December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by bubbadog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for years. I finally gave up because it clogged my pores so much. Great color match, portable for a mineral foundation and the brush rocks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bonn2585

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Most of my foundations are minerals. This however is great to take along in your purse since it is pressed. Less messy. I love that it doesnt take much to achieve good coverage and it doesnt look cakey either. I use tan in the winter and medium dark in the summer. These seem to have a bit of a golden undertone to it which matches my olive complexion pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by msmall79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation by far. I can not compromise on this stuff. It's Pur or it's no makeup at all. Any other foundation liquid or powder simply looks like my skin with makeup on. Pur foundation looks like my skin, just way better. I get compliments about my complexion in a freakishly frequent manner when I use this. A gorgeous female doctor I worked with would go on and on about how beautiful my skin was and refused to believe I had any dark spots or reddened areas. Well, I do. My skin isn't horrible, but it's got sun damage, patches of redness, some dark spots, blah blah. I don't look stellar without a touch of makeup. I have dry to combo very VERY sensitive skin. (i'm talking, my own sweat makes my skin angry sensitive). I have been using this product for about 4 years and I fell that it only looks best when applied with a the round chisel brush to get the best coverage. It spanks bare essentials hardcore and leaves it crying. Bare essentials or whatever wacky way they spell it, makes peoples faces seem nice at first, but they always look like a weird, shiny, metallic, R2D2 version of themselves in a few hours. No thanks. The price is somewhat high for the average working slob like myself, however, considering it lasts a good two to three months depending on use - absolutely worth every penny.

I wish the packaging allowed for better use of the entire product. I have to get creative to use the very last bits on the edges when it's almost out.

Look, I know that I've read glowing reviews for products before and have been extremely disappointed in the results. Therefore, it is important to proceed with caution and know that everyone's genetic makeup is different and you may be cursing me for being so confident about this makeup. To avoid possible buyer's remorse and a bout of severe depression bc you didn't like it and then start to think you will never have nice makeup and will, therefore, be alone forever, own 9 cats and 5 parakeets, never learn another language, never see Paris in Spring, and you might as well go eat a lot of something :

1) Make sure you have your skin in as good of shape as you can before using this. My sister tried applying it in the bathroom when we were at a wedding - my sister has terrible oily skin, has never worn makeup, makes no attempt at daily facial care other than soap in the shower. ... it looked awful. It looked like she put a mask of awful stage makeup powder on and every single one of her neglected, dirty, tiny black pores, on her nose and chin, which before the makeup were't that noticeable, were now totally obvious and very exaggerated. I love my sister and she doesn't know really that this was the opposite of what should have happened bc she is not a girl who really cares about that stuff generally. So, to avoid a bigger scene of washing, reapplying, hoping, awkwardness, and apologizing - there in the ladies room - I told her it looked great and we went back out there and electric slid the night away. MORAL: take care of your skin the best you know how before using any foundation expecting it to work the way it's supposed to. only put it on clean skin that has been moisturized where it needs to be, and whatever goop you used has had a few minutes to absorb.

2) Buy the stupid chisel brush. I tried to use another brush thinking it didn't matter... WRONG. This makeup is an all in one - primer- foundation - concealer - finisher.
Let it work its magic by applying it with the right utensil. the wrong brush on't give the right coverage/effect to make this work well. Can another brush from another company that is designed the same work? Probably, but I don't know for sure, so if you want to try go ahead, but keep in mind my results are with the Pur chisel brush, and only that brush.

3) Start light and build if you need. You can always add a bit more, can't take it away. Apply it exactly the way it says : swirl the brush lightly in the powder, tap any excess, lovingly apply in soft and biggish circular motions from the outside in.

4) Always use an under eye concealer separate from your foundation for dark circles. When using powder foundation, apply and blend the under eye concealer before the foundation or you will risk looking weird. Don't use a powder concealer under the eye. If you like the mineral thing, fine - but choose something that won't settle into creases like a powder could.

