December 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by georgejamesj

One of the few staples of my night-time regime. I've been using this for 3 years now and I couldn't live without it, it literally does what it says on the tin, I apply it using the palm of my hand every evening and when I wake in the morning my skin looks and feels 'like new'. I mean it when I say I look my best on a morning!

It is relatively pricey, especially when you look and think its around £1+ per ml. but honestly, it will last you a LONG time, my first bottle was the 50ml one and it lasted me around a year and a half, you really only need a tiny drop each night.

I understand a lot of the comments saying you could make it yourself as it has quite a lot of simple essential oils in, which I did think at first when I bought it, but really?? Would you go to that effort/would it really be cheaper?

Great combination of products that complement each other very well. I recommend anyone to try it at least just once!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by alina08

Midnight Recovery Concentrate could be a lot better if it had less silicone and preservatives and more active ingredients. This serum goes on lightly and hydrates well, but so do a host of other serums at a fraction of the price, many of which boast better ingredients. I wanted to love this serum, but I just cannot get over how much junk I have to put on my face with the good stuff. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is stupid...it's so so so expensive - you could make your own batch WITHOUT the nasties in it for half the price and 10x the amount of product. it doesn't have anything ground breaking inside 'Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Linalool, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil'

you're paying a lot of money for jojoba, lavender and sunflower oil which are dirt cheap!!
the mixture of oils work well on tired skin but I really wouldn't recommend buying this as it's far too expensive

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Jk2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I have acne prone skin and it didn't make me break out. My skin glows after using it! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it really did nothing for my acne. However, it isn't marketed to do that. I just expected a "miracle". I would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by KristaGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin, but not too sensitive. I've used this concentrate only twice and it caused irritation, redness and swelling. Thanks that I bought very small amount of it as a part in a gift set. Won't buy again, however, I really like other kiehl's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This balances the skins moisture barrier, preventing and healing acne. Use this after a cold cream like Ponds or Lush Ultrabland. Use no moisturizer. Your acne will stop

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by hellodarling88

I consider it a mini vacay for my sensitive/combination skin and I use it alone or as the oil to 'guasa' my face (a traditional massage technique to reduce water retention.) Usually 2-3 drops will do and I only repurchased after 10 months.

PROS
Smells more calming than most aromatherapy sleep products, relaxes your pores & reduces any redness & inflammation,especially after giving myself mini facials before bedtime.

CONS
Do not apply under eyes as it does bring out those little flesh bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by tine1696

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is an absolute necessity on holidays and long-haul flights.

It smells good and spreads easily.

My skin tends to act up (pimples, dryness, redness) when there is a change in climate but using this under my moisturizer gel (Laneige Sleeping Pack Ex) keeps it hydrated and happy.

It's a simple but effective combination for holidays and long-haul flights :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is my holy grail night time serum.

Top 4 Reasons why you need to give this a try
1. Lovely Scent
2. Oil but NOT Oily
3. Softer & Rejuvenated Skin
4. The bottle lasts a LONG LONG time

Check out full review at: http://bit.ly/midoil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this serum, for a multitude of reasons. I have sensitive skin, and use the original Crème de la Mer with The Concentrate 3 nights a week. I also use this serum with Chantecaille's Retinol Intense Night Cream 3 nights a week (retinol isn't as effective if used nightly, so I alternate) and a sleep/overnight mask like Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask 1-2 nights a week, generally on the weekend when I like to give my skin a break.

This serum is so soothing and never makes me breakout. In fact, it's helped clear up breakouts I used to get on my chin. It's incredibly gentle and hydrating, and helps my Chantecaille Retinol Intense amount in half because it spreads more easily after applying this serum. Every dollar counts! That Retinol cream is $110, so I'm quite thankful for the savings. The scent is natural and pleasant–not at all bothersome.

I recommended this serum to many friends, all of whom absolutely love it. I've started purchasing the larger size. The dropper is very easy to use. Some gripe that it is too watery, but I just put the drops into the palm of my hand and apply with my fingertips. You really can't lose with this serum.