April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS NOT DISCONTINUED IN AUSTRALIA.

THE FORMULA:
MAC Mineralize Foundation is a crème formula and is VERY HYDRATING which is great for DRY SKIN but will be problematic for oilier skin types.

THE COLOR RANGE:
MAC is famous for their generous color range! No problems here. I think this product runs a little darker because I was matched to NC30. I usually wear NC35-40.

THE APPLICATION:
I applied this with the latex sponge provided and I found that it was absorbing a lot of product. I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers.

I feel as though this foundation has a very low pigment content because it is EXTREMELY SHEER. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation.

STAYING POWER:
The staying power of this Foundation is VERY POOR. It also oxidizes and become up to a whole shade darker.

THE VERDICT:
Honestly, this is just a tinted moisturizer in crème formula, I will not be purchasing this again.

Check out my BLOG for more info and PICS: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first MAC foundation I'd ever got and I can say I am fairly happy with it I love using it, I don't use it as much because I only like to wear on special occasions but I've seen reviews of people saying the product only lasted -2 wks which is crazy because I've had it for many months and I still havent even emptied half yet! I love using it and does make my skin look like skin it doesn't break me out and you may have to touch up if you have oily skin with setting powder but other than that I really do like this product and would def. Buy more!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed with this foundation. Here's why:

This was sold to me as a high coverage, moisturising creme foundation that is long lasting and that a little goes a long way.
Only one of these claims were correct- moisturising.
The coverage is light unless I use it as spack-filler. It reminds me of a tinted moisturiser in a solid form and you really have to layer to get any form of coverage.
There is something like 10g of product in the pan, and I have had this product for less than 2 weeks and I have already hit pan. For this amount of $$ for so little product that you need to layer is just ridiculous.

Does not last long, needs touching up in about 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by saynotococo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG foundie. I used to love the stick foundie but MAC no longer made it (great loss for me). This is quite a great replacement imo. A bit lighter in texture than the stick, but it still gives you nice coverage that you can build on easily. I don't have to wear a setting powder and it still looks ok. Please note that it won't give you full coverage, you still need concealer to perfectly cover spots.
Application is also very easy and quick. Just build the layers as you go along till you find the right coverage for you.
I do have to say though, compared to the stick, this one doesn't last that long. I still need touch ups every a few (3-4) hours or so, as the t-zone area is starting to get a bit oily after some time.
I am saying bye bye to all the other foundies.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Leilani702

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth the $. For MAC, I was surprised. This is advertised as great for dry skin, and hydrating. NO. It's just average you can find the same cream to power foundation almost anywhere for a lot less. Disappointing. Sinks into lines and imperfections, cakes up and accentuates pores :( Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, it's official: I'm now at the stage in my life when I like moisturising foundations. This one gives medium coverage and the NC42 is a perfect match (much like the Face & Body in C4+C5) and with more neutral undertones/less intense pigmentation than other formulations in the NC range. Very pleased!

Nice, moist feel. I use my fingers instead of the sponge because it allows me to apply sparingly. I prefer to use Studio Sculpt under my eyes because of its texture/brightness, but this works for the rest of my face - and I don't use very much or take it out towards the jawline. I'm not sure I'd call the cover 'natural' - not much skin shows through, even used sparingly. For that (a more natural finish) I'd probably go back to a couple of pea sized amounts of F&B.

I bought this because I like using professional creams like Ben Nye and RCMA, but wanted a nice compact version with a mirror, and also one where I knew my exact shade and didn't have to mix. Plus I trust MAC's formulations -- this is my favourite compact cream. I used Bobbi Brown's Cream Compact (dis/c) years ago, but it had a slightly grey look and gave my face a 'consumptive' quality. No such issues with Mineralize. Bright enough to match my skin and give it a lift, but not too heavy on the yellow.

Whatever I try -- Bobbi Brown, Professional base, Prescriptives or Mercier, I *always* come back to MAC. They produce the correct formulations in the right shades for my skin type and colour -- and the price is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Ive always wanted tot ry this because they say it looks like skin, and it does.
It is a cream foundation that i paid $59AUD for, i think its about 10ml (i am not entirely sure though). comes in a container/compact similar to studio fix powder plus foundation, with a sponge at the bottom of the flip top.
i can nc30 in this, i am nc 40 in pro longwear and a 4 in matchmaster. I use MSFN in med-dark to set this foundation because it is abit light for me, and the nc35 was too yellow for my tone.
It looks amazing on for the first 4 hours, then my oily skin tends to break through. it doesnt feel heavy, but you can feel something there and there is no smell.
I apply with a sigmaf84 brush and pat/buff into the skin, and it looks very natural and almost undetectable.
the coverage is medium and you can sheer it down to light if you use a wet sponge. it covers my acne scars well though not red pus pimples. i still need a concealer.
It does not control oil very well and for me, doe snot stick to my ry patches around my mouth. at about the 4th hour, it mixes with my oils and goes patchy and kid of, fades into an oily mess?
i would reccomdned this for people with dry skin, and for those days you only need to go out for a couple of hours. i imagine it would be great on people with dry/normal skin thats why i gave it a 5

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only foundation that has worked for me. tried many others from Mac and Lancome TIU but they dried me out. I absolutely love this foundation but the shades NW50 and NW55 are being discountinued which is a shame. Very disappinted with Mac continuously getting ride of darker shades. one lasts me about months since i only use a little for super light coverage with a 187 brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

The NC20 was a good match as usual. Nice shade. Good staying power.
But if you put this on your eyelids, it bunches up like cray cray. Definitely not suitable for eye area. Also, this, even layered four times, did NOT cover my blue undereye area or veins on the side of my forehead. It corrected some of the redness in my face, but that's it. You could still see my acne scars very much under this. Too sheer for me. Did not cake though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Tkcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first make-up I'd ever purchase from MAC! Excellent product! It's a mixture of powder and foundation that's good for an everyday look. I'm NC45 and the color is a perfect match!