November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is quite possibly the worst foundation I've ever bought. It's trully, really awful. I have very oily acne prone skin and I am not sure why the SA thought this would be very appropriate for me, especially when I asked for a matte foundation.

I was given shade NC35 (I am NC35 in their Prolongwear and Studio Fix) but this looks way to dark on me. Even worse, it won't stay for more than a few hours after applying, no matter what I do (primer or not). It sits on pores and lines, and I usually end up looking like an oil slick a few minutes after application. I also noticed that if I use it for a few days, my skin doesn't like it at all - it gives me bumps etc all over the place. In fact, I have this problem with all Mac foundations, including their loose powder. I should have known!

If you have very oily skin, I would really avoid this and find a powder compact instead. I had much better luck with Shiseido's UV Protective compact foundation (it even seems to clear my skin for some very odd reason!) and I think I've had enough with Mac's foundations. Great shades, but my skin does not seem to like them at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by harrietconnellx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Complete waste of money. I only wear Mac and in general I love their products. I decided to try new foundation instead of face and body and originally tried to buy the studio tech foundation and was pushed into buying this one by the assistant, to find it to be a complete waste of money. After using it numerous times I have found it draws attention to your pores by making them seem bigger, it creases ridiculously easily and is a complete waste of money, much better off with Matchmaster or Pro longwear. I was told you would not need powder with it as it turns into a powder, however that is incorrect. Will certainly never be spending my money on this product again and will not be allowing myself to be pushed towards a different foundation then the one I go into the shop intending to buy. It makes dry skin look flaky and the coverage is appalling if you only put a little on, however goes cakey if you put more on. Would never advise anyone to use it - had nothing but disappointment! Very expensive to be disappointed in, only thing I like about it is the packaging as the separate compartment is convenient to put a sponge in.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Older1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This past winter was very cold and dry in the East - unusually so, and my sensitive older skin got even drier and more sensitive than it already was. I have sun damage and uneven pigmentation, large pores - in other words, my skin is far from perfect. I wanted a foundation that would provide medium coverage, and my aesthetician recommended some type of mineral foundation to replace my other foundation which is now irritating my skin.

I am using NC25. A little of this foundation goes a very long way! I have had the most success by applying it in a very sheer coat and letting it dry, then reapplying another sheer coat over it. It doesn't cover everything, but it mutes imperfections and evens tone very nicely. The finish is different - not matte, not dewy - more of a satin finish that makes my old tired skin look so much better yet natural. It does not settle into lines (at least not on my skin). It does appear a little darker when I apply it, but theh color lightens almost immediately when it dries.

I have read many of the other reviews, and I agree with the review that said a duo fiber brush was important for successful application of this foundation. But for me, the use of a silicon primer did not seem to make any difference. I did find it absolutely necessary to let my moisturizer absorb completely before I applied this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS NOT DISCONTINUED IN AUSTRALIA.

THE FORMULA:
MAC Mineralize Foundation is a crème formula and is VERY HYDRATING which is great for DRY SKIN but will be problematic for oilier skin types.

THE COLOR RANGE:
MAC is famous for their generous color range! No problems here. I think this product runs a little darker because I was matched to NC30. I usually wear NC35-40.

THE APPLICATION:
I applied this with the latex sponge provided and I found that it was absorbing a lot of product. I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers.

I feel as though this foundation has a very low pigment content because it is EXTREMELY SHEER. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation.

STAYING POWER:
The staying power of this Foundation is VERY POOR. It also oxidizes and become up to a whole shade darker.

THE VERDICT:
Honestly, this is just a tinted moisturizer in crème formula, I will not be purchasing this again.

