April 20, 2014 | 1022 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max in Extreme Black 003

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

This product clumps my lashes really badly. Usually, I kinda like the spidery lash look, but this mascara is literally disgusting. It wouldn't be too bad if it lengthened too but it doesn't lengthen and it doesn't hold the curl at all! It's just hard to work with and build up because the formula is just weird. I can't layer it with other mascaras either because that looks bad too. It's hard to wash off at night and sometimes pulls my lashes out when removing it and this is the WASHABLE version! I will not buy this again. The only good thing is the packaging, the colour of the formula and the brush is okay too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know a lot of reviewers have complained about how wet this is; my complaint is just the opposite. After I applied the first coat, it looked like there was none on the brush, so I ran it across my hand, and there was what should have been an ample amount. However, my eyelashes looked barely more noticeable than without mascara. I applied two more coats, and could still barely tell any difference. I will NOT be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brush on this is awful, my lashes clump together like crazy. The formula is very wet. The only thing I liked was the inky black color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by frannifran

very buildable, not clumpy, coats nearly every lash. The formula isn't too heavy, so your lashes will stay curled. the volume payoff is really quite amazing for any mascara; better than many high end mascaras I've tried. Comparable to Diorshow but it's a third of the price. Not sure why the rating is SO LOW on here....
Apparently this mascara is tragically underrated

If you're looking for an affordable mascara that adds GREAT volume, I definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore mascara I have tried so far.

When you first open the tube, you notice that it does get quite clumpy. But once I got the hang of applying it the clumping was minimal.

One thing I love about this mascara is that you can easily apply coat after coat (some of them dry too fast for you to do that). When I apply several coats the volume is amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this mascara is the eye-catching packaging. What's on the inside is not so impressive. The formula is a prefect recipe for clumps! It is too gritty and dry. Whenever I use this mascara on its own, my lashes look like a clumpy mess. When I pair with another mascara like Lashblast or L'Oreal Voluminous, it looks much better. But I don't have time to do that every morning. I would skip this mascara. There are just too many better options out there. It's not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by peachdew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow, didn't think this would have such terrible reviews! i've used this mascara for a few months now, i'm on my second tube now after switching from the green tube, volume flash max bold curves (i was given the max as a present so this is why i started using this one) and i think it's a good mascara. the brush isn't my favorite - the tip of it really clumps but a lot of mascaras do, i find, so i don't let this affect my opinion too much. i really don't think it holds volume or curl well at all, though. my eyelashes look pretty short and unappealing by the end of the day. hm, now that i think about it, i actually understand why the reviews aren't too great! i use this as a base mascara and if i top up a second coat hours later it looks good again, but i wish i didn't have to. still, it's an okay mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

***review from my blog***

I will be honest with you, this is my second purchase of Rimmel brand. I wanted to give them another chance (my first purchase did not yield the results I thought they promised...as for this one--same deal) Moving on...

The Rimmel The Max Volumeflash mascara makes a few promises:

1. To provide 14x volume
2.mess free, clump free application
3.has collagen and keratin to nourish and strengthen the lash

Their claim is to make your eyelashes Thicker. I am going to show you my pictures and then you decided for yourself if their claim is true
My first issue: The Wand

The packaging made it seem it is going to be a nice Big wand. Quite the opposite, the wand is small. If you can look closely, the wand bristles are actually in a square form to "coat" all the lashes. I am not a fan of this wand, at all.

Mascara formula: I am having an issue with this. I thought the formula was supposed to thicken my lashes, instead it lengthened them. My lashes look like spider legs if I go over the 4 coats!!!! If this mascara was promoted for lengthening the lashes, then by gosh they nailed it. But this is not the case. And this formula clumps!!!!!! You cannot see it on the photos, but when I used this mascara yesterday....it clumped like there was no tomorrow. 4 hours later, I have mascara bits all over my cheeks!!!!! It also it makes my lashes feel drier (never experienced this with other mascaras)

Verdict?

Stay the hell away of this mascara. If you have naturally thick eyelashes, it may work for you. But lashes like mine......forget it about it! Buy at your own Risk!!!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS

I am going to return this today.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is the first and only Rimmel mascara I have tried & I hate it. The formula is SO wet and takes forever to dry. I opened the mascara three months ago and forgot about it. I tired it again and it was still just as wet and gloopy. I have the waterproof version which is usually great for holding curl but not in this mascara. My curl fell within minutes. It added a little volume but nothing noticeable. I would never repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by beautytent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not a big fan of this product.. it isnít too bad but its nothing special.
Pros:
It last all day without any smudging
Doesnít turn flaky during the day
Long lasting

Cons:
You have to apply it very carefully otherwise it looks really clumpy
You canít keep replying it after the first coat has dried or it gets clumpy
And I kinda hated the brush to picked up way too much product leading to the ugly clumpy look
did not give me any "volume" on my lashes either

wouldnt buy this product again.