October 30, 2014 | 1661 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like Tresemme products, so this conditioner truly is a diamond in the rough. It's so unlike all of Tresemme's other products (that I've tried, at least) to the point where it just seems like an entirely different brand in a Tresemme bottle.
Price: Though I'm not a Tresemme fan, I do love the quantity of product they give for the price. They've stuck with the tradition of giving consumers an enormous bottle of product for around $3-$4 for a long time. That gives budget-conscious consumers a more sensible option. I can dig it. This conditioner, though part of the "Naturals" line, is no exception to the Tresemme tradition.
Packaging: Huge white bottle, medium thickness, squeezable plastic. The graphics are actually a bit classy- it's just a spin on the original Tresemme labels but with a swooping leaf instead of the regular swoop. The fonts are well-placed and uncluttered. They still have the obligatory green and brown "earthy" color scheme to go with the whole natural thing, but whatever. It's probably some sort of "consumers won't recognize that this product is 'natural' if our packaging doesn't have green and some kind of vegetation on it."
Consistency: Opaque white, and actually kind of thin. I normally prefer thicker conditioners, but this is a total exception for me. Its consistency, while not super-thick, provides a ridiculous amount of slip and detangling. More on that later.
Scent: Kind of... odd. Not bad odd, just, faint and nondescript. It's kind of fruity, kind of oat-ish, but altogether smells a bit faint. I thought it was just my bottle, but it seems like it's every one, because I've been through this one a few times. Mind you, it's not a bad smell. It's actually pretty nice and fresh, but to my nose it's not the best fragrance. It's probably better that it's not such a strong fragrance, though. Fewer perfume ingredients and no cloying smell.
Ingredients: Of course, no cones! Just fatty acids and detangling agents, with the good stuff (avocado and aloe) at towards the bottom of the list. And it has alcohol. Myeh. Those latter couple of factors bother me a bit, but the performance of this conditioner makes up for them.
Performance: Aaaaah, miraculous! My hair LOVES cones, and this is cone free, but my hair does NOT care! Like I said above, its detangling and slip properties are SUPERIOR. It glides right through my thick, dry, long, curly hair with ridiculous ease and makes my hair washing experience much less of a hassle. It makes post-shower detangling and combing easier, and the moisture lasts in my hair until the next wash. it makes my hair quite shiny and helps form a curl well considering how light it is. I don't even have to use a crap ton of it. Once again, the fragrance isn't strong at all so it doesn't linger and clash with anything.
Overall: I've been using this conditioner for about a half a year now and have been through a couple of bottles. I'm in love with it. No, I don't co-wash with it, so I can't comment on that, but I use a gentle shampoo prior. Let's just hope Tresemme doesn't discontinue this, because this conditioner is one of the best drugstore hair care buys of all time. You get a ton of amazing product for an extremely modest price, it's relatively available, and seems suitable for most hair types. This conditioner is quite fabulous, and I highly recommend it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xspookykittyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an HG product for me! I follow what's called a CG (Curly Girl) routine which means I don't use sulfates or silicones. I have a few conditioners that I rotate between and when i see a new one I always want to try it. The price is awesome, especially for such a huge bottle. I use this conditioner as a leave-in/styler though! While it's pretty good for conditioning, i have others that work better. I usually use Kinky-Curly Knot Today and Curling Custard, and I love them but it's kind of easy to use too much and it takes forever to dry on my hair. I just apply this stuff after rinsing out my conditioner, on damp hair, i have hip length hair and I use a quarter size dollop on both sections of my hair. It doesn't take long to dry and leaves me with VERY soft, bouncy ringlets and curls! I have to add that I've tried other Tresemme stuff and they all sucked lol. VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS! :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*Update October 2013: I did finally find the reformulated product! I used it for a while and it is definitely more moisturizing than the original formula, but I don't think that it is ideal for my hair for regular use. I think the issue is that avocado oil is a thicker, heavier oil and thus does not really absorb into the hair. This leads to my hair eventually not getting enough water and to the hair being a bit weighed down. however, I did still get great shine and nice curls with it. I've been experimenting a LOT with products lately so I'm still doing to play around with this conditioner now that I think I've found my ideal hair gel. I have also just bought the vibrantly smooth version and it is quite lovely, I think that it might become my new cowash/rinse out/leave in. Otherwise these will be used in rotation. Definitely still recommend trying it out, but I still experienced some of the issues I had with the old formula!

This is a review based on the old formula with isopropyl alcohol. I have yet to try (or find) the new reformulation that removed this ingredient.

Claims - True or False?
1) Moisturizes hair for protection against damage and breakage: Mostly true
2) Lightweight conditioning: Mostly true
3) Hair is noticeably more manageable and smooth: Mostly true
4) Hair 10x stronger after just one use: False

Packaging:
Comes in a large white plastic squeeze bottle with an easy press-down cap. Ingredients listed on the back of the product are easy to read, the size of the bottle is comfortable in my hand, it doesn't collect water, the plastic is malleable enough to dispense product without too much force but without excess being released (usually), cap is easy to screw off, and aesthetically it's very appealing. One drawback is that the plastic is very smooth so you may drop it, and another is that the bottle can't be stored upside-down.

Formula:
The conditioner is silicone-, glycerin-, and protein-free; these are the reasons I wanted to give it a second try (will talk more about that below). It's a moderately thick white product that doesn't drip or run but it spreads very nicely and has an almost silicone-y feel to it. It has a relatively strong fragrance, and for me this is not a drawback as I quite like the fragrance. I don't know what it smells like but it is a nice, light, clean smell. I think it does linger in the hair when used as a rinse-out but I'm unsure since I also use it as a leave-in.