Check out my BLOG for more info and PICS: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first MAC foundation I'd ever got and I can say I am fairly happy with it I love using it, I don't use it as much because I only like to wear on special occasions but I've seen reviews of people saying the product only lasted -2 wks which is crazy because I've had it for many months and I still havent even emptied half yet! I love using it and does make my skin look like skin it doesn't break me out and you may have to touch up if you have oily skin with setting powder but other than that I really do like this product and would def. Buy more!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed with this foundation. Here's why:

This was sold to me as a high coverage, moisturising creme foundation that is long lasting and that a little goes a long way.
Only one of these claims were correct- moisturising.
The coverage is light unless I use it as spack-filler. It reminds me of a tinted moisturiser in a solid form and you really have to layer to get any form of coverage.
There is something like 10g of product in the pan, and I have had this product for less than 2 weeks and I have already hit pan. For this amount of $$ for so little product that you need to layer is just ridiculous.

Does not last long, needs touching up in about 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by saynotococo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG foundie. I used to love the stick foundie but MAC no longer made it (great loss for me). This is quite a great replacement imo. A bit lighter in texture than the stick, but it still gives you nice coverage that you can build on easily. I don't have to wear a setting powder and it still looks ok. Please note that it won't give you full coverage, you still need concealer to perfectly cover spots.
Application is also very easy and quick. Just build the layers as you go along till you find the right coverage for you.
I do have to say though, compared to the stick, this one doesn't last that long. I still need touch ups every a few (3-4) hours or so, as the t-zone area is starting to get a bit oily after some time.
I am saying bye bye to all the other foundies.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Leilani702

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth the $. For MAC, I was surprised. This is advertised as great for dry skin, and hydrating. NO. It's just average you can find the same cream to power foundation almost anywhere for a lot less. Disappointing. Sinks into lines and imperfections, cakes up and accentuates pores :( Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, it's official: I'm now at the stage in my life when I like moisturising foundations. This one gives medium coverage and the NC42 is a perfect match (much like the Face & Body in C4+C5) and with more neutral undertones/less intense pigmentation than other formulations in the NC range. Very pleased!

Nice, moist feel. I use my fingers instead of the sponge because it allows me to apply sparingly. I prefer to use Studio Sculpt under my eyes because of its texture/brightness, but this works for the rest of my face - and I don't use very much or take it out towards the jawline. I'm not sure I'd call the cover 'natural' - not much skin shows through, even used sparingly. For that (a more natural finish) I'd probably go back to a couple of pea sized amounts of F&B.

I bought this because I like using professional creams like Ben Nye and RCMA, but wanted a nice compact version with a mirror, and also one where I knew my exact shade and didn't have to mix. Plus I trust MAC's formulations -- this is my favourite compact cream. I used Bobbi Brown's Cream Compact (dis/c) years ago, but it had a slightly grey look and gave my face a 'consumptive' quality. No such issues with Mineralize. Bright enough to match my skin and give it a lift, but not too heavy on the yellow.

Whatever I try -- Bobbi Brown, Professional base, Prescriptives or Mercier, I *always* come back to MAC. They produce the correct formulations in the right shades for my skin type and colour -- and the price is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Ive always wanted tot ry this because they say it looks like skin, and it does.
It is a cream foundation that i paid $59AUD for, i think its about 10ml (i am not entirely sure though). comes in a container/compact similar to studio fix powder plus foundation, with a sponge at the bottom of the flip top.
i can nc30 in this, i am nc 40 in pro longwear and a 4 in matchmaster. I use MSFN in med-dark to set this foundation because it is abit light for me, and the nc35 was too yellow for my tone.
It looks amazing on for the first 4 hours, then my oily skin tends to break through. it doesnt feel heavy, but you can feel something there and there is no smell.
I apply with a sigmaf84 brush and pat/buff into the skin, and it looks very natural and almost undetectable.
the coverage is medium and you can sheer it down to light if you use a wet sponge. it covers my acne scars well though not red pus pimples. i still need a concealer.
It does not control oil very well and for me, doe snot stick to my ry patches around my mouth. at about the 4th hour, it mixes with my oils and goes patchy and kid of, fades into an oily mess?
i would reccomdned this for people with dry skin, and for those days you only need to go out for a couple of hours. i imagine it would be great on people with dry/normal skin thats why i gave it a 5