November 20, 2014 | 1557 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Extra Virgin Olive Oil Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by renai

Can anyone please help me? I used Extra Virgin Olive oil in removing eye and face make up. After 2 weeks of using I noticed that I had a lot of undereye wrinkles compared to when I wasn't using EVOO. I'm only 25 and now I had a lot of wrinkles under my eyes because of EVOO. I only had a few lines that are not visible but now I had a lot a lot of wrinkles under my eyes. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought it would help but it didn't instead it gave me wrinkles that I shouldn't have for my age. Please anyone please help! :'( If only I know this would happen I should have stick with my regular make up remover. :'( please help what eye cream should I use for my age. I wanna get rid of these under eye wrinkles that the EVOO gave me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by crmelody

Whoever thought this would be a good eye makeup remover is out of their mind lol I have pretty sensitive eyes. Sensitive enough where MAC eye shadows can irritate it a little, and once I went eco with my mascara, I couldn't go back to the regular stuff (I noticed a slight stinging. I have been trying to go eco with my eye makeup remover, not because the Lancome one wasn't working out, but because I like to use green products primarily. Well, let me just say, this is NOT the answer lol

I only need eye makeup remover when I wear liquid liner or mascara because my cleansers take the rest off just fine. I decided to wear all that today to test this one out. No, no, no. It makes your vision blurry and it irritated my eye (not area, but actual eye) for about an hour after. I noticed the area surrounding was more moisturized. As for its effectiveness, it did NOT remove my mascara. I ended up looking like a raccoon, and my facial cleanser had to take care of the rest. This is not a good option (at least, on its own) for people trying to find a green eye makeup remover. May use it around my eye area for that glow though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I know there are some people wondering why the heLL people would use food (none the less an OIL) as a part of their daily beauty regime. Well, the same reason people use maynaisseto and eggs to condition your hair, lemon to lighten your hair in the sun, honey/tumeric/avacado/coconut oil/sugar/salt on your skin for cleansing, balancing and exfoliating. It has been used for many many MANY years, and people love it because it's all natural and it works! Extra virgin olive oil is like the HG of all oils that you can use for MANY different beauty regimes... it's so multi-faceted and very forgiving- which makes it super easy to work with. There are also many external health benefits to using extra virgin olive oil as well. Some of the external health benefits are: anti-aging, prevents acne, cleanses, adds hydration, prevents free radical damage, acts as a skin barrier for harsh weather and so much more! I have made a list of the TOP ten ways I love to use EVOO for my beauty treatments and rituals. One more thing to add, is that all of these I have done at home- very simply.

Natalie's Top Ten:

1) Wear it alone: you can simply wear extra virgin olive oil all by itself to treat normal, dry, oily, combination and sensitive skin. You can also apply it to skin conditions such as oily and acneic skin, eczema, and dry and cracked skin on hands or feet (anywhere really). It might sound strange to apply oil to an already oily face; however this will actually make your skin less oily because they counter act each other. You dont need much... Not anymore than 2 teaspoons for your entire face and neck.

2) Wear as a moisturizer: extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer, for most people. You can do it like me and mix it in with your regular moisturizer at home if your skin is dry and your moisturizer alone isnít cutting it. Just add a Ĺ teaspoon at a time, (and work your way up from there...) to the palm of your hand and mix with the moisturizer.
Just an F.Y.I since we are talking about moisturizers- EVOO is better than using regular olive oil because it is pure, and it has all of its vitamins and nutrients still in tact. Therefore you will get the best results and benefits using extra virgin. It will cost a bit more, but is well worth the extra money.

3) Hair mask: to use as a hair mask, take a Ĺ cup of mayo, one egg, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix it all up and apply to the ends of your hair working upwards. Do not put on the scalp to avoid looking too oily. Leave it on for 20 minutes and the last 2 minutes take a blow dryer and apply a little heat all over your head. Pre-wash your hair until the water runs clear, take ablow generous amount of shampoo and work through hair for a minute or two. Repeat wash two more times, and then add your conditioner. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and rinse out thoroughly.

4) Lip balm: to make a lip balm, pour a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix it with some raw, unprocessed honey. Then apply to your lips! Itís tasty too. You can also store it in a little container to take with you, but only use it the day you prepare it, and then throw it away. It's a bummer that it only lasts a day, but the fresh balm works so much better on you lips.

5) Lip exfoliator: Chapped lips is something many people (including me) suffer from, especially in the winter months. A lip exfoliator is beneficial in removing the dead skin and allows the lip balm to penetrate better. To make a quick lip exfoliator at home all you need is to take some granulated sugar, and mix it with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Keep mixing until you get the right consistency, but there should be more sugar than oil. Massage into your lips, then gently wipe off with a towel. After you apply your balm, you will be able to feel the difference.

6) Face mask: There are so many facial masks you can make with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). You can literally add it to any kind of mask, for moisture, Below are the ingredients for masks for a few different skin types/conditions.

∑ Oily/Acne prone: Use the egg white from one egg, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of milk.

