November 27, 2014 | 1723 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never been able to wear eye makeup my entire life... until now. Growing up in humid Singapore with extremely oily skin, most eyeshadows simply slide off in all directions around my eyes, and eyeliners smudge like crazy, so I only ever wore eye makeup right before I went out to party for a couple hours.

I actually got eyeliner *tattooed* onto my eyes a couple years ago because there was no other way to get makeup to stay on my eyes from morning to evening. Every five years or so I lusted after eyeshadow palettes, bought one, then quickly remembered why I couldn't use them and threw them out barely used five years later. But then last year I went home to Singapore and picked up this Proof 10 Eye Primer from Etude in Ion shopping centre. And then a few months ago I started playing around with my old eyeshadows. Holy crap.

This morning, I put some daring metallic blue/purple eyeshadow on before work, and got back from 12 hours of work + happy hour afterwards, and granted some of the shadow did smear from the lids into my crease, but––NONE OF IT smudged under my eyes or outside of my eye area! Eyeshadow actually looked GOOD on me for 8 hours+!! I cannot explain how excited I am to be able to use makeup like a real girl from now on! I could kiss this magic bottle from Etude forever!

I've never used any other eyeshadow primer, but there are a few blog posts comparing Proof 10 to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and Proof 10 seems to compare favourably, not to mention it is about 30% - 50% of the price of UDPP. I'm definitely gonna pick up another bottle or two when I next visit Singapore!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Kmberlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great dupe for the UD primer potion. Keeps my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by m_a_a_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great dupe for Urban Decay primer potion! Makes eyeliner and mascara stay put. Just make sure you use enough and wait for it to dry/settle before layering with another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Maddie0582

Amazing product.
I have been using it for a while, it can hold eyeshadows and my eyeliner in place no problem. Yesterday I tested to the extreme. I applied my make up at 7 in the morning, I was going out later and due to lack of time I just modified my eyemake up rather than do it again. I got back home from a night out full of dancing in a sweaty club about 3ish. My hair was a mess, but my eyemake up looked great. No creasing, smudging - nothing, it stayed put. I am well impressed, the price is very affordable, the product is gentle to my eyelids and I need just a tiny amount so it will last a while. I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by arimbii

Really. For me it's a perfect UDPP dupe. It makes my shadows look great and stay in the place for long time

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer is a close second to the Fergie one but I would still re-purchase as it's an excellent product that's a good backup.

The packaging is in this cute tear drop shaped plastic mini bottle with a sponge tip applicator. I don't mind the applicator but I do find it difficult to gauge when I'm almost done with the product so I end up ordering a few backups just in case.

This product is similar to the Fergie primer in that they're both clear in colour and dry to a matte finish on the lids. I wouldn't recommend the Etude primer for dry lids. My lids tend to be on the oily side so the matte finish is perfect.

This primer keeps my eye makeup looking fresh all day with minimal creasing after 12 hours. I will say that it doesn't make the eyeshadows look as vibrant as the Fergie primer so that's minus one lipstick.
But overall, it's still an excellent primer and I can see it as a staple for the winter or for those summer days that don't have the extreme heat.

Etude is available online at various Korean cosmetic websites and eBay for a relatively inexpensive price.
I bought mine on eBay for about $7 USD and free shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by dreamyface

I love this primer - it's awesome and cheap! Eyeshadows stay forever and even when you smudge it with fingers or even smudge with water - it totally stays in place. And every eyeshadow is so much more colourful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice consistency, incredible lasting power, makes your eyeshadows stay all day long without creasing, and it's so cheap!!! I love it so much.
The only con is the packaging, the brush can't reach into the every part of the container so you can't use the product until the very last drop.
Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by noisewar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

have been using TF and UD primer for years till i read the reviews and looking at the price, decided to give this a try. texture is more watery than TF and UD but after a long day, it does what it does. eyeshadow stays and my eyelid is not oily. def changing to this to save cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by akastuari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this primer! It has the same quality with Urban Decay original primer, with half the price <3
The only thing that I don't like is the tube packaging with the brush, kind of like the old Urban Decay primer packaging, it's hard to get the product until the very last drop