Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/10/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like this on me. It applied as a straight out silver/grey shimmer with no taupey-ness to it at all. SO disappointed. It's lovely in the pan, but when I put it on, it simply had no taupe to it at all - just a straight out shimmer, and that looked awful on me. I'm not dark skinned, either - NC25 to 30 at the most, so it wasn't that that caused the weird application. it's cheap enough that you can certainly try it and if you like it, you've got a major coup - dirt cheap makeup for next to nothing. It just didn't work for me, but for a buck, I'm not out much, so not perturbed about it. Just disappointed that it was so bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nice color and you can't beat the price. However, I had a hard time getting it to show up on my lids, like the first few swipes just transferred glitter and no color. I really had to build it up to get any color to show up on my lids. I've only worn it once and I wore it by itself with light liner and some mascara. I didn't have any problems with creasing or fading and I believe I used the Fergie primer from WnW. Overall, I probably won't purchase again but I'll be keeping it and using occasionally.

on 3/22/2015 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is soo pretty. I have a hard time using singles (palettes are much more convenient). I don't have anything like this really in my collection. Very good but for the 79 cents I spent.

on 3/5/2015 5:28:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago bc of the raves and people saying it is a dupe for Mac Satin Taupe. I can't say I agree with it being a dupe, but then again, who am I to argue dozens of gurus, etc.

I will say if you are pinching your pennies or just starting out with makeup, this would be a great choice.

To me, and this is pretty much true for WNW shadows in general, this applies patchy, tons of fallout, creases within a couple of hours (even with a primer), and leave glitter on my cheek. Would not re-purchase and this ended up in the trash..

If I wanted a shade like this on a budget, I would suggest Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe or Bad To The Bronze or L'oreal Infallible in Bronzed Taupe. Not exactly exact dupes, but still very similar shades and much better performing shadows.

on 1/15/2015 5:08:00 PM

I've never tried MAC Satin taupe eyeshadow, so I can't say whether or not it's a dupe, but I think it's definitely a great neutral, high quality pigmented eyeshadow for the price. On me (NW20) it shows up a bit more silver than brown/taupe like it shows in the pan . I'm on my third one and I've paid between $1 and $2, depending on sales.

on 1/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is really a very pretty color but I was looking for a matte color for my mature, partially hooded, rarely-wear-eyeshadow eyes. I wanted a low-key brown to enhance my eyes but not to appear too "made up." This has quite a bit of sparkle and it just didn't work for my purposes.

on 12/5/2014 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very beautiful taupe-cocoa color--in the pan but not on me. I really wanted this color to work for me but sadly it did not. It's not chalky like the Wet n Wild's brulee is, nutty is very pigmented and the texture is really smooth but the color I encountered with this is that it turned an orange-bronze color on me, much to my horror of course. Bronze does not look good on me (NC15). Even swatched on my inner arm it turned bronze too and on my lids it was bronze.
I'm really upset that this happened, no amount of primer, not using primer, using a flesh colored shadow as a base for this or NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk did nothing to alleviate this horrific bronze mess on me. I think I'm upset cause the color is the pan is beautiful and I know if it didn't turn the hideous color it did, this color would make my blue eyes stand out.
I paid 93 cents for this at Walgreen's so it's not a total loss, I could have returned it but for 93 cents I just decided to absorb the cost. I will find someone to take this off my hands, I'm sure.
I'm very disappointed. But, I feel that Wet n Wild has come a long way since the days I first started to use it in the 90's.

on 12/4/2014 10:40:00 PM

I stumbled upon this product while looking for a dupe of Urban Decay's YDK shadow, as that was the only shade for which I'd hit pan in my Naked2 palette.

To be totally honest, Nutty is *not* a dupe for YDK, as it is not quite as pigmented or as shimmery as YDK. However, these two qualities actually make Nutty better suited for an everyday neutral eye look than YDK! Nutty is a little bit "flatter" than YDK, if that makes sense. Color payoff is not as intense as UD's eyeshadows, but I find that two layers of Nutty (over Too Faced's Shadow Insurance primer) makes it last through the work day. At night, after the shadow has faded, I like to go over it with YDK if I am going out.

The packaging is flimsy, of course, but the product only costs $0.99USD so I can't really complain. I like to de-pot it, stick a magnet on the bottom, and put it in an ELF pan.

Suggestion: I like to substitute Nutty for the brown crease color in WnW's "Walking on Eggshells" eyeshadow trio. The WnW singles aren't quite as soft and powdery as the trios, which is nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad! I had high hopes for this shadow because of the awesome reviews, and my generally good luck with WNW products. I've been looking for something I can use as an everyday, easy, one shadow look. I thought this would work, as all of the swatches I've seen look really pretty. Well, on my eyes, I had to put about 3 or 4 layers, and it pulled completely SILVER. Whaaaat? I thought this was taupe! I realize is has silver shimmer, but I had hoped the warmth of the brown color would balance it out. Nope. For reference, I'm about an NC15, very fair and neutral-warm. I'm glad this works good for some, but for me it definitely didn't.

on 9/26/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had this a long time ago & purged it because I thought it was too warm. I repurchased it recently & love it. Esp as a powder alternative to my everyday summer eye product, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze