October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by tessipie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Adore this product, most beautiful powder highlighter I've come across so far. Packaging is blah.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I wasn't that impressed for some reason so I shoved it in my makeup drawer and didn't use it for months and months. I just rediscovered it and I love it! Funny how that works. I've been brushing it lightly over my brow bone, the inner corner of my eye, down my nose, and on my cheekbones. It looks amazing! Very glowy but not in a way that's too in your face like some kind of shimmer bomb. I much prefer this to other more expensive highlighters (Ahem, Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal).
One weird thing is that when I got it there was an area that was super soft like there was a pocket of air trapped in the product. It eventually started breaking up in that area but now I feel that in another area of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Love this highlighter. It's not too shimmery (provided you use a light hand) and leaves a pretty sheen on the skin. It's a gorgeous champagne colour and the product itself is so smooth. You also get a huge amount of product for the price too (I think I paid AUD$31.95 at David Jones). It also has suoer cute packaging which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by KIRAN94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best highlighter I have come across. Very pigmented, goes on smoothly, has a velvety texture. And there is a lot of product so you will not run out fast. TRY THIS OUT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most beautiful highlighter! Every time i shop for a new highlighter for a change I always end up not getting it because it doesn't live up to mary-lou. Its a nice champagney shade and it it SUPER pigmented. I also love using it as a eyeshadow so its very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I first heard about this product through Michelle Phan's "How to Look Like Miranda Kerr". She used it as a face highlight as well as an inner-corner highlight. I'd been searching for a highlight that was not pink-based for quite sometime. I think that they must've reformulated this luminizer because I found it on Amazon for $13! So cheap! It will last me a long time. If I find another yellow-based highlighter better than this one than I won't repurchase, so far this is the best one I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Words don't even begin to describe how much I LOVE this stuff!!! It is the perfect highlighter. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. It is on the pricey side but it's SO pigmented that you just have to lightly tap your brush into it, so you'll have it for ages before it runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very frosty highlighter that would look best on young, good skin. The best reviews seem to be from people in their teens and twenties. On older skin it emphasizes bumps and fine lines and it can look too severe, even when applied with a light hand and a high-end Japanese brush. For older skin I much prefer the Lorac highlighter. But if you are younger and want to make a statement, this is the one.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Sonjavidas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this highlighter! It's defiantly worth the price! It is really pigmented, so I use it with a light hand. And since it's so pigmented, it works great as an eyeshadow! I always get compliments on how healthy looking my skin looks whenever I'm wearing this. A must have makeup product for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this on amazon for about 30% off regular retail price. I was so excited for it to arrive, I kept thinking it was going to revolutionize my makeup, and I would look like a glowing angel. (I don't know, I read a lot of positive reviews.) so it arrived one evening and I brushed it on top of my 8+ hour old makeup, with the cheap brush that was included in the amazon order, and I was disappointed to see that it looked a little clumpy. Maybe clumpy is the wrong word, but it wasn't really smooth. So I bought a nice fan brush and tried again on fresh makeup a few days later. I could barely see it, but when I looked closer, it seemed to highlight in certain concentrated areas more than others. I out more on, and when my sister came over later that day I asked if she could see it and she said no. So I showed her the powder (she's 18, and remarked that she liked the packaging) and we tried it on her skin, because even though she's fair, like me, she likes to tan and her skin is a little warmer. I couldn't see it on her either. I put more on myself and we decided it was too similar to our skin tones to highlight. Plus, the fact that it's champagne-colored makes it really not settle cleanly into my cool-toned skin. Although later, from further away, we noticed each other's skin did look a little bit smoother and more glowy (we'd just brushed it on our cheekbones. I tried it in the corner of my eyes and it was too dark, so I'm nt doing that anymore.) overall, it's nice for a subtle look, and would probably work best on people with warm tones, or who have a little more melanin in their skin than I do. But I wouldn't but it again.