July 23, 2014 | 1286 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was excited to try this after the sale girl at ulta told me she can't live without it. I'm very disappointed with it. I do like it when I first apply it but within 30 min my shadow still creases and smudges. I live in ca and it's been very hot and humid and it's showing more and more how unhelpful this primer is. I'm going to try a different brand

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmochiq26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got to try this out from a subscription box. The product made bold claims but didn't live up to its name. It creased! Product + eye shadow turned flaky. I was very disappointed. Will not be purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by maria91

I received this as a sample and although I was excited to try it out, I was disappointed. It applies very well, gives the eyelid a matte appearance and blurs any imperfections (for example any veins), but it still creases!

Even when I do a faux-smokey eye by lining my eyelash line with a kajal pencil and blending it upwards, and the pigment is relatively little, it still creases!

Overall, wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by kim2241

I've been using this primer for about 6 months..my eye shadow never stays in place! I will not get this product again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There are way better primers out there, for example Too Faced Shadow Insurance (which in my opinion works better than UDPP). Nor repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chadias

This was my first eyelid primer and though it doesn't work very well for shadows, it helped me cover my undereye circles pretty well! I use UD's primer potion in Eden nowadays, but I'm considering repurchansing this for daily use, as the UD one is more suited for special occasions because of the matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ninaribena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as part of a set, I can't remember the name but it was the concealer one.
Within 3 months this split, and I mean seriously split, could not blend it back together split. I'd pump some out and it was like a little thick creamy turd of concealer sitting in an oil slick. Even before this split it was hard to work with and too thick to blend out nicely.
I would not buy this again, luckily I didn't buy the stand alone full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only clicked "Yes, I would buy this again" because there isn't a "eh, maybe" option. I don't hate this product (I do hate most Benefit products, though..) but it's not spectacular. I noticed my eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette) had kind of migrated upwards in places after half a day which was alarming, but, the saving grace this product has for me is that when I use it as an under eye primer, it also conceals my dark circles a LOT just on it's own. I then Beauty Blend my MAC concealer under my eyes and it's almost like I don't have two small children who take turns keeping me awake at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really should have known.
Despite reading many mixed reviews on this product, I came across it in the drugstore and made a last-minute decision to purchase. There is something about the Benefit displays that suck me in, even though I should know better by now.

At $30 CAN a pop, it was an expensive mistake to make.
To clarify, what I was looking for was a tinted primer that would help correct the discolourations in my eye area (being very fair means a lot of dark circles and veins, in my case), while also keeping my oily lids under control.

While this primer certainly was tinted, that is where the good part of my review ends, sadly. "Stay Don't Stray" didn't last more than 4 hours on my lids without creasing-- both above and below the lid.

I will finish the tube and try to make the best of things, but I certainly won't be repurchasing this primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first (and probably last) Benefit product. I had never tried this brand previously because it's so damned expensive but when I was at Sephora, I wanted to get my first eye primer and wasn't sure what to pick. I naturally went toward the UDPP but a Sephora lady advised me to try this.
The Stay Don't Stray Light shade was a litte too dark for me but I could deal by blending well (what's the point of making a primer that also serves as a concealer/concealer primer but without proposing enough shades to satisfy a wide number of people?!). Unfortunately, after 20min, it had oxydized orange brown and made me look riduclous. The eyeshadow I had put there had creased worse than if I had put nothing there. The texture is thick, uncomfortable and it made my eyelids itch and hurt in spite of my skin not being sensitive. I do not recommend this product at all, I threw 25 out of the window.