August 22, 2014 | 1244 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Amazing mask. I never buy face masks from the store anymore. I find them completely useless and never once have I noticed results much less being in awe after using them.
I only use this mask and vary the mix once in a while and alternate with an aspirin mask when ever I have a lot of blemishes.
When I use this mask regularly my skin looks great it even slightly helps with my oil. It definitely brightens and evens the skin tone.

I vary the amounts but this is normally what I do.

In a small bowl I mix the following-
2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1-1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil( I love coconut oil but find olive works best)
1 tablespoon of milk-more or less as needed to make a thick but slightly runny paste

I mix and allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes and it thickens just a bit then I apply to my clean face.

I leave it on 30 minutes or until dry.
To rinse. Use warm water and wet face. I work the warm water into my skin in sections adding more as I go. This will help break up the mask and you can finish it off as a gentle scrub. Once I have scrubbed my face GENTLY I finish rinsing and pat my skin dry. This makes my skin super soft and supple.

It can be messy so I usually will use this before my nighttime shower.

This mix makes more than I need for my face but I will save it for use later in the week or use down my neck and chest area.
Some times I will use rice flower instead or a combination of them both.
The olive oil also helps in making sure the mask does not stain the skin and makes the skin soft. I add more if I want a moisturizing mask.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cocaine2727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The mask is really amazing, I love it so much, I used it for 5 days already, once a day, my pimples on my face has already calm down so much, and it says it will makes your face growing and I can see that J So happy, so have to share, cannot keep it to myself J
My pimples are dry up and the pimple scars are fading away gradually, I have been using this for only a week, will keep doing it and add it into my skin care routine. :)

Recipes:

1. Turmeric powder, 1 tea spoon

You can get this from any Asian grocery store, this will stain, so you better wear your sleep wear at home when you are doing the mask, if it stains a bit here and there, you can use make up remover or oil to clean it

2. Plain full cream yogurt, or Greek yogurt, 2 big spoon

Have to be plain, not sweet or flavoured ones, because you are using on your face, have to be full cream as well for better results

3. Honey, 1 tea spoon

A bit will do, honey is very good food for your skin

4. A quart of lemon/lime juice (optional)

Itís good to have, but not necessary, everyoneís skin react differently, better check first

5. Rice flour

Make the paste thick, because if the paste is too thin, it will be running down and stain your clothes (you donít want that)

Mix all well, feels thicker enough, good enough, you can make bigger portion and keep in the fridge for a few days and use every day. Wash your face before you apply, leave the mask on for 30-40 minutes, then wash off. You will see amazing results after a few days trying. J You can use this every day or 2-3 times a week up to you.

Let me know after you try J

Enjoy the mask too, maybe you should all take a photo of your face when you have the mask on. J

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix turmeric with a bit of yogurt in an old plastic yogurt cup, apply it as a facial masque and let it dry for 5-10 minutes, then wash off with warm water and a wash cloth I don't mind staining (turmeric stains). If you have any leftover masque, store it in the fridge and use it within 3 days. It is an anti-inflammatory, brightens skin, and fights free radical damage. It's super affordable, and doesn't contain all those nasty chemicals that so many commercial products in the beauty industry tend to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by alliemcintosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I mix 1tsp turmeric with 1tbsp honey and a splash of milk. Incredible and affordable at home face mask. Don't go out and spend an arm and a leg on a face mask when you can make a fresh one at home, honestly!
This mask is great for acne scarring, age spots and hyperpigmentation. The turmeric is great at fading, the honey has tons of nutrients to nourish damaged skin and help restore it, and the milk contains lactic acid to help rid your skin of gunk. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by car41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in my 40s and have always had acne which has just got worse and worse. Tried everything, next step roaccutane, have used epiduo for about a year with little effect on its own. Last resort after reading suggestions on here I tried turmeric and organic set honey. Bit of a mess, best user in the bath, and needed to remove with toner ( I use organic apple cider vinegar) to stop being yellow but after half an hour I could see a difference. I use it every day, if I don't I can see a difference but no break outs. My skin a month ago was large multiple lumps under the skin around my neck and ears, black marks of deep infection all around my chin and more normal like spots around my forehead and chin. I have two lumps left which are shrinking every day and my skin is no longer an oil slick. I can go out without makeup and can even use a sun screen now. Have gone from being in pain, not sleeping with the lumps to being able to walk around the house with out makeup with hair tied back and without makeup when out and not too worried about what's left if my hair blows out of the way. Not the easiest thing to use and I think you do need to use it daily but a really amazing difference and no risk if you have severe cystic acne and want to avoid Accutane, worked faster and better and without the side effects when I compare it to antibiotics. : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have reached a stage of not believing in most skincare products (unless it's all natural ingredients and reasonably priced), and I have been experimenting some DIY masks for several years and this one single ingredient is very effective, truly detoxing and anti-aging, problem-solving all around and really a must have, for external use or as a dietary supplement.

