October 21, 2014 | 865 users online

Blush - Yves Saint Laurent - Creme de blush LE

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be my most expensive blush. I purchased this in Number 9 Baby Doll. Even though initially expensive you need one dab on the apples of your cheeks. It does not disturb other makeup. I love wearing this with blue eyeshadow colours or just mascara and blush. Looks so pretty and feminine. I've had people ask me what blush I'm wearing. You can also get away with wearing this as a lipstick although slightly dry it looked great. Looks fab on my dressing table. Beautiful square glass jar and gold screw lid. May seem an expensive product but I've had mine ages and hardly made a dent!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

love this ot has been a holy grail for me for 2 years

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is a beautiful light baby pink! I love this blush. It's like an airy, light, almost whipped texture that feels amazing on your skin and blends out so easily. It's expensive, but if you're looking for one of the best cream blushes on the market, this is it! Definitely not good for my wallet, but I couldn't resist. The packing is beautiful, the product is beautiful, it's just beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It applies easily, layers well, smells nice, and looks natural. It's a splurge but if you want a quality item that has lasting power this may be the blush for you.

What I like most about this blush is the easy application. I use my ring finger to pat it on and smooth it out. Lots of playtime and I always get an even application. I can't always say that about my powder blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh yes, go buy this if you want a good quality blush that lasts you a long time. I got this in the orange colour no.6 and this was a great choice. Looks amazing in the summer and gives the most gorgeous fresh and healthy look.

Texture is whipped creamy that applies velvety and sets matte. very blendable, not at all sticky or messy, and very easy to apply with fingers or a stippling blush.

This is expensive, but this little jar will last you so long so is worth getting if you are after something luxurious.

I don't think I will find a better cream blush!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It took me a while for me to grow on this product, but I’m glad that I did. I believe that YSL should rename this as a “mousse blush”. It is not a cream nor does it have the consistency of a cream blush. I have tried many different brands of cream blush which include: MAC, Illamasqua, Make Up For Ever and Stila. I took one lippie off since they lasting power is poor. Another lippie off since the packaging is not the easiest to work with and another because of the price. I know its YSL, but I feel that if they are going to make the price as high as it is, it should come in better packaging and should have better lasting power. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried two different sample applications of YSL's Creme de Blush (#2) at Nordstrom's while looking for a cream blush. The effect produced a natural appearance similar to flushed cheeks after a brisk walk or exercise rather than an actual blush. Similar results can be achieved with less expensive brands. Best to apply with a small stipple brush that fits jar opening.

PROS: Smooth application and dries to soft matte. Did not settle into pores. Quality product, but not for my mature skin. Judging from the reviews, this is a hit with the younger crowd.

CONS: Too expensive and unsanitary. Not enough pigment for my mature, sallow skin. Lasted 4-5 hours then began to fade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by siamese63

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this blush in shades 1 and 2. Shade 1 is a coral and shade 2 is a very natural- looking pink. Very easy to apply with fingers. Looks good on my 60-year-old skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased #9 Baby Doll, from the recent spring collection. I cannot improve on the spot-on review written by Mooseformayor. I bow to her brilliance in describing every delightful aspect of this remarkable blush & I agree with everything she's said.

I was afraid this might be a dupe for BECCA Sylph, but no, not at all! Sylph is a perfect, pale, ballet-pink, but it also has a subtle, icy-silver gleam to it - no sparkles! - just a silvery shimmer in the pink, which is gorgeous. There is no shimmer in YSL Baby Doll, yet having said that, there is a definite lit-from-within glow that is magical & lovely. And, if anyone's interested, it is also different from BECCA Gypsy, for while Gypsy is a bright, pale pink (like Baby Doll) Gypsy is shot with a gold shimmer.

Also, Sylph and Gypsy are not very pigmented. They just barely show up, which I love. (When it comes to blush, I crave "subtle.")
Baby Doll, however, is like the most pigmented blush of life - believe it or not. I applied it twice using a MAC 187, and I just barely touched the ends of about 15 bristles in the pot. I mean it was virtually nothing, but WOW, my cheeks were instantly very bright pink - much too bright. Today I just patted the pot with the side of my NARS yachiko brush. This was perfect. It patted onto my cheeks perfectly, leaving me with the most lovely subtle-yet-bright, baby pink cheeks.

Yes, this is a tiny amount for what it costs, but really, you can only use the teeniest touch of it, so you will have it for a very long time. Love the jar & gold lid - fabulously luxe.
This is my current favorite blush & I am so happy to have it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by laurenre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush, but I do feel it is a little expensive for a cream blush. Goes on great and lasts forever, so I guess you pay for quality.

It always gives me this even distribution, which I like. The only downfall is that sometimes the cream gets under my nails.

Great finish though. Not sticky or cakey, and I can't wait to grab some more colors.