Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My current favourite mascara. No clumps if I don't put on too many coats, and it lengthens and volumizes nicely. I don't even need to curl my lashes before putting this on, because it lifts my lashes. I received a lot of compliments while wearing this mascara. I can keep it natural looking, or build up the volume for nights out. The big wand does make it a bit difficult to access the bottom corner lashes.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Sat down to write this review after finally throwing the tube out. I had this mascara for 10 months and it worked great. It only started to deliver less and less colour and started to flake on me (which it has never ever done before) a few weeks back, it's also gotten a lot drier and I knew it was time for it to go.
I had mine in Dark Brown, it was my first mascara ever, and it was great. I continued to use it until now that it ran out, even after I purchased several other mascaras. I was too afraid to get a black mascara, so I got this instead. It wasn't waterproof, but it was still super long lasting. I have VERY oily eyelids, most mascaras would either flake (like the Maybelline film mascara, it was waterproof, but not oil-proof apparently) or smudge around my eyes (on both upper and lower lash lines) and look horrible. This lashblast fusion didn't flake, didn't smudge (even when it does, it is very minimal and hardly noticeable since it's brown, not black). It had withstood the rain with me, and even when it did come off, it did so in a very clean, non-smudgy fashion, I can’t explain the visualisation very well but it just did. In my experience, it gave me great separation, never clumped on me, coated my lashes evenly and easily. Since they called it "fusion", I supposed it should give us both length and volume. The lengthening claim is really true, it really did give me at least a few extra millimetres of lashes without fail every time. Volume, hmm, not so much, but since it fanned out my lashes so well, it did make my lashes appear fuller somewhat. The result is very fluttery natural lashes, it's absolutely perfect for those natural, no-makeup makeup kind of look. I think it was thanks to the brush, I really love the brush on this one, in fact, I washed and kept it, I hope it would fit into the Max Factor False Lash Effect tube I'm using, the brush on it sucks (for reference, that one is waterproof, it's pretty good, but it smudges on me worse than the CoverGirl lashblast fusion. They’re sister companies of sorts, the two tubes side by side is EXACTLY the same, save for the colouring and labels, same goes for their lipsticks). The brush is packed with rubber bristles, and they’re very well spaced, grabbed lashes really well, and the rubber is soft enough that it doesn’t hurt my eyes if my shaky hand happened to slip.
The only cons to this mascara I can think of is that it doesn’t hold curls very well, it does weight my lashes down a bit actually, not point-to-the-ground down, but I do find myself recurling my lashes after applying mascara from time to time. The smell is also pretty strong of something plastic, it does go away (you can’t possibly smell your lashes anyway), and I wish the brush was pointier/come to a slimmer end I mean, so I can get to the tiny lashes in the corner of my eyes easier. I still can, but only if I try really hard. Also I wish the handle of the brush was easier to hold. My hand shakes due to a few complications, and I have butter fingers. A more tactile material would be much appreciated.
Other than that, I think this is a great mascara, especially on the count that it does not smudge or flake. I will repurchase this if I could, and would recommend it to anyone, particularly for people with oily eyelids like me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My new, favourite, everyday mascara. It is a pretty perfect product! The Covergirl brand of mascaras is easily available and reasonably priced. With so many different varieties of their 'Lash Blast' range, you will definitely be able to find a HG mascara among them. My lashes are natural moderately long and black, so I needed length rather than volume and a bit of curl. This last exceeded my expectations. It added a slight bit of volume but did not clump at all no matter how many times I went over the same lashes. It added a lot of length, without looking too overly dramatic for the daytime, and added curl, making my lashes look beautiful and my small almond eyes looked wide and awake. The formula was easy to work with, and while the brush was very large, it too was easy to work with despite having small eyes. It took only a couple of swipes to get used to it. This mascara lasted all day in the heat without flaking, smudging, smearing or looking anything less than pristine. This mascara is wonderful and I would highly recommend it. Holy Grail for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion in Very Black for years, and it was the best mascara I had ever found. Was.
The last 3 or 4 tubes I've purchased have been great when first opened, but soon seemed to dry out and clump terribly. It's not going on as smoothly and evenly anymore. It's also been flaking more throughout the day, and I have to brush the little mascara flakes off my cheeks. I've had to throw out the tube much more quickly than in the past. Lately I find myself fighting with my lashes every morning.
I'm not sure if they changed the formula, or if the ones I've picked up have been sitting in a warehouse too long, or what. I LOVE the brush, and have been loyal to this product for years, but as of today I'm looking for a new brand.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara is beautiful! The consistency allows for the wand to not clump at all. It is phenomenal at singling out lashes with volume.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this mascara on a whim, and I am really glad that I did :) I love the colour of the mascara tube, and the effect it has on my lashes - makes them long and full of volume.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara. Definitely recommend it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using CoverGirl lash blast in the orange tube for about a year. I wanted to switch to this one because it claims better lengthening. While that claim is true (it does lengthen nicely due to the fibers in the formula), the volumizing effect is lost. I can get away with 1 coat of the original lash blast mascara, but I have to use 3 coats of lash blast fusion to get the same volume/thickness and rich color. I bought the shade Black, but it looks like more of a charcoal color on the brush. I'll stick to the original lash blast in the orange tube!

I am not the type who sees a big difference between mascaras. I usually go for whatever i can get a good deal on.
However, this mascara left me noticeably dissapointed. I have rather long and dark eyelashes but this mascara did not show much. My eyelashes were barely longer. The brush is a classic plastic spike, making it difficult to apply on lower lashes.

Not a great buy.

This mascara is excellent. Totally disagree with tepid or bad reviews on this. I've been using this since college (10 years ago) and still keep coming back.

I have thin, short Asian lashes and this works as well as Benefit's They're Real to lengthen, thicken, and separate them. It makes my eyes look HUGE and is the only mascara that makes me look really feminine if I want to do a natural look (matte shadow, eyebrows, and mascara).

The brush is a little thick, so you have to be really careful not to accidentally get product on your eyelids or face when you're using it. However the bigger barrel makes it easier to turn the wand as you're applying the product. Also, I love how firm the brush is.

It is actually better than literally every other mascara I've tried, including:
- Benefit They're Real - slightly better results, but IMPOSSIBLE to take off without taking 3-4 lashes with it
- Maybelline the Falsies - actually a really good mascara, but the formula is drier and doesn't extend as much. volume was clumpy
- Maybelline the Colossal - the brush is so flimsy it doesn't actually force your lashes to take the mascara
- Cover Girl Clump Crushers - also a really good mascara, but not as lengthening

I have this in very black and black. Both are good. Very black tends to look a little fake on me.

Popular Mascaras