October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I bought this product when in search of a liquid foundation that isn't drying that would give me slightly more coverage than my tinted moisturiser but still looking natural. Essentially, an everyday foundation for the bad skin days. I bought this based on the amazing reviews here on MUA.

I was definitely glad I gave it a try, the price is respectable at £9.99, I usually get more high end foundations. The finish is great, can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Doesn't get in my dry flakes, just gives a soft focus effect. No break outs for me either! The texture is like a syrupy liquid, I think this is due to the silicones in it. For reference, I am an NC30 in the summer (when I'm writing this review), but I really ought to be NC25. I purchased this in 55 Dark beige as 54 looked a bit light in the store. I am one of those people who wear foundations a bit darker than they should because my usual skintone (say in winter) is NC20 and when tanned I drop to NC30. I found 55 was pushing the boundaries of NC30 for me. The reason why I plumped for the darker is because I knew I'd use a brightening powder on top and I thought if I opted for 54 I might look too pale. I feel like there is a tinge of orange in this so I'm being cautious and light handed, but these cons are entirely my fault for not buying 54 which in retrospect was probably better for when my tan fades in Autumn. I appreciate that the foundations aren't pinky. I hate pinky based foundations and am defo pro the yellow tones. All in all if you want a light-medium coverage with a natural soft finish, I would recommend this for sure, especially at the bargain price. I'll still use this whilst summer lasts and then rebuy 54 for winter.

SHADE MATCHER
(thought I'd make a comprehensive list of all the shade match ups of all the reviews-healthy mix vs. MAC!)

51= 4 ppl say NC/W10, 3 say NC/W15, 2 say NC/W20
52= 4 ppl say NC/W20, 2 ppl say NC/W25
53= 1 say NC/W20, 2 say NC/W25, 1 say Nc/W27, 2 say NC/W30
54= 1 say NC/W20, 2 say NC/W30
55= 1 say NC/W30, 3 say NC/W35
56= 1 say NC/W34, 1 say NC/W35

As you can see, there is a lot of overlap, but hope this helps people narrow down the search. I think it's more a personal preference as to whether you prefer to look on the lighter side or tanned side of your natural shade. If in doubt aim in the middle. The finish is natural looking enough to get away with the shade either side.

153 out of 153 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, breakout-prone combo skin that can be very, very fussy when it comes to foundation. I've been wearing loose mineral foundation for a few years now and it was the first foundation I found that didn't make me break out. However, as I've turned 40, I've started to wonder if powder foundation isn't just a wee bit aging, and maybe I need a bit more moisture, so when I saw the Healthy Mix foundation at 50% off I thought I'd give it a try.

I've been using it now for two weeks and I think I can safely say that it doesn't break me out, even though it has a 'cone in it, which luckily I didn't know about before I bought it, because I would never have bought it at all. 'cones are not my friends.

As the other reviewers have said, Healthy Mix is a light liquid in a very nice pump pack. Only two small pumps provide plenty to do my face, neck and decolletage. It's easy to blend and despite its thin texture, it gives very good medium coverage. Depending on the humidity of the day, I sometimes put a dusting of Jurlique Silk Dust on my T-zone but otherwise the Healthy Mix is matte enough not to need it. Of course it is nowhere near as matte as my mineral foundation, but then that is what I wanted when I bought it. Another thing I really liked about mineral foundations is that they didn't make me itch, whereas it seemed that all other non-mineral foundations did, but the Healthy Mix doesn't make me itch at all!

I bought Light Beige and it blends to a pretty good match with my skin colour. To give you an idea of it's tone, I have also worn N2 in MAC Face and Body, Sand in Almay foundations, Frisky Chartreux in Meow Cosmetics and Medium Beige Neutral in Everyday Minerals.

Healthy Mix definitely does not last through a whole day at work, but I really don't expect any foundation to do that. It doesn't wear off in a patchy way, so it doesn't look as if my makeup is disappearing, it just looks like my skin,but better.

If my skin continues to like this stuff, I'll continue to buy it.

