BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. NĀ° 04940/N

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This primer is amazing. It's nice and creamy, long lasting, keeps my shadow in place all day long and then some! I've even slept in my makeup a few times, next morning it was still there. I have had the tiny sample over a year now, and still have plenty. I can't imagine how long this full size will last. Probably be enough to do your makeup, all your girlfriends, and sisters every single day for two years! Absolutely give this a 10/10 for cute packaging, longevity, and quality!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product in the shade Medium/Deep because it was recommended by the salesperson who assisted me. I an not particularly impressed with the $30 CAD price, all things considered. It blended in alright with my olive brown skin tone and it was slightly tacky after I let it set, which I had assumed would allow eyeshadow to adhere to it. However, my eyeshadows creased within 2 hours of application.
An interesting thing that I discovered was that this shadow works well underneath my e.l.f. Studio eyeshadow primer, so the two in conjunction gave me about 9 hours of wear (whereas the e.l.f. primer alone usually gave 8).
The packaging is difficult because it keeps getting stuck and is hard to open. I tried soaking it in warm water, but it still remains stuck, which has never happened to me before. In conclusion, I think this product was not very satisfying to use.

on 3/13/2015 9:02:00 PM

Very pricey, but I tried several products and this offered the best coverage.

on 3/5/2015 8:58:00 AM

This product does NOT make your eyeshadow crease in the slightest. It is spectacular. Yes, it is VERY expensive however it it TOTALLY worth every penny you have. It lasts quite a long time if you don't wear makeup every single day. I wear makeup maybe 3-5x/week so I have had mine for quite a while. I LOVE IT!

on 2/22/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

They may have fixed this but the product packaging when I bought it dispensed a massive amount of Stay Don't Stray. So I was using about a quarter of each pump and washing the rest off my hand. I generally liked it, despite a bit of chalkiness when it dried. It really did make your eye make-up stay too. However, given how much waste was involved I quickly threw it over for the Urban Decay product, which is the one to beat.

on 2/20/2015 8:50:00 PM

I was on the market for a nude/flesh colored primer, that would keep my shadows crease-free for a long while. This is definitely NOT it! The shadows (both high-end - UD, tarte, Dior, Estee Lauder, & Too Faced - and drugstore) only last for 4-6 hours before starting to fade and crease. The price is about the same that you would pay for other high-end primers. The only nice thing is the doe-foot applicator. I bought this at Ulta because the sales lady recommended it as her favorite primer. I should have definitely taken it back, but I feel bad about returning products that I have used.

on 2/12/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I hated this. I have two things to say. Only very pale people can use this because of it's color and... it creased in on itself. Forget about eyeshadow... need I say more? It's awful. The $1 E.L.F. Essentials is miles better and a fraction of the price. Do not recommend.

on 1/24/2015 9:52:00 PM

I like this product because it works well at preventing my eye shadows and concealers from creasing and fading. I like the packaging and doefoot applicator and I think the coverage is great (hides the dark pigmentation on my lids) It also doesn't dry out my sensitive eye area and I love how it can be used as a concealer and eye shadow primer.
However, my friends with oilier eye lids find that this creases a lot for them. I find it doesn't intensify the pigments of my eye shadows and is very expensive. I personally find the elf eye lid primer comparable but that doesn't prime under the eyes for concealers. It's quite thick but I like the consistency. I don't like the smell but that faded fairly fast.
I personally love this product as it works really well for me. I would get a sample size to try this out before purchasing large size considering the price and the wide range of reactions to it.

on 1/8/2015 3:35:00 AM

After loving UDPP so much (my first eye primer) I thought branching out would be a good idea. This was the wrong direction to branch in!! Biggest problem - it simply doesn't work for keeping on shadows. I'm using good quality shadows and they're gone when I leave work - UDPP amazed me that it looked as pigmented and rich as when I left home. Ultimately this thing has one job, and it fails at it. Also - a doefoot applicator, really?? What bright spark had that idea? I know it's not just for eyes, but Christ, I always end up with too much and messy spreading. Summary: expensive ineffective product, would not purchase again.

on 1/6/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always, Benefit have pretty packaging and cute names, so that's not new, but I like them a lot :)

With that said, this is an ok primer. To me, it's too dry and hard to blend to make a good primer and I don't feel that my eyeshadow look more intense with it, as it always look with other primer. For concealer, I think it does an ok job but I prefer to set it with some powder.

I will not purchase a full size of this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials