July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer spf15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I am overall pretty impressed with this tinted moisturizer. I dont always like tinted moisturizers just because most companies seem to make them 99% lotion and 1% "tinted" which doesnt do anything to cover ANY redness or imperfections I want concealed. Im not looking for foundation, but a little coverage is nice. Having said that, I think Hard Candy is one of the best I've tried as far as coverage goes in a tinted moisturizer. I dont usually use or like drugstore products (I didnt like Cover Girls tinted moisturizer very much) but I prefer this $7 one over many of the brands that Sephora etc sell. The one complaint I have, is with the color selection. I chose fair, the lightest - and though I am very happy they have a yellow toned shade (unlike most companies which are too pink on me), even fair is just a bit too dark for my skin most of the year and Im NC20. So Im not sure how anyone paler than me could wear any of the Hard Candy tinted moisturizers! In summer however, when I have a tan, this matches me quite well. I havent noticed any separating mentioned in other reviews and I've had this for 10 months. I also like that it doesnt make my skin oily or greasy - big plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see that there weren't any reviews yet of this great product. Then again, I'm not very familiar with this m/u line, so maybe this tm is fairly new. Hard Candy (carried now in Walmart) seems to consist of eye products in over the top colors and lip products with suggestive names, geared toward younger consumers. A lot of their products are cute, but not the type I would wear every day.. In the midst of this is their Sheer Envy line- a primer (which seems to be popular on the m/u board) and tinted moisturizers. I skipped right over the primer and bought the tm in Fair. It's great- I love the way it makes my skin look. I have very sensitive, breakout prone but dry skin with a little redness and some old acne scars. There's nothing really special about the packaging- it comes in the standard tube that most tinted moisturizers are packaged in. This tm is actually moisturizing- it's creamy and rich, and feels soothing. I've been using it for over a week every day and haven't had a breakout. The thickness of it (it has a much thicker consistency than many other tinted moisturizers) helps it go on comfortably without lots of rubbing and blending and it covers up those imperfections that other, watery tm's can't hide. The color is, miraculously, a match for my fair, PPP complexion. It looks slightly darker in the tube than it does on the face- I wasn't sure that it would be the right shade, but it looks perfect. The finish is a nice, smooth, satin matte finish- although it imparts a subtle glow, it's not shiny, and there isn't a shimmer or sparkle in sight. I just look like I have natural, healthy skin. I'm not sure if I'll be trying Hard Candy's sparkly eye shadows, or neon-pink blushes, but I'll definitely continue to buy and use this tm for as long as it's available.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I am a TM kind of girl. When my skin is mostly clear, I prefer to wear a light TM and a bit of concealer. I was excited to try this after hearing such great things about it on MUA. I purchased the light shade that works well for my light, warm/yellow tones skin (NC15-20 range). It surprisingly has a good amount of coverage compared to other TMs I have used. Unlike a lot of TMs it also has more of a matte finish. It looks amazing with a tiny bit of concealer and Maybelline dream mousse powder on top.

It has only one con, but it is big enough to make me hate it now. It separates over time. I am not even halfway done with my tube and it has already separated. I know a lot of people say just shake it up, but it separates again within hours, and that freaks me out Ė I donít want that to happen to my face while I am wearing it. Also, I shake it really vigorously and it still canít get it to mix all the way.

Itís really too bad. I hope they fix this! If it didnít go bad so quickly, I would love this. I wonder how many people are going to change their reviews after this happens to them, but to me this is a major issue with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by SkylarJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an example of a product you buy because it's a great deal, but wish you had gotten something better quality. It is rather liquidy and does not even skintone even the slightest bit. I have dry skin and it's winter time, but by mid-day this had melted off and left a greasy film! Do Not Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a thing about foundations -- I always want to try them, but can never abide the resultant freakish perfection, investment of time, or the un-doing of my natural coloring. I do, however, like a good TM for days when my skin looks kind of blah. I used to like Hard Candy in high school, and was surprised when I found this on a fluke trip to Wally World. It is quite perfect. The coverage is there, but minimal. It perfects texture without spackling my rosey cheeks, so there's no need for me to hit up the blush if I don't feel like it. At the same time, it does take my redness down a notch so I look healthy rather than ruddy. And the Fair shade is a dead-on match for my skin; slightly yellower, but absolutely invisible once applied (owing, in large part I'm sure, to its sheerness). FEels like nothing, blends/absorbs almost instantly, minimal sunscreen smell. I love that HC still refrains from animal testing, however I make it a point not to shop at WalMart, so I'm disappointed that I'd technically have to support them in order to repurchase. Nevertheless, I would consider it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would honestly give this a 3.5 but I'm leaning more towards 3 than a 4.
I purchased the lightest colour. I am very pale with neutral undertones. I have good skin with the occasional breakout but I do not breakout easily.

Mine does not have spf. I am in Canada and I guess they did not release the tm with spf here which is a bummer.
I find this too yellow and a bit too dark for my skin. I wish they offered a more neutral colour or lighter options.
I get shiny after a few hours with this on, which is rare since I have dry skin. I don't know if the spf affects this.
This transfers easily I noticed, even after using a setting powder. It is almost as the moisturizer and the makeup separate on my face.
I am still on the hunt for a perfect tm but this isn't too bad. I would repurchase as the price is great, it doesn't break me out and it is handy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is in two parts. Part I refers to the product when it was originally purchased, and Part II is currently about 4 months later.
My initial impressions of Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer in Fair were very favorable. I liked the mousse-like feel of the product and the semi-matte finish. Although the shade could be a bit lighter for my NC15 skintone, I found I could make it work by using a very small amount and blending well. I love that Hard Candy included SPF 15 in their tinted moisturizer and that the product is packaged in a tube. The packaging looks cute and is decorated with black swirly designs. For $8.00, I thought it was a steal.
Because the tube is mostly clear, I clearly saw that my product separated. It wouldn't mix back together no matter how much I shook it and tried to get the oils and pigments to recombine. I don't know what caused the problem, but maybe the tube needs to be dark to better protect the product?
Recently I reached for my tube and a lot of oily fluid oozed out. The expiration date on the crimp of my tube is 8/11, nearly 8 months out! I emailed Hard Candy's customer service several weeks ago but so far I haven't seen a replacement product.
Part I Rating: 4 (minus one point for limited shade selection)
Part II Rating: 1 for a product that disentegrated long before it's expy date. I am hoping my Glamoflage concealer which also comes in a tube stays intact!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Over all this is just an okay product. Nothing too amazing. I am VERY fair skinned so I HATE the fact that they have limited colors. Not a good product for fair skinned people!
EDIT--- After having this for about 2 weeks, its become extremely watery. I always shake it up, and I have kept it in normal temperatures even when traveling, so im not sure why its become so watery/nasty. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good tinted moisturizer for the price. It gives me lasting sheer coverage. I find that it can be kind of a pain to apply, though. If my skin is the least bit dry, it gets cakey since it's a bit more thick than most TMs. After figuring that out, I started mixing it with a little bit of my normal moisturizer to thin it out. Works perfect that way. I do think "tinted moisturizer" is a bit of a stretch because it's a lot more coverage than what most TMs provide. More like "light foundation". Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by bonster117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product but I just don't. Some other PPPs said that the fair color was pretty light and was good, but I must be the most pale gal out there because the "fair" shade was too dark/orange on me. Aside from the bad shade, the texture is awful. It is SO heavy feeling. Even after I spent time blending blending blending, I could feel it sitting on my face. Putting a powder over it did not help at all. It felt really greasy and I felt like I couldn't even touch my face without the TM rubbing off on my hand. Bleh!