EDIT: Six months later I'm still using and still loving the Healthy Mix. My very fussy skin still hasn't broken out because of this and, don't tell anyone but I've even slept in it with no repercussions. Brilliant stuff and I hope they never ever discontinue it.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I finally got an authentic foundation of this. To read about how a fake one is, look further down in the review.
My skin type is dry and quite sensitive. I don't really flake, but my skin can look tight with the wrong foundation. I have pretty good skin, but a few scars from old pimples, slightly red areas and sometimes blotchy skin.
I'm about a MAC NC15 right now, and have this foundation in 51, which is the lightest shade. The undertone is yellow, but still not quite yellow enough for my very light olive skin, and also a tiny bit too dark. If you really like this foundation, you can always fix the colour with some colour corrector (which of course, you can use to correct other foundations too). Here are some links:
Kett colour corrector:
Coastal Scents colour corrector:
Other options are also Illamasqua's white foundations and Temptu's colour correctors. There's also MAC Face & Body in white, but I don't like its very watery consistency that sheers foundation out too much for my taste, and also, the smell is blah...
The coverage of this is light, but a bit buildable without getting cakey. Actually, both this foundation and the Serum Gel one looks better on me further out in the day - they get a smoother surface. This has a natural glowy finish on me. If you're looking for medium-heavy coverage, you're better off with something else. This looks natural BTW: girls that use foundation themselves (and don't look like they do) didn't think I wore foundation X) I really like a natural look!
I give this only a 4 because its not for my skin type. I think this foundation is more for people with normal skin. People with dry skin are better off with the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. I also have problems putting this over my moisturiser - it makes this streaky and slow-drying. I usually put my foundation on with my fingers, but for this one I need to use a beauty blender. Because this dries my skin out a little, I NEED a moisturiser. A beauty blender is the only way I can manage to actually put this over my moisturiser without the foundation sliding around. Although it's not for my skin type, I don't want to throw it if I can somehow use it. UPDATE: now I have normal skin and this looks better on me than the serum-gel foundation.
Neither this or the serum-gel foundation clog my pores, but this does break me out a little if I wear it for a couple of weeks, but the problem is solved quite easily just by using a different foundation for a little time. When I take this off before bed I don't see any accentuation of my redness or blotchiness. This does have perfume in it, which some people may not like.
This doesn't last on me as well as I'd like - the Serum Gel lasts longer. UPDATE: on normal skin, this lasts longer than the serum gel.
I suspect it's because this if more for a normal skin type. And also I think this would last longer without moisturiser under, but as said: I need it. To blot with a paper tissue can prolong wear time. To press some powder over it then dust excess off with a brush, may help too.
Would I recommend this? Yes. I you have normal skin that's yellow toned and you want a foundation that looks natural and you have pretty clear skin than needs no more than medium coverage: go for it! It's cheep compared with many other foundations and it has a nice finish. You really WILL look healthy! And: the Healthy Mix AND Serum Gel foundations are to me comparable with high end makeup... and I have a lot of it :]
HOW A FAKE BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION IS:
I spoke with a reviewer here that also got a fake foundation off ebay. It IS possible to get the real deal there, but you should ask the seller if it's authentic. If you find out that a product you bought isn't authentic, you should open a case through PayPal. It is really simple, but it means you HAVE TO use PayPal when you pay for your item!
My fake foundation:
- smelt like the type of non-toxic glue one has in kindergartens, while the real should smell something between raspberry/peach/litchi - nice, fruity smell
- the colour was kinda right, but it had a slightly greyish/too pink undertone - the real one isn't even a tiny bit greyish and clearly yellow
- you can screw the pump off - look out for this! It shouldn't be possible to open this foundation!! This is a sure sign of it being fake!
- had a very siliconey feel and didn't set - the real foundation isn't slippery. Some say it's like Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in consistency, but I don't agree - it's not as slippery as VA
- I felt the fake one on my skin very well - the real one is much lighter, although some may be able to feel it. Then you might want to try the Serum Gel one
- expiery dates are copied,so there's no point checking them. Site for checking expiration dates by batch code (on bottom of foundation, 4 digits): http://checkcosmetic.net/
- the packaging is very similar to the real one, so even if you have a real and fake standing side by side, you might not see any difference
BTW: I have had about 30 foundations till now and I have some reviews up for foundations, although there are many more to review. Click my use name, go to my reviews and choose "foundations" as category to sort them out :) Your're free to ask me questions if you want :]

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

I dont normally write review on products but in the past year i have probably tried about 5 different foundations to find my HG.
I used to use benefit non-fiction but they discontinued it and it didnt last great on warm or long days at work, usually melted showing my acne scars thugh the colour match was perfect with no.2 - pale yellow undertones.
In the past year have tried:
1) maybelline dream satin liquid - didnt last long, bit oily, not a good colour match (either too pale or too dark/orange), good consistency and texture.
2) L'oreal true match foundation - too thin, didnt cover great even when layering, colour match no good either too pale or too dark/orange
3) Max Factor lasting performance - very good consistency and lasted well, not too thick or masky, poor colour match, too dark or pale.
4) Revlon colorstay - Lasted very well, good consistency and coverage. Looked too matte, fake, mask-like, too thick in some areas and hard to apply. Looked bad on pictures - too powdery, ghost-like and tired. Colour match wasn't bad but not perfect.

