Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.4

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/1/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am NC10 naturally. Which is basically albino with yellow undertones. On me, Tiki is the halfway mark between being a highlighter or a bronzer. I like to use it for a VERY natural effect when contouring my nose. It adds little bit of warmth to my face.

I think on most people however with the average skintone, this would probably be a highlighter. Tiki is warm toned and obviously very shimmery as it is a baked 'bronzer'. The color is beautiful though, it does not pull orange.

Hard Candy packaging is awesome and you really can't beat the price.

on 8/1/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this so bad. I seen reviews of this of people saying they used it as a highlighter and as a dupe for theBalm's Mary-Loumanizer, but I didn't take into consideration the different skin tone I have compared to some people with deeper skin tones that this would be better for.
The packaging is pretty, I like it. But, it's Too dark on my fair skin to be a highlight! I recently found out that I'm actually a warm skin tone and I was hoping it could be a light pretty yellow toned highlight for my cheekbones and stuff. Unfortunately it's too dark for me to use as a highlight. It looks like a dark gold/bronze shimmer on my face and it doesn't even look like a high light. But it's too shimmery to be a bronzer for me as it makes my face look muddy and washed out because of all the shimmer and it sparkles a tiny bit, too. So really, I don't have any purpose for it, and the worst part? I paid ten dollars for it. TEN. I am not impressed whatsoever.
Maybe when I have a little more tan, I could somehow make it work, or use it as an eyeshadow, but overall, I'm upset.
I had high hopes for it, I really did! Ugh I'm so upset that it didn't work for me! But if there's a cheaper dupe for theBalm's Mary-Loumanizer, someone let me know! Unfortunately, tiki wasn't it! :(

on 7/7/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this, I really tried. I have fair, warm toned skin. Although its a bronzer, my intent was to use it as a highlighter. But for my skin, its too dark and too golden. Like a bronzer. But I can't use it as a bronzer. Its a little too light and way too shimmery for my liking as a bronzer. So basically its right in that spot of being terrible for both purposes.
Its a beautiful golden yellow color. Its powdery, but not terrible. I'd say it blends in well. It just made my face look slightly dirty and didn't work for me at all. I can see how some people would love this product. Its a good drugstore highlighter if the color works for you. But if you're very pale, like me, you may want to try something else.

on 5/19/2015 9:16:00 PM

I love the colour but not so much on my skin. I find it makes my pale skin look dewy cause of the shimmer although it lasts all day and doesn't crease. It blends well and if it wasn't for the colour I'd probably by it again.

on 4/29/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a fabulous highlight or even bronzer for us pale girls! Darker shades tend to oxidize on me. This leaves a very nice, glow. I enjoy it because it isn't a sparkle. It's very natural. I apply it with a fluffy brush to the apples of my cheeks and my jaw line for some depth.

on 3/25/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very shimmery. Good for the pale. Not a daily use because I prefer the subtle. But works for a night out. Huge amount of product.

on 3/23/2015 4:55:00 PM

This is a champagne/yellow highlighter perfect for fair-medium skinned gals with YELLOW/OLIVE undertones. If you have pink undertones, stay away! A pink based highlighter will be much better suited to you!

First of all, this is a great dupe for Watts Up by Benefit and Mary Loumanizer by The Balm. It is not quite as shimmery as these two however, it's a little more subtle. Packaging sucks but the product is worth every penny.

on 3/14/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best drugstore highlighter that I've found. Cheap, easy to find, and works well without being crazy glittery.

on 3/14/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Favorite highlighter ever

I own a bunch a super expensive highlighters like the «hourglass ambient lightening palette» or the Nars «Albatross», but i still find myself picking up the Hard Candy one every single day.

-It's a perfect golden subtle glow that give your that «healthy look»
-Its really not chunky at all according to me
-Doesnt break me out
-It match with any blush colors and every eye look
-Stay on all day (I set it up with my SKINDINAVIA makeup setting spray)
-You get a great amount of product for a ridiculous price

- the only negative point is the cheep-looking plastic package :(

* It's a great dupe for MAC MSF in «soft and gentle» *

on 3/13/2015 2:09:00 PM

This just looked yellow on me. Like...jaundice-yellow..:(
No matter what I used to apply this, or how light or heavy of a hand or how much blending I did, this just made me look...yellow..and not in an attractive way at all, obviously. This is also very extremely powdery, and the case is very cheaply made and I can see this being easily broken, even with the gentlest hands and care. Lastly, I feel this is quite expensive. I bought this at Walmart and it was around $10.00. Ended up returning it. I do not buy into the hype that this is a dupe for anything. Mary Lou manizer..? Um, no. It is just a yellow chalky cheap-looking powder to me, with a cheap package that is actually way over-priced for what it is. If you are looking to watch your pennies I would suggest the Physician's Formula Vegas Strip over this. Roughly the same price and a much better product.