July 25, 2014 | 1096 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i hate this primer. i've only gotten the sample sizes with my pro pallet 1&2 so i've never bought it, but i wouldn't after trying it. I LOVE lorac products especially the pallets but not this. it doesn't crease on me but it does nothing for the colors, doesn't make them pop or vibrant, and i feel like overtime the color becomes muted and almost transparent. definitely doesn't have good staying power. I prefer the NYX HD eyeshadow base over this, every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample size with my Lorac pro palette. Its a very light and creamy formula where a little goes a long way and creates a smooth base to work on. This is what I have observed using this with my 3 main types of eye shadows: Urban decay, Too Faced and Lorac.

Lorac: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing and the colour stays true.

Urban Decay: Shadows glide on smoothly but crease as the day goes on and are creased quite badly by the end of the day.

Too Faced: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing but the shadow colours fade and go more muted as the day goes on.

I'm going to stick with UDPP, TFSI and Nars as they are higher performing - but will use this tube up with my pro palette shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Carson123

Received a sample with my Pro Palette and have tried with both Lorac and non-Lorac (but similar quality eye shadow brands, UD, the Balm, etc). This primer did nothing to keep shadow on. Within a few hours, it looked as if I used no primer at all. And I don't have oily eyelids. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've received numerous samples of the Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer with assorted Lorac palettes I've purchased from Ulta. This primer actually does what it claims to do, it keeps my shadow/liner on longer & I have never had any creasing issues. My lids tend to be a tad oily so primer is a must for me in order to get any longevity what-so-ever out of eyeshadow/eyeliner (regardless of the brand). I also use this on my lower lash line as well as my brows to prep for my liners and Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. It works equally well on my brows also. It has no discernible smell to me and blends out easily leaving behind the perfect canvas to work with. I go back and forth between this and my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I think both perform their intended task equally well, but the Urban Decay doesn't blend out as well in my brow hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

This primer works great for me doesn't crease and last. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kellyjr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got the sample size with my Lorac Pro palette. I have deep-set eyes & oily lids, so creasing is expected. However, when I apply this with my fingertips, keep my eyes closed until it dries, and then apply shadow, the shadow stays bright & doesn't crease! I've tried so many primers and I wasn't expecting this to work, but it does! And you don't need much product, so the tube will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ripchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. I have oily lids and my eyeshadow ALWAYS creases after a few hours. This primer makes my eyeshadow stay on for 12+ hours. Would definitely buy again. I only use a tiny amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

A great big "boooooo" from Behind the Scenes! I don't like mousey type eye shadow primers because I find they don't create an even eye coverage. I feel this can be said for the Lorac eye shadow primer. BtS didn't hold eyeshadow colour and the colours didn't pop or last as long. I wouldn't buy this again, I didn't even finish the sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got a sample of this with my Unzipped palette and I have absolutely fallen in love. I got the full size in a GREAT value pack at Ulta, so that's waiting on me right now. This creates a great, smooth base for my shadows that isn't TOO tacky and still allows my shadows to blend over my lid. Plus, they stay all day long. I've even fallen asleep in my makeup (SHHH!!) and woken up to it mostly still intact, lol! This is great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. This primer creates a smooth base, but its ability to enhance the wear and vibrancy of my eyeshadows (both LORAC and non-LORAC) is minimal to useless. My 2 year old tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance is outperforming this in all categories.