September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by luplaika

Disappointment. I have fine hair and with this product makes it waaaay too soft. Will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a small tube of this when I decided to try some of the PK line. I had to laugh when I saw the ingredients - it's mainly castor oil. My husband swears by castor oil, he uses it once a week and is the only male in his family to still have all of his hair. I occasionally nab some for my eyelashes, and despite curling every day they never fall out. So, I'm sure this is great for hair, because castor oil is great for hair. I'll use it up but I won't repurchase because it's much cheaper to do a hot oil treatment with the oil itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently ran out of Elasticizer Extreme, so thought I would try this instead - was I ever glad I did. I am fortunate to have many of the high end products, Kerastase, Joico, Pureology etc, but nothing beats the original Elasticizer. I am a single process blond with bra strap length hair that I have been growing. My hair is porous and prone to damage and breakage. This product has transformed my hair into beautiful shimmering silk and the effects last. My ends even look smooth and this is amazing for me, even if I don't blow dry ( I am trying to reduce heat on my hair where possible). I use as recommended, wet hair, massage in the product, pop in a plastic cap and leave for around an hour. Rinse and shampoo twice to remove. My hair feels so light and swingy, I have also noticed previous areas of breakage are starting to grow down, I ended up with unwanted layers due to extension damage, now even these are gaining length. I am very fussy about hair products and their often miraculous claims, but I have found this really works and it will help me grow my hair even longer. This product comes in small sizes so you can try it before investing in a large size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by loucarroll73

I love this product - it has transformed my thick/dry hair and makes it look and feel a lot healthier, also feels a lot softer. Only downside is the cost, it works out expensive if used frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Lilcrystalline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been on the fence about this product for awhile. While I will definitely acknowledge that it does make my hair 'supple' and 'bouncy', and incredibly soft - It just hasn't been something I find myself reaching for.
I feel that it adequately mositurises my 3a fine & thin curls, but to about the same level that my regular conditioners (Alternating PM Awapuhi Ginger, Pureology Hydrate) do. And when used in conjunction with those conditioners (Sometimes I will simply put the mask in, rinse, and shampoo) it doesn't seem to 'add' anything special.
That in mind, it does nothing for my frizz - though I don't think it's intended to. If anything, my hair becomes 'too' soft, and difficult to style.

I don't think this is a bad product by any means, but it just seems extraneous to me. It's also incredibly expensive. I purchased directly from the brand's site, and shipping was absolutely outrageous as they base it off of price, rather than weight. That alone would turn me off from purchasing this product in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Brilliant pre-shampoo conditioning treatment, albeit very expensive. Makes the hair supple, shiny and extremely well conditioned. Can't afford it right now but when I can I get the huge litre bottle from QVC for around 50 or 55 UK pounds when they have it in stock. If all it contained was castor oil I would use just that, but there are lots of other lovely ingredients in it including hydrolysed elastin, hence hair has that wonderful bounce after use. Dropped one lippie due to price but otherwise HG stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kopo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an unique product although I dislike pre-shampoo treatment. I've normal, natural wavy Asian hair and they look healthy before color treatment and regular perming. After using Elasticizer pre-shampoo, my hair feel soft & smooth with volume which is a surprise. 10ml each is adequate for my long hair. I'm debating to get myself a 500ml of the original or extreme version.

Elasticizer is not the best deep moisturizing hair mask in the market and some of you may dislike it. If you have coarse & dry hair, coconut oil or deep moisturizing hair mask provides better result in moisturizing frizzy hair. Try Elasticizer Extreme if you like to explore this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say this product is good.

I have curly hair with a lot of fly aways and it is super dry. But I leave it on for an entire day and my curls are perfect!! I have no frizz.I don't know if you are supposed to do that since it is a pre-shampoo treatment.

Once I wash it ( I use conditioner and no shampoo- check out : co-washing) the frizz are back but y hair feels soft and it def gives the hair extra bounce!

I would recommend this to a friend but don't expect miracles either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Clara28

I bought the elasticizer based on all the raving reviews everywhere on the internet. I have blond hair with highlights, but last year I got it overprocessed after a bad colouring at the hairdresser so it was in a very bad shape. I hoped the elasticizer would make it better, and it did give me softer hair, but only after the first use (after the next uses the mask did nothing for my hair). If you have very damaged hair, i recommend the redken extreme line, which really works, instead of this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get the love for this product but on reading other reviews, I suspect it's great at mending damaged, processed hair. My hair is coarse and frizzy but it isn't processed and as I don't use heat on it, it's in as good condition as it ever will be (it just looks terrible - naturally terrible). This product does nothing for it. If anything it makes it thicker and bulkier and it makes it feel kind of stiff and crunchy whereas what I was hoping for was softness and frizz reduction.