April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Tendre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Would you all believe that I didn't care for this when I first smelled it? I thought it was very "meh." I work at a perfume counter, and would show this to anybody who came up to me for help. I wasn't fond of it, but I knew it was the top seller. And sure enough, most of the people to whom I showed it bought a bottle. So I was smelling it pretty regularly, and finally one day I realized that I REALLY liked it. Strange that it had to grow on me.
To me, the quince and grapefruit predominate, even after drydown. Very light and ethereal. It brings to mind being in a large, cool freshwater body at sunrise on a comfortably warm morning. Makes me want to drink water, lol, how odd is that?
This will be a regular for me, even if it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my signature fragrance, ever since I smelt it while I was in Paris. I was purchasing a Chanel lipstick just as a keep sake (you know, buying chanel while in paris felt like something i'd always remember) and the sales lady gave me a spritz of this and a sample size to take home. I was hooked ever since. The bottles I purchase are the travel twist up ones, where you in one package you get three refill jars of the fragrance and the twist up holder itself. These retail for $80 CAD I believe, but with my Shopper's employee discount it brings it down to about $54CAD which is awesome since one of these lasts me about a year. It is quite similar to the mark jacobs daisy, but slightly less floral. I accidentally bought the eau fraiche one time and returned it immediately, it wasnt even close to how lovely this one is! I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sillage

While Christmas shopping in 2012, I was walking through Belk's perfume dept and caught a whiff that spun me around and made me backtrack. Whoa, something smelled *so* lovely -- I had to find out where that beautiful light whiff had come from. Not merely pretty -- it had a subtle sensuality about it also. Mmmm!

There was a tester of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre (= French for "soft", I believe) sitting on the counter on a stand -- that was it! I sprayed some on, then went to Books A Million -- and the young female cashier who checked out my coffee told me that I smelled soooo good -- so I volunteered the name of the perfume to her, since I could tell she was dying to know but was too polite to ask.

I have seen Chance Eau Tendre on Sephora's best-sellers shelf in third place (behind Flowerbomb and Viva La Juicy) -- and for awhile now, Eau Tendre has been the only version of Chance that our Belk's now sells. Eau Tendre must sell very well -- maybe even better than the original Chance or Eau Fraiche versions? I don't know, I've never heard any statistics -- but it seems to be quite popular.

Eau Tendre launched in 2010, and according to parfumo.net, its notes are:

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince
Heart Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine
Base Notes: Amber, Iris, Musk, Cedarwood

This smells nothing like the original Chance, it's a completely different scent. To me, it's a very sheer fruity-floral -- delicate and breezy -- ethereal -- very feminine -- and it smells like its color -- which is a delicate pink. It's airy, dewy, fresh, watery, and smells almost melony, in a way (ie, delicately fruity -- might that be the quince note?). It makes me think of a ballerina.

In spite of being light, sheer, & wispy -- and an EDT strength -- it's actually quite strong and tenacious. I don't know how Chanel managed that, but they did. Be careful, it can be oversprayed -- and it lasts very well.. In my humble opinion, this fragrance would work on women of any age -- any season, any occasion. It's just a very pretty, light, inoffensive fragrance -- and it's sensual too.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