I'm going to skip all the benefits of turmeric here, just going to focus on my own experience.

I had a flare up of tiny mosaic warts under my eyes and on my cheeks some years ago and I had killed them with tea tree oil (100% pure, ouch!), however it also caused some burns and left the skin with some dark spots. Hyper-pigmentation under/ around eye area is particularly hard to recover, it made me look like having dark circles and having eye bags, awful!!! Tried many eye creams, from drug store brands to expensive ones, they could temporary improve it at their best, but did not cure. I kinda gave up and thinking this problem won't go away on its own no matter what I did, probably unless I seek professional help.

I had lost hope basically, until I stumbled across turmeric mask recipe on the internet. I had started using it twice a day for nearly 40 days and the problem was all clear and gone. On top of it, it gives me a very smooth, clear and even complexion, takes off puffiness, no more small bumps, it seems to draw out small bumps from the deeper level of skin to the surface, and kill them, and my facial skin seemed to be about 3 shades lighter than before. (I have fair asian skin tone) Then, I have started using turmeric body mask/ wrap once a week, and it does wonders! The inner thigh area has been lightened quite significantly, and doesn't look darker than my thighs now, and some firming effect, feel very refreshing afterward.

The following is my version of turmeric mask:

1. sour cream (230 grams) -- I prefer sour cream or greek yogurt to milk or regular plain yogurt, it won't drip.
2. lemon juice - half fresh lemon, juice it
3. a tablespoon of 100% pure almond paste or almond powder - I sometimes make it fresh via champion juicer, or use the powder form (can be founded in health food stores), this is optional I think
4. 1.5-2 tablespoon of turmeric powder

* I would use a lot more of turmeric for body wrap, replace almond with sea salt or raw sugar, focus on lymph areas, like armpits, neck, waist, buttocks, inner thighs, behind knees... rub it all over your body and leave it for awhile before shower.

Mix them all up, and this can last for a whole week, two applications daily. I also cover my face with cellophane after application, to make sure it doesn't dry up quickly and allowing the skin to absorb better, but I would lift it up and let it dry naturally before washing. Leave it on for at least 15-20 mins, rinse it first, then wash it twice with a mild cleanser/ handmade soap and a facial brush (if you have one), it definitely can take off the stain, but your finger nails would still be stained.

To make very sure no yellow stain left behind, wipe your face with a good toner and cotton pad, Kiehl's cucumber herbal toner does the job well, and then you are secure.

Really worth a try, if you have acne, hyper pigmentation, uneven skin tone or wrinkle problems, it really works, even just after 1-2 applications, you would see the difference. It literally takes years off your face, I had no patience to use all kinds of skincare products everyday and making it as a routine, but with this mask, yes, mainly because you do see results and improvement all the time, that's the best motivation to keep using it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Aima19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this mask. I have been using it for two weeks regularly and my skin is so bright and smooth. Didn't help that much with the acne but I'll wait for another month or so. People complain about yellowing of the skin, I don't have that problem bcoz I use gram flour and turmeric , which doenst leave my skin yellow . I mix one teaspoon of gram flour and half teaspoon of turmeric and yougurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. I've tried just about every product for acne since I was a teenager. Now that I'm in my 30s, sun spots/hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone has been added to my list of skin woes.
Stumbled across turmeric on a healthy living blog. Had some at home in the cabinet and mixed it with almond oil, milk, honey, and white rice flour. Didn't see much change after the first use, but by the second and third my skin was softer, the tone more even and the hyper pigmentation less noticeable. I often use the Aztec indian clay mask for oil control but I think turmeric may work better, without the discomfort drying of the indian clay.

I also found better results using an organic turmeric over the store bought spice. The smell and the color/texture was different so I recommend purchasing organic as I saw a difference between the two.

I use this as often as I can, usually 3-4 times per week, leaving it on as long as I can, usually an hour. I mix up a decent sized batch and keep it in the fridge for the next few days use.

There has been some slight staining, nothing a wash and an overnight sleep didn't resolve.

Don't be a silly goose people. Give this a shot! I'm very critical of skin products and this stuff really did work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband and I have been taking tumeric supplements for many years due to it being advised to be excellent for an antinflammatory diet which we started some years back and also with cooking with it (only downside is it is very staining but I love the taste it adds) and I can honestly say I notice if I do not take it and feel it makes a world of difference if used long term for a number of health issues including skin inflammatory conditions like acne. So for anyone who does not want the hassle of the staining I do recommend taking a tumeric supplement.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by danne1010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to have HORRIBLE psoriasis all over my body. My mom suggested I try taking Turmeric via a pill each day. I bought some otc and took it for a month.....certainly not expecting to see big results. I saw a HUGE improvement! I have just a few spots on my elbows, back and scalp. While I wish I was 100% free of this...which I will never be, I will say that I am 90% free of it. If I slack off taking it for just one day, I start to get itchy and notice the psoriasis flaring up. I would def. recommend it to anyone who is a psoriasis sufferer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No