March 2, 2015 | 1096 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2015 3:06:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I couldn't understand why other reviewers claimed the texture of this was "smooth", because i found application very patchy (gritty/clumpy). I was applying straight from the container. I didn't realize you have to smooth it out on your hand with your brush first, that made a big difference.

So, I like it. Wish they had included a gold color. The two pink colors are pretty much interchangeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Pixiemakeup

I like me ELF studio shimmering palette but i don't love it therefore i would not repurchase it,
it blends well and does create a nice highlight, however i don't like cream highlighter as i can't wear them over my powder (for obvious reasons) so i apply it with a stipple brush which does work but as above reviews state create a little too much of a glittery look for me rather than just a luminous high light which is what everyone (almost) wants from their highlighter, but in saying that I've never been a glitter girl.

I would purchase this is if you:
- are looking for a bargain
- don't mind/like glitter
- wanting something basic that does a nice job for the cost

xx

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sabrinashriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my fav products from ELF. Love the variety of colors and it isn't too sparkly. Great dupe for Benefit's High Beam, without the price. Not too chalky either, as some highlighters are one me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vaivut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this product. I use it every day, I use white highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes, the light beige one for below my eyebrows and the bronze one for my cheeks. It blends well and gives me a nice glow. It doesn't last all day, so I am considering getting another one just so I could keep it in work - it's that good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by gnkaede

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

glitter face
glitter glitter face
glitter glitter glitter face
all the colors are the same

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have one in my makeup bag in my purse, one in my travel case and one in my everyday makeup stash...its that good.

I have 2 of the ambient lights, they are lovely but just don't last longer than a few hours.
I have benefits highlighters, they do last, but I feel they are too expensive for what you get.
I have Dior pallet, in the bronze shades...nope doesn't work for me.
I have BB's shimmer brick...disco balleramma.

This little $3.00 pallet is exactly what I was looking for. The colors are easy to use, if you are using a pink/rose blush, use the pink highlighter. If your using peach/coral blush, use the peach highlighter, if using only bronzer, stick with the pale bronze color. And the white color is perfect for the inner eye area. These are very creamy, blend like a dream. They do not have glitter, but they do have very fine sparkles. They last all day, no need to truly touch up unless going straight out after work. I use these on the outer tops of my cheekbones in the classic "C", also on my cupids bow, and inner eye area. I knew this was a true winner when people at work were commenting on how well rested I looked. Hey, these are 3 bucks, if you haven't tried this, give it a go. sometimes I see them at target, but I usually order on line from ELF website, they always have really good sales promotions.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this and its not a go to item for me. I have other makeup that works better and doesn't look so stark. I've tried blending this out, building it up, using just a touch and nothing is working for me so its not something I recommend. Very shimmery and almost fine glitter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought it a while ago but haven't used it much. I suspect it's because I'm not digging the fact that the palette doesn't blend well at all on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Cheap, effective, fair pigmentation.

Texture of a butter, spreads and blends well. Dries on its own, doesn't move.

Good for daily makeup.

Not for flash photography, horrible. It gives white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

WOW! I am really amazed with this product. I own a looooot of highlighters (Yes, I love them:P), and I really appreciate this one.

Pros:
-The price : 3$, and you get 4 different colors.
-The packaging is super secure and convenient. Not difficult to open nor to close.
-It comes with a mirror, and a little brush. I find the the brush is very useful to highlight tear-ducks : It more precise and works better than using fingers.
-The lasting power is great: For me, it lasted me all day long, unlike powder highlighters. However, it does fade, but the product is still there at the end of the day
-It blends easily
-It is not overly shimmery, like the Shimmering facial whips. So , it looks quite natural
-its so SMOOTH! I was quite surprised the first time I touched it: so creamy! :)
-No smell

Cons:
-Even though there are 4 colors, I find that they look very similar. In the pan, they do not, but you cannot really tell a difference on the skin.

In comparison with the ALL OVER COLOR STICK and SHIMMERING FACIAL WHIPS (from ELF too):
First of all, the shimmering palette is as longlasting as the stick. But the application is better. They are both easy to blend.
Then, the palette contains wayy less shimmers than the facial whips, so for me, I think it looks a lot better. The texture is better too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No