December 22, 2014 | 1176 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by mc219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only eyeshadow primer I have used, but I have to say I love it. It really makes my eyeshadow last and stay where it has to be when applying it. I'm staying with this one for now.
The only complaint I have is the applicator, it doesn't convince me, I think it needs to be improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard this primer was a dupe for Urban Decay's Primer Potion and that Palladio and Urban Decay are under the umbrella of the same company. And being someone who has extremely oily eyelids who does enjoy and have gone through several tubes of UD's Primer Potion, I just had to give this product a try. I must say that the color, consistency, and how it works is comparable to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It keeps my eyeshadow on relatively well and keeps my smudge-proof eyeliner and waterproof mascara from running (some things other primers have failed at). I wouldn't go as far as to say that the Palladio is a cheaper alternative to the UD PP, however. The Palladio primer is cheaper for about $8 at Ulta, but considering how little product you get, it's equivocal to the Urban Decay primer. As a daily user of eyeshadow primer, I think I'll stick with larger-sized primers.

Pros:
-Keeps shadow on throughout the day okay
-Keeps waterproof mascara and eyeliner from transferring
-Easily blends and blends clear

Cons:
-Could do better in terms of eyeshadow color preservation
-Very little product comes off the applicator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers, this is a pretty much exact dupe for UDPP on me. If it was in one of those purple UD tubes I wouldn't know the difference. The texture is the same, and it also performs the same on me. However, UDPP is not a holy grail primer for me, and this one isn't either. There is still some slight creasing and fading by the end of the day. But this is the best option I've found that I am not allergic to. It does provide a decent foundation for my eye shadows. The price is right too - $8 at Sally Beauty is doable for me. My only complaint is that the tube is rather small. So while my search for a HG eye shadow primer continues, I will keep using this one and would definitely repurchase over every other drugstore primer that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Madisonnyoka

This stuff is amazing. It's the very first eyeshadow primer I've ever used, and now I can't go without it! I have now tried multiple primers but I still keep coming back to this one. This primer is so velvety and makes every eyeshadow color so vibrant, not to mention that it never creases. I would recommend this to anyone! Definitely a gem in the makeup world.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by karennennstiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only recently started using eye shadow primers, and to date this is the 4th one I've tried, and the best. First let me say that I have sensitive eyes and some of the primers I've tried caused excessive watering.

All of the primers I tried helped to make my shadow last longer, however, they all had one issue or another. This primer from Palladio does it all. It makes my shadow last, it makes the eyelid smoother and doesn't irritate my eyes. This one sets to a very smooth finish so the eye shadow sweeps on effortlessly, and doesn't drag like with some primers I've tried.

Like other reviewers, I do not like the packaging. It does seem as if there's not enough product on the wand to do even one eye, however this stuff is very sheer and may take a couple of swipes with the wand to cover 1 eye. You will need to go in for more to do the second eye. Also, with this mascara or lip-gloss-type packaging, there's the hygiene issue.

It is reasonably priced, however, you really don't get much product in the small tube.

I haven't use the Urban Decay Primer Potion, so I can't speak to the "dupe" issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because of the great reviews of Makeup Geek. I have normal eyelids. What a failure! Small amount of product, not very good staying power, nothing special. I do not think that is a dupe of any expensive eyeprimer. I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

This primer didn't work for me. When I pull out the doe foot there is hardly any product on it. I have to reach in the tube repeatedly for one eye.
The primer is dry and creases on me. (My eyelids are normal to dry)
I prefer the e.l.f. $1.00 primer which doesn't crease and while it may not make my shadow last as long as I would like, it smooths out my eye area which the Palladio did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by eyesarahclops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. I have hooded and very oily eyelids. This prevents my shadow and liner from creasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to write negative reviews just because it didn't work out for my skin type and I personally like Palladio products so I'll put it this way.. If you have normal to dry skin then this would be a good primer for you. However, if you have oily skin? not so much. i found that despite what it claimed to do at the end of the day my color didn't look as vibrant and my shadow ended up a little creased as well. I have skin that's more on the oily side so if that's your case i would go with tarte 360 crease less primer or urban decay's primer potion. But like I said if you're not an oily skin type this would be a good product for you to try and its not too expensive and herbal which is a plus for most sensitive types. Its got a nice silky feel to it but I wasn't a fan of the Doe foot lipgloss like applicator, I find it more helpful to just pat it on lightly with your fingers. Overall, not the best but not the worst

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This truly is a good product and definitely the eye primer I've used the most at a great price. I do think the Urban Decay ones are slightly better which is the only reason I didn't give it a 5/5, and I would like to buy another one of those and try even if it is around $12 more. However if you need one on a budget this is the go to one!