2015 9:37:00 PM

Great color match, blends seamlessly into my skin, but doesn’t last and leaves me incredibly shiny.

I got a full size of this BB cream when I made a recent purchase and I would be very disappointed if I actually had to pay for this. For reference I have very oily nose and chin, and very dry cheeks and eye area. This BB cream would suit someone with dry skin, or someone who lives in a colder climate than Florida (this is not sweat proof and is definitely not transfer resistant).

Packaging is a pump bottle in the shape of a tube (but it is solid plastic) which is something I have never seen before and is quite unique. I do like the hygienic pump, and you do get a lot of product too.

I haven't broken out or had any adverse reaction, it just doesn't last long enough on my skin. I will continue to use up but won’t repurchase.

on 1/7/2015 6:48:00 PM

I really like this bb cream. Id say it's quite heavy product with a great coverage! It also blends very well with my skin tone. It's also very moisturising. My skin is rather dry, but I don't use any moisturiser under it, as it would be too heavy for me.
After trying many of the bb creams that one was my favourite for quite a wile. I didn't experience any irritation, dryness or discomfort while using it. It didn't cake me as well. However, recently I've noticed that my skin have started to react on it differently. I'm very pale and I was using #21 shade during all the time and just switched to #13. The last one I've ordered from amazon (it was way cheaper) and it came from South Korea (as, I believe, they all do). Where were no differences in packaging or any other stuff. But for some reasons, my skin just doesn't feel that great anymore. Maybe I've used it for too long and need to switch for something new, or switch the skin care ritual. Maybe it's just winter time (even I can hardly call it winter here in SoCal). It becomes very cakey and break me out a bit. My skin is not acne prone, but sometimes I get a few pimples here an there. However, I've noticed that I've started to get them more since I begun using #13. My skin also become very dry and I feel like I'm wearing a mask. I will try to switch it back to #21 or to other product for a while and see what happens.
I still give this product 4 stars, as I generally like it and it makes routine very easy. I would recommend to make sure you clean your skin properly, as I've noticed it's rather hard to get this bb cream off completely. It's very dewy, so, not for these who is seeking for matt coverage.
I like packaging and it's a great deal of the product in it. I was using mine everyday for almost half a year and I still have lots of it left.
It's a bit pricey. But I bought mine on sale and later on amazon. Didn't pay over $30 for it.

on 12/26/2014 4:29:00 PM

Update:
I'm not happy to have to write this review. I've been testing this product for four days, and I'm 90% sure that it caused cross-hatch type wrinkling under my eyes. This product has copper peptides in it, which is a volatile ingredient for many people. Most fine lines appear going horizontally, but now some appear vertically as well, it's very strange. I had noticed these appear after testing for only one or two days, but I thought maybe it was due to the concealer I was using drying out the area. Then I ran across mention of the cross-hatching being related to copper peptides online and I made the connection, because I was so excited about the peptides in the formula originally! I'm discontinuing use and will update on the situation once I've given it time to heal. I'm optimistic that the damage isn't permanent, because I was using it for such a short duration.---------Ok, it's 2 days later and I've been doing some reading. I know the cause is that my skin is sensitive to copper peptides because I use so many actives already, aha, bha, retin-a, vitamin c. Apparently it commonly causes the "uglies" - which is just irritation and saggy skin - if you overuse it, but it does go away in time. I will let it heal until it looks like normal and then try working my way up to daily. It's improved about 50% in 2 days, so I feel somewhat relieved. I did a lot of reading about copper peptides, seems like playing w fire to me since I use so many actives already, but I'll report back when I figure out whether I can keep using this.

-----
This has not broken me out! That's a huge deal as most foundations seem to. I'm very pleased to know I'm not allergic to Cyclopentasiloxane like I thought I was. This is a silicone based foundation with a ton of ingredients, but no new acne in the time I've been wearing it. I love that it's a treatment for my skin, but I haven't been wearing it long enough to see a noticeable difference yet. I was too excited to wait to do an review, but I will do an update once I figure out how to make this work for me perfectly.

I am wearing #13. I'm quite pale, but this *might* be too pale for me. I think it might be ok w contouring and blush, but I'm still learning how to do those things honestly - figuring out what products work for me. The finish is very nice, it's pretty dewy which I like, and light/medium coverage. It does not cover the cysts I got for LM Silk Creme, but does a fine job w other discolorations. The finish is not too grey or pink for me, it's definitely the beigest of beiges which works fine w my skin.

I'm probably going to try #21, and I'll update my post in a while. I don't use a lot of products, so I want to truly love the ones I use. I also love that this has no animal ingredients - although it is probably tested on animals. I feel good supporting it since it is their organic/all natural products. Since this does not break me out, I'll continue using this while I build up the rest of my routine.

on 11/1/2014 8:06:00 PM

- MAC //NW10
- Armani Luminous Silk//2
- NARS//Siberia
- L'Oreal True Match//Porcelain

I've never had much success with Western BB creams, but after seeing some good reviews for this, I decided to try it. And I'm glad that I did ^_^

I like the lightweight feeling of this product and after using this BB cream for 3 months, I've not noticed any of the dreaded caking effect. It does have a dewey effect, so if you're looking for a matte look, I'd probably avoid this one. Oil control on this is usually good, although I have noticed that it tends to get oily around my nose. The coverage is fantastic though, very build-able and it does work well with concealer too.

As you can see from above, I am extremelyyyy snow white pale and the majority of BB creams that I have tried (esp Western BB creams) have very limited shades and more often then not, the 'fair' shades will look orange on me. Missha signature BB cream (shade 13) is a perfect shade for me.