∑ Dry/Combination: 1 tbsp of smushed up avocado, 1 tbsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of honey

7) Facial exfoliator: To create a facial scrub (it can also be used anywhere on the body) grab a bowl. Mix a Ĺ cup of brown sugar, a ľ cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 2 capsules of vitamin E and 2 vitamin C. Mix together, then apply it to your face. Scrub for about a minute or however long you see fit. (Note: Using brown sugar is better then using white because it is not as granulated and more gentle for the face.)

8) Eye make-up remover: take a small bottle and fill it with water. Then add a few tablespoons of EVOO. Shake well. Then take a cotton ball and moisten it with the mixture, and just wipe off your makeup. Make sure itís pretty diluted so you donít get too much oil in your eye. Then wipe it off completely.

9) Make-up brush conditioner: Makeup brushes collect dirt, oil, and harbor bacteria, therefore they need cleansing too. And of course you can even use EVOO for your makeup brushes. It is very easy to use. All you do is take a paper towel, put some olive oil onto it, then swirl your brushes around on it. Afterwards rinse it with your facial cleanser, baby shampoo, or makeup cleanser. This will leave them soft, shiny, and clean.

10) Naturally lighten your hair: if you apply this combination to your hair, it can make for a natural DIY hair lightener. I have used it before. Raw, unprocessed honey contains traces of hydrogen peroxide that gradually lighten the hair when applied consistently over time. The olive oil helps to soften the strands. You can also add Ĺ a banana for extra nourishment. Let it process for 10 minutes in the bowl. Then add to your hair and leave for 30-40 minutes. You will see results after a short period in the sun (which will accelerate the lightening in addition to t

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by lisa4gail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works better than my previous favorite Lancome remover. I use a very small amount on a cotton ball and then wash my face. It conditions my lashes and is surprisingly not greasy. I transferred the olive oil from my large cooking stash to a small bottle, so it almost free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by aasiangal

There are so many uses for this!!! I had oily acne prone skin but I would use this along with my moisturizer and this helps fade my scars and leaves my skin soft and supple. Surprisingly it doesn't clog my pores or break me out; if any thing it help with my acne. The only thing is that I recommend to use this at night because you will look a little shiny. I also use this as a hot oil treatment, it really helps with locking in the moister in the winter. If it doesn't work for you skin or hair you can always cook with it =) I totally recommend this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by GinniAffliction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG eye makeup remover!!!
((Mind you, I wear heavy eyeliner and solid black mascara))

I'm not TOO fond of using this on my face. It feels like the olive oil doesn't.....separate the foundation enough. So I feel like an oil slick and I still have more foundation to get rid of. Doesn't mean I hate it, just that I'd prefer using wipes for the face. ((I don't wear foundation much anyway))

For the eyes though; like all eye makeup removers, it CAN blur your vision/hurt when it directly makes contact with it.

This is my method of removing it:
1) Wet eye
2) Soak a cotton pad/ball/napkin (basically paper)
3) Press saturated paper against eye, gently
4) After about 20 seconds or so, pat the eye area with the soaked paper
5) GENTLY swipe eye makeup off
6) Rinse off the oil residue

I find this rather time consuming, but it works!!!! Flipping the paper over the the clean side when swiping it also works well too!!

I leik :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Olive oil has been great for removing eye makeup when in a pinch, but I've been using a rough tissue that gets creases under my eyes. I've slowly been incorporating it into removing makeup from my whole face, but it is a comedogenic oil so I wash it off and am just experimenting with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by LRebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF WORKS WONDERS! I have very oily skin so I was hesitant to use EVOO to remove my makeup, BUT PLEASE TRY IT! I dab some on a soft napkin (cotton pads tear apart so beware lol) and place it over my eye for a couple of seconds and everything just MELTS away! Waterproof mascara/eyeliner/heavy eye makeup, anything & everything. Another plus is that it feels like it conditions my eyelashes! So putting on mascara the next day just glides on. I love this stuff. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sarandipity68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EVOO THE BEST MAKEUP REMOVER I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

i have tried many brands, from the expensive department store make up removers to the drug store makeup removers., makeup removing toweletes. ALL Of it.
nothing comes close to EVOO.. regardless of the amount of makeup i am wearing, or it be waterproof or non water proof, with EVOO everything melts off and all you have to do is wipe it off with a baby wipe

heres how i use it:
put a dime size (i like to use extra) in the palm of my hand
dip my fingers in the oil and rub my fingers together and than gently in circular motion rub my eyes.. you can see the makeup melting off without any pulling or irritating the eye

i use a baby wipe, run it through water and remove the oil & makeup from the eye. Voila its all gone..
and than wash my face with my cleanser.

EVOO moisturizes are removes makeup all at once. the best thing i have come across.. It really does melt off everything.. try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Using olive oil has been the only way I remove my makeup (since I started putting on makeup, which is like 5 years ago) and I highly recommend it to any girl who is having a war with her eyeliner, mascara or eye shadow every evening using cotton wipes infused with those costly makeup remover from any brands. I promise that with 3 drops of olive oil, your entire face will become spotlessly clean. Here are the steps:
1. Make sure your hands are dry.
2. Put 3 - 5 drops of olive oil on your fingertips and rub it over your makeup.
3. Rinse with water
Now your makeup, no matter how dark or water-proof, should be gone (because organic compounds dissolve organic compounds). And the procedure should take no more than 5 seconds. Just follow up with your regular facial cleanser to clean your face completely. Have fun!