Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 5/20/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hello, my name is PandaMoo and I am a false lash addict. If there's a mascara to make me kick my addiction, it'd be Dior. Right? Hmmm, nope. The texture is great and the brush is good, but it's like every other drugstore mascara I've used. I had to cheat and use some "extension fibers" in between coats but overall, I'd say save your money.

I am on my fifth tube. I recommend this mascara to everyone I come across and even purchase it as a gift for friends and family.

The consistency is creamy. I always make sure to blot the brush off a bit before applying. I also make sure my lashes don't have any residue, fuzzies, etc. on them before applying this as I would with any other mascara. I apply some Caudalie Premier Cru Elixir serum on my lashes overnight and that helps keep them clean and smooth. I work this mascara lightly into the base of my lashes and usually apply four coats evenly. Then I go back and use the tip of the brush to style my inner lashes and bottom lashes. It dries relatively quick.

I get people asking me all the time if my lashes are the real deal or not. LOVE this stuff!

on 2/8/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, um.......no. I am a huge fan of Dior Blackout curling mascara, but bought this thinking it might be better. Wrong. For the price, this is a terrible mascara and I'm actually returning it to Sephora today. It clumps like crazy and you end up with like, three spikes instead of gorgeous, lifted, fanned out lashes like I get with the other Dior mascara. I don't care for the brush, either. Packaging is gorgeous--I mean, it's Dior so what do you expect? Maybe I'm missing something, but the one thing I've learned in the 20+ years of buying and wearing makeup is that mascara is totally subjective. What one person raves about, another person will hate. Guess I'm one of the haters.

on 1/7/2015 4:09:00 AM

I love this mascara so much!It truly lengthens and volumizes my short and stubby lashes.

on 9/21/2014 8:12:00 AM

This mascara made my lashes long and not at all clumpy, and added volume, however I feel that it is a little overpriced for what it is. The packaging is not the best either. The bottle is pretty and of normal size and shape but the product builds up around the bottom of the outside of the lid, which has never happened with any other high end mascara or even drugstore product. Overall, the effect it gives is decent but as a whole it is probably not worth the investment.

on 6/15/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this for myself at Christmas I have used other Dior mascaras in the past and have been blown away so I thought this would be just as good. I have to say this has to be one of the worst mascaras i have ever used. The formula was way to wet my lashes clumped no matter what i did. I wouldn't rec this to anyone. I had hoped that it would improve with time and maybe dry out a little but no such luck. Failure from beginning to end.

Diorshow Extase in black was the first luxury mascara I liked enough to buy (and bought again). It gives fat, fanned out lashes with a feathery effect. It takes some time to dry after application (don't blink) but doesn't flake, smudge, or run. The brush should be cleaned often as clumps tend to gather in the bristles. I'm less loyal these days but would purchase this again if the mood struck and budget allowed.

on 3/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this mascara for several years now and I can't fault it. My lashes look thick and long and feel comfortable. No clumping either. Just as importantly it doesnt budge but is easy to remove. No more panda eyes. This is one of the few products I keep repurchasing. For me this is the best mascara on the market.

I was a huge fan of Dior Black Out and only bought this when black out was not in stock. It is AMAZING. My HG mascara, without a doubt. The pigmentation is fantastic, (I use black) which just adds instant wow factor. I find other black mascaras look a little grey on my lashes but this one is BLACK. Countless people have thought I was wearing false eyelashes. The formula is wet, so avoid if that's not your thing. The brush tends to carry too much product but it's never caused much of an issue regarding clumping. It's also stayed put when crying, swimming (don't ask) and in a surprise rain downpour!

on 2/26/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I received a deluxe sample of this mascara from Sephora. I must say I really do like it. I apply on both my top and bottom lashes, not too much clumping, goes on pretty smoothly. It is a little drier than most formulas which I actually like! It makes it less gloopy. Does not smudge too much unless you tear. Would I purchase? At $26 a pop probably not. Although these days even drugstore mascaras run pretty high for no reason. Telescopic is what? Almost $17? This is only 6 dollars more so maybe. I have to say for me this is as good a mascara as it gets.

Popular Mascaras