I've already bought my second tube. I bought it on from an Asian beauty site for about €15. I will continue buying it :3

on 10/16/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I have finally found my HG. I love this product. I have very dry skin and am not a fan of full cover, heavy makeup. On a good skin day I quite often wear only concealer and a little bit of a light bronzer to warm up my skin otherwise I reach for Mac Face & Body in C1 which I like but don't like the feeling on the days when i need a little more coverage and have to build it a little.
I've tried a few of the Western BB creams and failed to get excited about them but decided to order Missha Signature BB cream after seeing that it was good for dry skin and thought shade 21 'Light Pink Beige' would probably suit me as I am fair skinned (plus freckles) with pinkish undertones (most lighter shade foundations are usually either still a little too dark or too yellow for me). I ordered from Amazon UK and paid £11 for a 20ml tube. The packaging is very pretty and things like that make me happy! The product does have a slight scent but this doesn't bother me and I don't seem to notice it now at all. I put on a light layer of moisturiser (as I have very dry skin) and then put three little dots of the product on a flat top buffing brush and firstly stipple the product then buff it into the skin. Instantly it goes mirror ball shiny but within 10 minutes it sinks into the skin and leaves a satin finish on me. I find that I get good coverage with just the one layer and only need concealer on any particularly bad breakouts. I also don't need to conceal under my eyes mostly.I get good lasting power with this product and it doesn't seem to cling to any dryness or further aggravate it. It photographs beautifully in natural light and also with flash in lighter situations. I haven't yet tried it under flash in a bar/nightclub type of area but not sure if there will be flashback. The only drawback is that Missha isn't readily available in the UK and I think £11 is quite pricy for 20ml of product but I will know better once I know how long it lasts me. I've paid a lot more for high end foundations that I never used. Right now I love it and it gives me that 'my skin but better' look.

on 10/10/2014 8:29:00 PM

Being as pale as I am with redness and blemishes, finding a product like this that matches my skintone (in the lightest shade, #13) plus has great, buildable coverage was a godsend. Unfortunately, it just doesn't measure up. I'm dry on my cheeks (from Retin-A) but get oily in my T-zone, and this product has zero oil control. Even with primer, the "loose-powder-under-foundation" makeup trick, and regular setting powder on top, this product inevitably wears away from my chin and on/around my nose after about 5 hours, not to mention settles into my laugh lines even when I blend away the makeup on my laugh lines with just the barest hint of coverage. It looks ridiculous, and I've never had another liquid product settle into my creases the way this one does. I want to love it so much because everything else about it is great. If you have very dry skin with zero oil problems and are looking for a BB with great coverage, this is for you. But if you're oily, run away, because it just won't last on your face.

on 10/9/2014 12:13:00 AM

My skintone: NC30 with strong yellow undertones. I have oily, clogged skin that's prone to blackheads. The Perfect Cover line broke me out, so I turned to this. The color #23 oxidizes to fit my skin fairly well. It's still slightly pink, but I can get away with it. I top this off with a mattifying powder to extend the wear and reduce the dewiness of the product. It doesn't break me out, yay! In comparison to the Perfect Cover in #23, it provides slightly less coverage. The shade is the same as the PC line. Comparing it with my other BBs, this one leans the yellowest of them all (Skin 79 Hot Pink, BRTC Blemish Recover, and Skinfood Peach Sake).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was running low on my Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream so I decided to give this one a shot. It is fantastic! Mind you, that I am currently on Retin-A, on my purging phase w/ bright red pimples and scars. I decided to mix this bb cream with the perfect cover- since perfect cover is full coverage, and it is a dream. It applies so well, covers all of my imperfections to the point where I can actually skip my concealer. I believe the signature bbc takes a little longer to set on the skin. Add some powder and you're good to go! I honestly feel that these bb creams have more coverage than your pricey high-end foundations. I use both in shade 27.

For reference, I am:
MAC NC37-40
Urban Decay Naked Skin #6
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Covergirl 3-in-1 Golden Tan

UPDATE 11/3/14: Although I do love the coverage, I must say it does make my skin extremely oily. Those with very dry skin would really benefit from this bb cream!

2/26/15: I still use it every single day. Beautiful, natural finish.

on 9/20/2014 9:30:00 AM

First of all, gorgeous packaging! Looks very luxurious. Second, I'd been looking for a bb cream/foundation for quite a while when I stumbled upon this, since I'm very pale it's really hard to find something that doesn't make me look like an oompa-loompa. I compared #13 to the skin79 hot pink (which was too dark for me) online. Since #13 was noticeably lighter than the hot pink, I took a chance and ordered it (bbcreamshop.eu) and my god this stuff is wonderful! the consistency is something I had to get used to since it's quite runny, but it applies really well and covers up all my impurities without having an obvious "make-up face", if you know what I mean. additionally, you only need very little for full coverage. All in all, I am glad I purchased this! Will buy it again when it runs out!

on 9/8/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, this BB cream looks natural but its nothing special. Nothing to ring home about.

Shade 21

Pros
- relatively natural looking compared to foundations
- does give you light-medium coverage (coverage is greater than skin79 hot pink)
- doesn't cake
- fills pores

Cons
- Doesn't cover up my redness or hyperpigmentation spots enough
- dries sticky and shiny
- it gave me dry patches on my face
- colour makes my skin look pink compared to my neck (which is yellow-toned)
- no oil control