October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Terrible. Did absolutely nothing to help the eyeshadow last longer or to enhance the colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At long last I have found the primer that works for me! I LOVE THIS PRIMER. This works so incredibly well for my eyes that I can't believe this was a free sample from my Pro Palette 2. It applies very smoothly, the eyeshadow is still very easy to blend with this primer on, and it doesn't make my eyeshadow patchy. Also a little bit goes a long way. I work a typical 9-hour day in an office setting under fluorescent lights all day and when I get home, my shadow still looks very good (eyeliner is a different story though).

For my eyes, Urban Decay Primer Potion made it incredibly difficult to blend and it honestly didn't work to preserve my eyeshadow all day. I've also used the NARS primer and that one made my eyeshadow very patchy, but it did keep makeup in tact all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this with my Unzipped palette. I have the UDPP and Fergie's primer in shimmer and regular, so it took me a long time to even try this. I like this primer best of all- it is invisible on skin and blends like a dream. There is no color to compete with your eyeshadow. Fergie's primer is good, but it applies very wet and sometimes I feel like it "eats" the eyeshadow I put on. The UDPP is good, but that also doesn't blend as easily as this. I have not noticed any creasing or fading, there is no difference in my eye makeup from the morning and the evening.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I have three tubes of this stuff from the LORAC palettes I've purchased. Prior to attempting to use this, I was using Jane eye primer and it was amazing. No creasing, hydrating but not greasy and made my shadows blend and stay on forever.

The LORAC primer made my shadow very hard to blend out. I tried using this with my UD Naked palette and the crease shadows would just disappear, right after I applied it. It also my shadow extremely hard to blend. Tossed all 3 tubes into my purge pile and will be giving away to friends and family.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by StefyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got two samples with my unzipped palate and it creases like crazy. Hate this. Going back to urban decay

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i hate this primer. i've only gotten the sample sizes with my pro pallet 1&2 so i've never bought it, but i wouldn't after trying it. I LOVE lorac products especially the pallets but not this. it doesn't crease on me but it does nothing for the colors, doesn't make them pop or vibrant, and i feel like overtime the color becomes muted and almost transparent. definitely doesn't have good staying power. I prefer the NYX HD eyeshadow base over this, every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample size with my Lorac pro palette. Its a very light and creamy formula where a little goes a long way and creates a smooth base to work on. This is what I have observed using this with my 3 main types of eye shadows: Urban decay, Too Faced and Lorac.

Lorac: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing and the colour stays true.

Urban Decay: Shadows glide on smoothly but crease as the day goes on and are creased quite badly by the end of the day.

Too Faced: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing but the shadow colours fade and go more muted as the day goes on.

I'm going to stick with UDPP, TFSI and Nars as they are higher performing - but will use this tube up with my pro palette shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Carson123

Received a sample with my Pro Palette and have tried with both Lorac and non-Lorac (but similar quality eye shadow brands, UD, the Balm, etc). This primer did nothing to keep shadow on. Within a few hours, it looked as if I used no primer at all. And I don't have oily eyelids. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've received numerous samples of the Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer with assorted Lorac palettes I've purchased from Ulta. This primer actually does what it claims to do, it keeps my shadow/liner on longer & I have never had any creasing issues. My lids tend to be a tad oily so primer is a must for me in order to get any longevity what-so-ever out of eyeshadow/eyeliner (regardless of the brand). I also use this on my lower lash line as well as my brows to prep for my liners and Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. It works equally well on my brows also. It has no discernible smell to me and blends out easily leaving behind the perfect canvas to work with. I go back and forth between this and my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I think both perform their intended task equally well, but the Urban Decay doesn't blend out as well in my brow hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

This primer works great for me doesn't crease and last. I would definitely buy this again.