Now on to Bourjois healthy mix, i went to boots to buy the new revlon photoready as saw an advert in boots magazine for it and it was on website, alas not for sale in shops yet. Looked around and saw this, information looked interesting, said it lasts 16hrs and has fruit extracts and is meant to make you look radiant.
It was on offer for £6.99, probably the cheapest price ive paid for a foundation, benefit was £19.50! I tested the colours and thought 53 beige clair suited me best. I also got the concealer which was also on offer.
This foundation is very light in texture and runny, i normally go for slightly thicker foundations to cover acne scars (at 28!) but this covers nicely, and i normally put extra foundation and their concealer on scars or under-eye dark circles.
This actually left me radiant and healthy looking like i had been on holiday, not the fake tan orange look that some foundations give. Doesn't oxidise so stays same colour all day and lasts decent amount when used with smashbox primer and pressed powder.
It has a nice apricot smell which isnt too strong and the bottle has a pump which i love, it is also light and small to put in your handbag if you want.
It is quick to apply, easily buildable and i am pleasantly surprised by this, although it doesnt last as long as it says on my normal to oily skin, more 6-8 hrs and too thin to cover dark under eye circles on its own.
The best part of this foundation is it feels you have nothing on, which is a complete change to revlon colorstay!
I would definately buy this again! Please do not discontinue this!
Edit: been using this for about a month and have had no breakouts and i have occasionally had breakouts from other products previously.

Edit about 2 months after using this product, i have to say i love it and have upgraded it to a 5. It leaves skin feeling healthy, not dry like revlon colourstay and not oily or greasy. Lasts ok, might need a few layers if you have scars to last in summer. Best of all it makes my skin look and feel smooth and doesnt feel like a mask, rarely have to wear concealer, feels light but covers nicely. Have rebought and will keep rebuying, its my HG, finally found what i was looking for!!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

~~My skin~~: normal, no pimples, not prone to breakouts, large pores, lots of blackheads on nose. Fair/medium with pink undertones so for reference I wear MAC NC25 or NC30 when tanned.

~~Product~~: Bourjois healthymix foundation in shade 53: beige clair/light beige

~~Shades~~: at first I thought this was too orange and dark for me, but now it looks like a good match (im a bit more tanned now) as I am normally a NC25 but now am a NC30. So IMO, NC25=52 and NC30=53. The undertones are neutral which is good cos it will suit most people, not a pink tone in sight (YAY!) but i tend to like my foundations really yellow based which is why i usually wear MAC foundations.. I have pink skin that looks nice and normal with a yellow toned foundation to counteract the pink.

~~Coverage~~: medium (maybe on the sheerer side of a medium), freckles on my nose still show, but skin tone evens out nicely.

~~Application~~: I found the best finish was when i pumped out 1 blob on my finger then dotted on my face, then another pump and dot that on my face, then stipple and buff in with a sigma F80 flat top kabuki. blends and spreads incredibly well.

~~Finish~~: very glowy, like a healthy glow.. not a sweaty look at all. however i wasnt so keen on my nose being glowy, so i would always apply a loose powder just to my nose with this foundation, but the glow it gives on the cheeks is beautiful... like an actual glow, not a "chunks of glitter" glow. It can feel sticky at first before it dries, but it is very light on the skin afterwards. Evens out skin tone well, covers redness well, freckles still show through (which i like!)

~~Durability~~: I was surprised this actually lasted a long time (i doubt it'll look good for 16 hrs, but why would i wear a foundation for 16 hours anyway?), and didn't get cakey or patchy. However I always wear a primer so I wouldnt know how it would hold up without primer. It definantly lasts well through a 9 hour work day and still looks good.

~~Other~~: Very strong smell of apricots, which i kinda like! I've always noticed after wearing this foundation that my skin looks and feels so moisturized and looks healthy and supple which is a bonus, i never knew wearing a foundation could be good for your skin!

