August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this polish but I just can't. First off, I don't like writing completely negative reviews so I'll start out with the positive stuff. A good thing is that mint candy apple is such a fresh, summery color that looks amazing with a tan! I love how this is bright like a white polish would be, but it's way more fun than that.
The color may be great and all, but the formula is horrendous. This polish was so difficult to apply, and it got really streaky and didn't blend together. I had to re-do about three nails for this to look presentable. In the end a nice shiny top coat evened everything out, but what a struggle! This stuff cost me about eight dollars and it so wasn't worth it.
If you want a nice mint nail polish, get it from OPI, they're the best. This formula is just too hard to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

Love this color and how well this polish does overall on my nails. It dries super fast (I'm suprised they don't put this in the bottle!), and has great color after one coat (though I prefer a extra bold bright pop of color, so I opt for 2). The only problem I have with this product is the small brush. I prefer the larger flat type of brush that makes it super easy to apply coats evenly. Overall, I highly recommend. I was pleasantly suprised. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Lilybet05

I LOVE this color. It gives a pop of colour, perfect for spring! The color is almost on the verge of a light aqua which is so unique and gorgeous. Although the colour is beautiful the price is not so flattering especially seeing as I needed to apply 3 coats and touch ups after the first day of wearing the lacquer. I was pretty reluctant to buy this polish as it was $20 for a small bottle but all the good reviews made me spend. I found the polish chipped very easily and was sheer to apply though. The polish dries quick and streak free which is a massive plus. I only gave the polish a 3 star rating because I payed quite a bit for a small bottle, I have bought nail polish for a quarter of the price that I would give a 5 star rating too. If it wasn't for the flattering colour I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by tash5678dance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As an avid collector of Essie nail polishes I think 'mint candy apple' is one of the most stunning and funny colours in the range. As an tanned girl the colour really stood out on my nails and gave them a healthy pop of colour. I couldn't find fault I'm the colour at all.

As a teenager who is very involved the color didn't chip in my nails for days ( however I also had a top and base coat). Personally, I applied two coats of the polish for a bit more colour but it's not particularly nescacarry.

I have, and will continue to, recommend it to friends and family members and I strongly recommend it to you guys xx Tash 🎀👌

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Toyamvs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I wore this polish I immediately fell in love with it. It has become one of my top 5 favorites. It looks so pretty against my skin tone. I loved it so much that I bought a second bottle. Which is kind of extreme for nail polish but I am polish addict. My only complaint is that the formula is on the thick side which I don't like, but I've noticed that's the usual with these chalky pastel colors. Kinda like OPI Mod About You. But I love pastel nail colors. I would recommend trying this and you most likely won't be disappointed. I can't wait to wear it on my toes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Victoria44

When first applying the polish I noticed the brush was very small and after the first coat was very streaky on my nails. However, once a second coat and top coat is applied the polish evened out. On the shelf the colour looks much more mint then when I painted it on my nails but nonetheless a beautiful colour. When applied with a good base and top coat (I used Barry M) the nail polish remained chip free for 5-6 days.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by misshamilton

Maybe its just not great on my skin tone, but I have to say I was really excited to buy Mint Candy Apple and I was a bit disappointed. Its really more blue than anything, and I was hoping for more of a mint. Its even close to Ferris Wheel by Ciate which is a lovely sky blue, only it's brighter has more of a pop. Id say the formula for this polish is better than most of Essie's other colors and it seems to dry faster for whatever reason. My final verdict is that although its nice to have in my collection, it's not my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Gorgeous color but it's not mint lol. It's a Robin's egg blue color. I heard it was through Youtube and went to look at it in person. It's not anywhere near green. It's a very pretty spring/summer color and makes my hands look more tan. I am NW20 and they look great with the color.

Fully opaque in 2 coats and no streaks. Typical Essie polish and dries fast. It isn't chalky like some pastels can be.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.49 USD. I have several ongoing obsessions, and one of them is finding perfect minty green polish. I got this based on the reviews, but this looks like a lovely, pale blue to me, and definitely NOT pale mint green. I love this color - it's very opaque and covers the nail well in one coat and lasts forever with a clear coat. But, I was looking for "green," like the minty color found in Jcrew catalog, if you know what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by claire16x

I heard so many great things about this product - that it was the perfect mint colour, so when I saw it I had to grab it. I love how opaque it is, this really surprised me (this was the first essie nail polish I bought) as previous nail polishes I've tried have always been quite sheer, streaky and needed alot of coats. So I love it for that reason -you can't see your nail underneath which I like. However I feel like the colour is more of a light pearly blue, rather than mint. This is kind of dissapointing but don't get me wrong, it is still a beautiful colour and to some it may be seen as a LIGHT mint colour. It usually lasts around 4 days with no chips without any top coat which is pretty good.
I'm very pleased with this purchase, just wish the colour was more minty-green. But this has defintely made me an Essie fan, so would definitely recommend this!