I hope you give it a try and I hope you enjoy this awesome gift to womankind as much as I do!

18 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the product for 4 years and love it.I have extremely oily skin and can trust this product won't cause breakouts and will continue to use it.I don't like that they changed the compact so it no longer has a puff hidden under the powder, as I prefer that over brush use.I also find the power breaks into a million crumbly pieces when it's near done.This happens EVERY TIME!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, having a very red complexion naturally, i found that it takes a ton of product to get the coverage I like (which is a lot). There are not many powder foundations (I find) that can even come close to giving full coverage. Day to day, it's not practical to use that much of it because it is quite expensive ($32CAD), so I just use it lightly over top of my liquid foundation for an extra bit of coverage. This gives it a beautiful airbrushed look. I find however, I still have to use a setting powder over that, as this powder itself does not set my foundation (MAC studio sculpt) completely. I have this in porcelain and I still find it's a bit yellow-y, but if it were any lighter I'm sure I'd look like a zombie. Some days I'll also just use concealer with this powder over top, which gives me a very natural look as my rosy-ness and freckles peek through. The brush that they sell with this makes all the difference. I got it as a GWP, and I'm sure any short bristled kabuki brush would work too, but you wont get any coverage with a fluffy powder brush. Although this looks great over my liquid foundation, due to the fact that it doesnt set it very well and I rarely use it on its own, I may not repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Changed the formula - contains bismuth. BISMUTH BREAKS YOU OUT AND CLOGS YOUR PORES even if you are not acne prone. The positive reviews come from the AMAZING *old* formula, which they sadly discontinued.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Pistachiosforall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this 2 years ago and loved it. I was originally using bare minerals but wanted something with some more coverage. Used the whole thing and I bought it again a few months ago and it's been horrid! They changed the formula, it's icky and oxidizes I'd have to wet my brush or scrape the powder to get any on. The staying power is worse the colour looks dull and grey by the end of the day. Packaging is even more flimsy and cheap.And now it gives me little clogged pores and black heads!! I recently bought cover fx mineral makeup. Found out on MUA that they changed the formula of BE too. Time to find something new. Cover FX is so far so good! Very good coverage looks natural not cakey, it says it's good for acne prone skin..well see

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product in the trial size because I was on the fence between the MAC studio fix plus foundation powder and this one. At first I would have given this powder 1 lippie. It was horrible. It covered nothing and was horrible. I would have to use a TON to get barely the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. However, after a little experience I have learned how to love this product. It is in fact not concealer as it says in the ads and such. But with concealer underneath, it looks amazing. I look flawless (which wasn't hard to achieve with a liquid foundation, but with this it looked NATURAL) I don't look like a "porcelain skin" perfect skin (I have OCD so my hyperpigmentation makes me insane) fool.

I will not be purchasing mac, and will be repurchasing this in full size!

UPDATE: Okay this update is like 10 minutes after I reviewed this but I just decided to wash my hair because I'm a freaking idiot so I was bent over the tub washing my hair (I didn't want to take a shower because I had things to do and didn't have time) and I accidentally got water all over my face because I'm an idiot so when I was done I took a paper towel and carefully toweled off my face but the water on the paper towel was clear, meaning none of the makeup had come off. Crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupblondette007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!!
If you use the primer, this powder is wonderful. It looks natural and not too cakey. It can also control oil longer than most liquid foundations. It feels like you are not wearing any foundation, and practically looks like it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by bdavey

I absolutely love this product! I have repurchased a couple times already and will continue to purchase for years to come. This product covers so well without appearing cakey and does not break me out. I get compliments all the time on what I am using. I use the colour light in the winter time and light tan on top in the summer. I don't hear a lot of people talking about this and am always recommending to my friends. I live in Canada and find this at the shoppers drug marts that have the fancy boutique sections. Although it is kinda expensive it is well worth it in my opinion.