~~Overall~~: I give it a 4, losing 1 mark because the shade range is limited (i dont think they cater for very pale skin or dark skin.) Even though the shade i have is neutral toned (which is nice) i would really love if it was more yellow undertoned. It lasts well, evens out my skin, gives the most beautiful glow, doesnt get oily, doesn't feel heavy or cakey (revlon colorstay I'm looking at you) so its just a lovely, pleasant, modest foundation :)

EDIT: this has broken me out :( so I give it a 3/5. At first I thought it was this, as whenever i wore it, the next day i would have a little pimple somewhere on my face but I ignored it thinking it was just stress.. but a few weeks ago when i was not stressed from anything I wore it for a whole week and accumulated a few pimples under the skin (not cystic ones). My skin has now cleared since ive stopped using this. Ive never broken out from something before and I dont even have acne prone skin. Such a shame.. I though it was "the one"

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ElenaChloe

This for me is the drugstore equivalent for Pro Lumiere with one comment: Healthy Mix works much better for me. I had both Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere and hated them. I just don't get along with Chanel foundations at all.
Healthy Mix is a medium coverage foundation that feels very light on the skin, it is not too matte, not too dewy either and the finish is gorgeus. Although this is the only drugstore foundation I have, I am using it on a daily basis, leaving aside all the Chanel and Dior foundations. It did not break me out, did not dry my skin or made it oilier, did not make my skin better either, it just did what a foundation is supposed to do: cover minor imperfections and provide a good base for the rest of your make-up. But it did this in a better way than all the foundations I tried before and this is why I am going to purchase this again unless I find something better. I am not the 1 foundation type of girl, I like to have at least 5 depending on what look I want to achieve. For me applying make up is as important as choosing what clothes to wear for the day.
I'd say this foundations suits all types of skin except for maybe oily types. If you're looking for something very light, this might not be for you and if you're looking for full coverage I won't understand you because full coverage foundation doesn't look good on anyone. Better use a medium coverage foundation and use concealer just where you need it (Photoshop is the worst invention, I swear). Very good foundation for the price - approx. 16 Eur (22 USD) where I leave, in Europe. I'd say give it a try, chances are that you might like it as much as I do.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by leea

I bought this after hearing about it on makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's Youtube channel, and I love it!

Overview: This is an excellent basic foundation for evening out the skin tone and covering mild blemishes. Looks and feels natural, like healthy, hydrated skin. Perfect for day-to-day wear.

Packaging: Practical, convenient and travel-friendly. The bottle is plastic and has an airless pump that allows you to use up every last drop of product.

Shades: I am an NC20 in MAC and purchased #52 based on the recommendations here on the board. If I had to be nitpicky, I'd say that it's a tad too pink for my very yellow-based Asian skintone but otherwise it's a very good match. I tested both #51 and #52 in the store and they're very similar although #51 is slightly paler and possibly pinker than #52 but I'd say that I could wear either shade. Don't worry if you're undecided about the shade match, it's an exceptionally blendable foundation so you can get away without an exact match.

Application: This foundation is very buildable and blendable. The texture is so smooth and light. It applies easily using fingers and melts into the skin like a light moisturiser.

Finish: The finish of this foundation is phenomenal. It's the perfect intermediate between matte and dewy. It's matte enough that it provides decent coverage and wear time but it doesn't emphasise flakes or look cakey. At the same time, it looks luminous without being greasy (that being said, if you are not a fan of the dewy, wet look, then you might want to set it with a powder). Best of all, I don't see or feel it sitting on my skin. It really does look and feel like real, healthy, well-moisturised skin.

Coverage: Sheer to medium. Very buildable. Fully covers any unevenness, mild pigmentation, redness and mild acne. Foundation should be used to cover minor flaws and achieve uniformity of colour in the face, not to cover absolutely every imperfection or blemish - that's what concealer's for (wise words from Lisa Eldridge). This foundation does exactly that, it does a wonderful job of covering mild blemishes and evening out the skin.

Lasting power: I don't use a primer, nor do I set this with a powder, and I find that it holds up well on sweaty, oily skin in the humid Australian summer.

Fragrance: The smell is quite pleasant, very light and not overwhelming or artificial.