Performance:
I first tried this conditioner in December or January when I decided to start cowashing my hair. At that time I really disliked it after about a month of use - my hair was not very curly, kind of dry, and the longer I'd go without cowashing the oilier my hair would get. Since discovering that my hair is likely sensitive to glycerin and possibly to protein I decided to give it a shot again because my old Suave just wasn't hydrating enough for my hair. I started using this and noticed that it gave me great sheen to my hair. Once I started using it as a leave-in on damp hair (t-shirt dried) I started to get great curl and minimal frizz and it absorbed great! However, like the first time I used it there is a slight residue that causes a bit of a greasy feeling - my guess is the copolymer ingredient, which is still in the new formula. I have been using it as a daily/every shower cowash though, and have decided to try it out as a once a week cowash and used every shower as a leave-in and rinse out if needed because my old routine was to cowash only 1-2x a week. I will update after a few weeks/months if I see a change. It can weigh my hair down a bit but I think that's more an issue with using too much of it as a leave-in, as I'm still working on how much of it to use. As for the residue, I do also think that using too much of the product can make the residue issue worse or cause it entirely, since it is a pretty rich product and my hair is fine. The conditioner also needs to be well rinsed out otherwise I will get flat hair, so this is another thing to keep in mind about the weight of the product. It does seem to give nice moisture but I'm not completely sure how long it lasts.

Bang for your Buck:
The conditioner is around $5 for a 700ml bottle. If cowashing with it you might use it up sooner, but even with daily use I've only used a small amount of what I had left.

Final Consensus:
I'm not totally sure if this is THE right conditioner for my routine but I love how it makes my curls actually curl and keeps the frizz down, and adds so much shine in a way that other conditioners haven't been able to do. There are so few conditioners that meet my needs so I will continue to use this one and experiment to see if I can get better results, as the initial greasiness I got the first time I tried this out could have been a transition phase and not the conditioner alone. I am likely going to try the Radiant Volume formula as it does not contain the copolymer and thus might work better for cowashing, but I'd still love using this one as a leave-in.
* Overall Rating: 4/5
* Price: 1/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: Yes

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Missy78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an incredible conditioner! I have just past shoulder length curly 3b/3c hair which is medium coarse and porous. I use this conditioner as a co-wash and a detangler. It has a lot of slip and smells great. It leaves my hair feeling very soft and frizz free. For me personally it's a great and much less expensive alternative to Kinky Curly Knot Today. This product is one of my staples and will continue to be so until they don't make it anymore. I would say it's definitely one of the best silicone free drug store conditioners on the market today and the price point is great considering how much your getting..can't beat it! I was thrilled to be in my local grocery store one day and found a Tresemme Naturals bottle with a salon pump on it! What I do is just keep refilling it with the product and I keep that one in my shower for easy dispensing! I highly recommend this conditioner to people with curls!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by avril18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is dry,a mixture of 3b,2b,3c and 3a, but mostly 3b.i know weird lol
i don't understand why it gets a 3.8, this is the best conditioner I've used in my entire life!!! i've been using this conditioner for the past 6 or 7 months.
1.it's silicone free for those that don't like to use silicones.
2.it has avocado oil in the first 5 ingredients,perfect for dry hair.
3.has a lot of slip,this makes detangling a breeze
4.is probably the second cheapest conditioner that's good for dry,curly hair, or just co wash,really you can use it either way, although i prefer Vo5 shea cashmere for co wash,but this one is more moisturizing,thicker and provides more slip.
5.overall this is the best daily conditioner i've used plus is so cheap, i buy this at walmart for 4 dollars and the bottle is 25oz. the only little bad thing is that it doesn't come with a pump but is fine. this is part of my staple products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really amazing product for the money. This stuff is great for detangling, especially since it's so cheap and at least for me I sometimes need to use gobs and gobs of it when my hair gets in knots. It's also a great conditioner and cowash. I wish they sold this stuff in a bigger bottle, though. I highly recommend it for CGs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. My 4c type hair is no match for this conditioner. Its moisturizing and most importantly for me an excellent detangler. After I shampoo I apply this to my hair and leave it on for a few minutes. I then detangle (tip to roots) with a wide/long tooth comb. I also use a little as a leave in for added moisture. This has really helped me with my transition from relaxed to natural hair. Before this, I really didn't think that I could do it. Oh! And you can't beat that price. Just thinking about it makes me want to run to Target to stock up! (One lippie off because I do miss the slip of silicone conditioners, but this is much better for the health of my hair).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

No lie, this gives basically the best slip & moisturized feel of any conditioner I've used, ever. It's right up there with silicone-monster pantene medium-thick conditioner, even though this is silicone free. It smells fine, not really like anything in particular just an inoffensive, clean hair producty smell. I'm delighted to have found such a dirt cheap, effective, silicone free option that works so awesome on my tangly, 3a curly, colored hair. :) highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this conditioner for a week and am really happy with it. I have very curly hair that is also very fine and brittle and breaks easily. I use this as a leave-in which may be too heavy for someone with fine straight hair but for me it's working great. My hair feels very healthy and the ends don't have that dry as straw, break-on-a-whim feeling. I have been looking for something to replace my Redken conditioner that I've used for years and I think this is the one. Great price, no heavy scent, and works. I'm very very happy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this with the matching shampoo. This stuff is horrible. The shampoo was not very good, but this is just nasty. The scent of this is so disgusting and I actually thought it was spoiled. The worse part of this is that this conditioner did nothing. Absolutely nothing. I actually had to use another conditioner on top of this because this provided such little moisture. A horrible example of bad drugstore hair products.