I am on my second bottle of this. It's such a great any time scent. I've worn this in all seasons and it's perfect for when I want something light but still present. It definitely has an effervescent quality to it, as others have described. I find the lasting power to actually be pretty good! I notice it lingers more in my hair/clothing than on my skin. But it does last. It just gives a great clean, almost soapy smell with a hint of light musk. Any sharpness at the initial spray fades very quickly. I don't see how this could offend anyone unless you went way overboard. I don't reach for this as much as I did at first, but it's still in fairly heavy rotation for me. I would buy bottle #3 if I ran out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by CheleB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this perfume! It's my signature scent! I normally switch perfumes with the seasons but I wear this all year round. Every time I wear it I get a ton of compliments (especially from men). Such a sexy scent! Remember: A little goes a long way! Don't drench yourself in it or you'll have a headache!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't my signature scent (love Vera Wang classic), but I really love this. I get compliments every time I wear this. It smells a bit soapy and is a bit unusual to me, but I really enjoy the scent and it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't won this one yet, but the couple times I tested it, I really loved it. It's not even really my normal fruity, or vanilla, but I really like it. I buy lots of perfumes on ebay, but there are so many fakes of this one, that it looks like I'll be heading to the big name store and paying top dollar. In this case, because I like this one so much, it's probably worth it. I just hope it has decent silage and longevity for full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I truly can't imagine anyone NOT liking Eau Tendre, unless the perfume just doesn't work on them. On me, Eau Tendre doesn't smell a thing like the notes or the scent descriptions of the other reviewers...but then, very few Chanel perfumes do. Chanel typically isn't the house for me...for anything, fashion, makeup, fragrance and I don't really care that much for the brand. I'm 33 and typically go for vanillas, but Eau Tendre is just so pretty that it won me over. Wear it for everything: winter, summer (the citrus makes it appropriate for warm months) casual, dates, work, family, it's soft, feminine, a little sexy and very inviting...a slightly loose fitting, low-neck cashmere sweater.

The supposed notes are: Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince. Middle Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine. Base Notes: Amber, Cedar, Iris, White musk. But I don't buy it; I don't smell any of that on me, except maybe the cedar and white musk.

In the beginning, I get a middle note of powdery, modern rose (like the one in YSL Parisienne) on a base of a sweet, clean, musk base all topped off with sparkling, effervescent citrus of the sort that you might get when you pour a bottle of flavored sparkling water...it's lovely and energizing. A few hours into wear, the "rose" scent has softened and a soft, pretty, beachy musk drizzled with caramel emerges, it's soft, warm and inviting, almost a skin scent at this point, nothing artificial at all. How these notes come out on me, I have no clue, but I love it because Eau Tendre truly smells different on me than the other women I've rarely smelled it on. I wonder how many of the negative reviews are because the perfume just isn't special....on them...the way so many finicky Chanel perfumes can be. Perhaps this scent that so many dismiss as "common", "flanker", "a pity" and "a shame" is just as seemingly esoteric as all the rest of the brand, and those noses don't "get it" the same way some describe other scents as "cat urine" and "old lady"?

Lasting power is Eau Tendre drops from a perfect 5 to 4.5. Reapplication isn't necessary throughout the day, but if one is wanting the scent to waft behind them, or to keep that effervescent citrus, you'll need to reapply. I like my perfumes to be more subtle and close to my skin, so a couple spritzes on the back of my neck does ok, although it's pretty faint, even for my scent-sensitive self, by the end of an 8 hour day. The scent also stays true and lasts on clothing and lasts a little longer.

Similar scents:
Of course Eau Tendre doesn't smell a thing like the original Chance (which I'm also quite fond of), much less, Marc Jacobs Daisy, which smells like nothing but a synthetic, inexpensive shampoo. If you're looking for a dupe, try VS Sexy Little Things Noir; it lacks the sparkling, effervescent citrus of Eau Tendre that would make it tolerable in the warmer months, and it's not quite as smooth or well done, but it's close enough to fool most noses. If you can though, just go for the real thing: the Eau Tendre bottle is so much more sophisticated than the playful Daisy bottle or the cheap looking VS bottle, and the light pink color just melts me. Is it worth the price of $68 for 50 mL? To me, yes. The scent alone is beautiful, but when added with the pretty presentation and lux feeling bottle, I will undoubtedly repurchase

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Reminded me a lot of Daisy Oh So Fresh (similar notes in compositions). I had to compare! I got a sample vial today of Chance Tendre. I sprayed a perfume on each wrist and waited. Even though Oh So Fresh isn't a strong fragrance whatsoever, in comparison it is much more detectable on my skin. I struggled to smell the Chance, it is very subtle. They are surprisingly similar in the beginning, which is why I do like Chance. But price-wise, for better sillage and staying power, the sure pick would be Oh So Fresh. Way better value for money (As you can pick one up on sale). Chanel is too pricey when there's cheaper perfumes that smell just as 'lovely'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

This has been my signature scent since May. Men seem to love this one. It is soft and feminine.