Ingredients: After several uses, I am glad to say that I have not broken out from this foundation. Most liquid foundations I have used in the past have undeniably broken me out and I could always feel them sitting in my pores and clogging them up. Not the case with this foundation. As I said, you don't feel it sitting on your skin at all. There's no talc, no parabens, no oils, which is good news because they're usually the culprits behind cosmetic acne.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I love everything about this foundation. I am NC20 and Shade 52 is a great match right now in the summer. I am actually NW20 face, and NC15-NC20 neck and NC20 works the best in foundation to make everything even out between my face and neck. I have the new version since I just purchased it from asos.com for $ 17 (free shipping!), so I am wondering what it must have been like before the reformulation.

The price is not inexpensive, nor expensive, sort of mid-range. I think for the price you pay, you are getting a quality foundation.

The coverage is excellent, medium at least. The wear is long lasting. One pump is enough for my entire face. I like that the finish is natural, like skin, doesn't look like I am wearing foundation. This foundation does a fairly good job of covering up my hyperpigmentation. It also feels good on my face, not heavy. This is good for combination skin which I have. I am very happy with this foundation, and plan to repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have heard so many raves about this product, so about half a year ago, I finally decided to purchase it. And oh my - it changed my view on Bourjois foundations!

I can be described as a high end makeup girl simply because I was afraid the drugstore ones are a waste of money (due to poor color range, bad longevity and so on). But Healthy Mix change my view on things.

Packaging: it comes in this nice handy plastic tube with a pump and what I love the most is that the uplifting mechanism of it that pushes the product up - so you waste not even a drop of the product! Amazing

Scent & Texture: the texture of this is quite nice and builds up/smooths out very nicely. The Scent is very nice and somehow reminds me of berries and a little bit of Chanel foundations. It doesn't stick to the skin though, but every time I grab my foundation brush - it smells very nice.

Application: is very very easy. I find this to be my slap on/in-hurry product. I apply mine with a nice buffing synthetic brush and I believe synthetic bristles are best for this kind of foundations.

Finish: it is medium-full (can be used slightly and give you light coverage) dries to this semi-matte, velvety finish which might get a little bit shiny in my T-zone (despite me having dry skin) - so sometimes I powder it slightly through the nose, forehead and chin. I find it slightly similar to my Vitalumiere Aqua, but still Chanel one looks slightly better

Longevity: I fairly believe this one has great long-lasting power that lasts (don't know about 16hrs) but for 12hrs for sure! I don't see it dissolving or creating patches or anything like that at all.

Feel: I have got dry skin and I don't find this product ever drying my skin out! Even when I wear it all day.

I believe this is the brilliant product for those who don't want to splurge on high-end expensive foundations - yet have a great product.
The only down-side to the Healthy Mix is that it comes in such a small variety of shades. I found my perfect shade though which is when I have no tan on - NC30 (Mac) is compatible with #52 (Vanilla).

When I run out of this, I quite see myself reaching out for the new tube.

For more reviews on other great makeup products head here:

---
I actually also tried the new version of Healthy Mix that says 'Glow' on it. It comes in a glass bottle without an uplifting mechanism (which I already don't like) and has somewhat similar finish to the original Healthy Mix one, but with a very hardly noticeable sheen to it. It smells also similar to the original formula, but not as much. Like if Bourjois decided to tone down the scent in the new formula.
I am not as much in love with the Healthy Mix liquid foundation that says 'Glow' on it (I don't remember the exact name of it) but it is a good product nevertheless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 in MAC and got this in shade #53, which is a perfect match. I got it at Superdrug for £9.99, and it comes in a plastic bottle and cap. But don't let the price tag and the bottle fool you - the liquid inside is gold.

There's a lot of things that I love about this foundation, the first being that it doesn't break me out. This has a light liquidy consistency that is easy to spread and blend with fingers. It gives light to medium coverage and a natural glowing finish while covering my reddish acne scars. It makes my skin look well moisturized, plump, and healthy - and it most of all looks like my skin.

The only thing that I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't last very long, but that is fixed when I set it with my Cover FX Powder FX powder.

I can see why this foundation would not work for some people. Because I'm Chinese, the yellow undertones in this foundation work on my skin, but may not work for those with cool undertones. Also, I have dry/combination skin, but I find that this doesn't hold up well to hot weather, when my face gets really oily, so I don't really recommend it for oily skins.
Overall though, I really like this stuff, and I've asked a friend to help me buy more when she visits Europe.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No