SinfulColors Social Ladder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/11/2013 10:38:00 PM

Gorgeous summer polish! I know there have been a few mixed reviews about this product, but I have to give it a perfect rating. I'm all thumbs when it comes to applying nail polish - especially sheer formulas, but Social Ladder gave me no trouble at all. I had to apply 3 coats to achieve the level of opacity I was looking for, but it applied super easily. No streaks or bare spots to be seen anywhere.
As for the color - beautiful! A very pretty pinky/white color with fine golden microglitter that will flatter just about any skin tone. It really looks great against a tan, but I could see this color working great as a winter polish too.
Sinful polish is such a great value for the money. I've had an occasional dud with their line, but for the price it's worth taking a gamble on it. Especially when I get a winner like this one.

on 5/30/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The color looks lovely in the bottle, but applies too sheer. It appears as a milky, off-white color with silver and pink shimmers. This would probably be okay for fairer skin tones, but it's way too pale for me. I'm NW 50 for reference.

on 3/30/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great polish. It's a sheer white-ish pink shimmer, gorgeous on its own, delicate over an opaque creme. Nice application and brush, and I adore the color. Great way to spend $2.

I am a huge fan of this nail polish. It's a whiteish-pink color with silver shimmer. And, its only $.99-$1.99 depending on if there is a sale or not. I couldn't ask for more. I didn't experience any streaking like other people. I would recommend using a light hand to get rid of the chance of creating streaks. Its a semi-sheer color, but its perfectly opaque, beautiful, and smooth in 3 coats. I think its a very elegent looking color and a great polish for when you want to cleanse your palette of bright colors. I would definitely repurchase.

on 5/3/2012 9:11:00 PM

I was looking for a nice, clean color of polish to wear to my boyfriend's graduation, and I decided to buy this one. At $1.99, I figured I might as well give it a try.

Unlike most of the other reviewers, I didn't have an issue with streaking. The color looks lovely and mostly opaque after two coats. I did have a problem with it being a little too drippy, though.

on 4/22/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just put this on my nails because I couldn't wait to try it out. I wasn't particularly wow-ed by the color, but it's not bad either. It a very sheer, opalescent milky white with duo-chrome shimmer. I like that it gives my nails a clean-look, all the while being a pretty shimmer. It's a nice shade I will use if I ever want to take a break from colorful nail polish, or if I decide to layer it over another color.

on 2/21/2012 11:35:00 PM

I love this color - I used a good basecoat under it and didn't have any problems whatsoever with streakiness. I have worse trouble with streakiness with more expensive Essie products, go figure. It looks like other reviewers did have trouble with streaking - all I can say is it must have been the Orly basecoat - it helps a lot. I just used one coat of Social Ladder, and then I used a clear topcoat over, I think it's the Revlon one. This polish is really pretty - a sheer & milky whitish clearish tone with a little glimmer - a perfect neutral. Mine has really held up, I think it works better with less coats. I think it makes my nails look clean & fresh. I have been looking for something like this. I'm pleased & will keep using.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I find this color to be refreshing for spring & summer. Social Ladder is a sheer pinkish white with micro sparkles. I must use 3 coats for my desired look. I'm wondering if this is an old bottle because it's far more goopy and thick then my other Sinful colors. I think I like this color as a pedicure more then a manicure. It makes the toes look clean and neat and accenuates my tan. I rate the overall finish a 2.5. It's inexpensive at $1.99 and can be found at Walgreen's.

on 5/7/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the other reviewers that this formula is not the best. It's streaky and you have to apply carefully to get it even. It really does need 3 coats for it to get perfectly even but I like the the color the best with 2 coats since its less opaque. However, it is a beautiful color-sheer shimmery white with hints of fine pink and to a much lesser degree mint green glitters. It reminds me of wedding dresses, definitely a good take on a sheer white polish. With two coats and careful application, I have been able to get it to not look streaky and the glitters partly help to obscure that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This would be a great, inexpensive neutral polish, if it weren't so darn streaky, and hard to get an even application out of. The formula is sub-par, even for the price point. Don't even get me started on the brush! The bristles were bent, with some bristles longer than the others, and made applying this polish a pain in the rear end.

The only positive aspects of this polish are that it's inexpensive, the packaging (save for the brush) is great, and it looks like a nice color.

Overall, disappointing, as I've had much better luck with Sinful Color's other polishes. I just wouldn't purchase this shade.

Top Rated SinfulColors Products