L.A. Colors Pressed Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium), Squalane, Propylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/27/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a big LA Colors fan! I find their powder to be pretty good for a buck. Much better than wnw CoverAll but I like elf's powder better. LA Colors is cruelty free which is awesome!! The "applicator" (termed loosely) that comes w this sux but I have a big old velour pouf that distributes this powder well. It seems to use up pretty fast but for a dollar I can deal. This is good for my oily skin & btw the LA Colors liquid foundation & concealer are also good! I use Nude but I am going to check out the darker colors for contour after reading the reviews here. Thx MUA!! This is your basic powder, there are better ones out there but there's worse too!! The Nude color is slightly yellow.

on 6/27/2015 6:01:00 PM

The press powder is not dry it is a little cream and it does not have a good pigmentation I got the shade tan to have a warm bronzed and it did nothing for me so I would recommend just to get it to set your make not for colour or anything like that and it's very afford able it's only $1.25 at the dollar tree

on 6/8/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the shade "cocoa" (bpp265) from Dollar General in hopes of using it as a contour shade (I am very fair so imagine the look on the checkout lady's face when I put it on the counter).
Seriously when you pay 2$ for makeup you might as well just take it to the toilet and flush, right? WRONG.

this is fucking amazing. Dare I dub thee Holy Grail material. If you are fair then finding a contour/bronzer that wont cast an orange glow is really difficult to find. I've spent tons of money at Sephora (btw, their brand bronzer is HORRIBLE) and been let down.

This powder, when applied with an angled brush (ELF brand, also 2$) looks brilliant! Like, it blends so nicely and really contours my face (I only apply on cheeks and forehead) AND it lasts all day. Like literally, I work a 10 hr day and its intact (can't say the same for my MAC blush or Sephora highlighter, ahem)

Seriously guys, its 5/5. Oh btw, I have normal skin with no breakouts/acne or sensitivity to make up, so this powder didn't cause me to break out or anything

on 2/20/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my second favorite pressed powder, right after Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I found this little gem at the Dollar Tree for $1 and bought it on a whim. I wasn't expecting a great performance given the price, but this little compact pleasantly surprised me. It doesn't pill or clump or anything weird like some powders do, nor does it oxidize and turn orangey. The only negative thing I can say is that the package is flimsy, which causes the powder to crack easily after it hits pan. FYI, I'm nc35, and beige seems like a perfect match for me.

on 11/9/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am probably on my 5th one of these powders! although honestly that's probably only because I keep shattering them, once you hit pan leave them at home.... something about them becomes really unstable and the lightest fall can shatter them. I usually just mix with alcohol and repress them and everything turns out fine, but it can be a mess. over all though the formula and the coverage is great, I will never use another powder and honestly for the price of 1$ a piece I'm really not all that worried about having to replace them when they break. (plus I have a random cover girl powder that I love the packaging on... hate the formula so I think I am just going to start pressing these into that.)

on 11/9/2014 6:51:00 PM

This is a great pressed powder. I actually prefer it to any other pressed powder on the market in any price range.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i use this to freshen up my makeup through out the day, doesnt last long but its only a dollar

on 8/31/2014 7:46:00 PM

Packaging is crap, but that's kind of expected with something that only costs a buck. However, this is hands down one of my favorite powders and I've used a ton. It's not chalky or cakey and it really mattifies and feels nice on the face. So glad I decided to take the leap and try it. It will probably be the only powder I purchase from this point on. Don't see a need to spend a ton on anything else. Good stuff!

on 7/20/2014 11:39:00 PM

Great! I will not purchase any other powder. It matches better than anything. It was only a dollar! It has lasted over a year! Who could complain?

on 7/14/2014 1:04:00 AM

You get what you pay for, and this powder lives up to that fact. It's not that great but i guess for the price you can't go wrong, but i wouldn't recommend this or buy it again!