November 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

Why on earth would I use an eyeshadow primer that CREASES? I am so glad I got a sample and did not pay $$ for this. Super disappointed :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

See below for quick pros and cons.

This is the primer that needs its own primer to work...its like a tiny expensive foundation for the eyes that comes in just one color.

If you have oily lids that need a bullet proof product try Lime-Crime Eyeshadow Helper Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer - expensive but worth it as you only need the tiniest dot. Lorac is also good and NARS pretty close. The only affordable option I would recommend trying (I've seen on reviews consistently works for most people on oily lids ) is Milani which is supposed to be the best of affordable....I haven't tried it yet but it has a good rating here on MUA.

PROS:
Pigmented so it covers veins and pigmentation, can be used to cover dark circles as an undereye concealer if are the right shade

CONS:
Does not actually work as a primer on oily lids, eyeshadow still smudges off
Very dying under the eyes, looks dry and highlights crepeyness you never noticed before
Very dry looking on top of the lids, makes eyeshadows look flaky
Thick and hard to blend
Only one shade - too dark for fair skin
Oxidises brownish orange on my oily skin
Itches my sensitive eyelids

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousKaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Well, this worked to keep my eyeshadow in place, but it gave me zits. On my eyelids. Yeah, that was ~so~ attractive and painless! In opposite world, maybe. Instead I had big pimpes that made it difficult to open my eyes all the way. 0/10 would not eye zit again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Carallll

Absolutely hate this. It creases almost instantly and oxidises like crazy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a set from ulta in the pump form. It doesn't work as a shadow primer because shadows still crease and it is very drying as an u under eye primer. The pump dispenses too much also. Mine went bad very quickly and it has completely changed color and separated after about 6 months that i have had it and did not use as it was useless. Maybe they repackage old products and sell them at a discounted price. Not good either way.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

This primer just isn't very good :( it creases and smudges my eye shadow and doesn't last very long, plus it's IMPOSSIBLE to apply effectively, you need about a third of one pump for both eyes so it's very wasteful and when it's as expensive as it is this isn't a good thing!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope, didn't work, not even a little bit. I even tried it with a foundation sandwich. Nadda, my shadow was gone within a couple of hours and what little remained had traveled to my eyelash line.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was excited to try this after the sale girl at ulta told me she can't live without it. I'm very disappointed with it. I do like it when I first apply it but within 30 min my shadow still creases and smudges. I live in ca and it's been very hot and humid and it's showing more and more how unhelpful this primer is. I'm going to try a different brand

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmochiq26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got to try this out from a subscription box. The product made bold claims but didn't live up to its name. It creased! Product + eye shadow turned flaky. I was very disappointed. Will not be purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by maria91

I received this as a sample and although I was excited to try it out, I was disappointed. It applies very well, gives the eyelid a matte appearance and blurs any imperfections (for example any veins), but it still creases!

Even when I do a faux-smokey eye by lining my eyelash line with a kajal pencil and blending it upwards, and the pigment is relatively little, it still creases!

Overall, wouldn't repurchase.